Page 7 of 59 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Fitchella 2012 It's GO TIME!

Default Re: Fitchella 2012 It's GO TIME!

Yesterday was the worst eating day since Coachella weekend. Will try and rebound today and tomorrow.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Yeah, I fucked up yesterday too. Out to dinner with a friend for a 4 course meal, then too many drinks at a club and then Korean wings at Kyochon at 2:30am. You gotta live a little once in a while, right?

Yeah, so, add me to that didn't-do-so-well-today group. Er. Um. Yeah.

WORKOUT

walking, 40 minutes
    dancing, 3 hours (that counts, right?)

FOOD

Breakfast: Cereal with skim milk, 196 calories

Lunch: Salmon salad, beer, 507 calories

Snack: Malasada, 237 calories

Dinner: Open-face breakfast sandwich (same recipe but re-purposed photo), 549 calories

Late Night Snack: Pinkberry, 200 calories (no photo taken for this one either. oops)

I finished cat-sitting tonight, which means I am now back at my apartment. I couldn't be happier. Although staying in a big gorgeous house sounds like it would be fun, it makes cooking difficult when you're got a completely empty fridge and cupboards without even the basic spices and olive oil and whatnot. So, I did a lot of takeout over the past two days, but hopefully I can get back on track starting tomorrow.

Also, geez, NO MORE FRO YO FOR ME.

WORKOUT

hula hooping, 45 minutes (Kylie inspired me! yay!)

FOOD

Breakfast: Cereal with skim milk, 196 calories

Lunch: Carnitas mulitas with salsa, 673 calories

Snack: Frozen yogurt with fresh fruit and shredded coconut, 236 calories

Snack: Carrots and hummus with roasted red pepper, 145 calories

Dinner: Leftover quinoa with kahuku sea asparagus, dill, lemon and olive oil, 221 calories
    Last edited by Courtney; 05-30-2011 at 10:32 PM.

So I already failed at this eating healthy thing. Not only did I forget my lunch at home (baked talapia with long grain rice) which will make me go out to eat fast food, but I also forgot I was suppose to be eating healthy this morning so I had a donut for breakfast... Double fail.

I think after work I might go check out the community work out facility at my new apartments. I will also take a walk around the complex and check out the three pools so I can plan my upcoming pool party.

I did get plenty of exercise this weekend while moving so I will not be so hard on myself regarding the donut.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

I really enjoy swimming or so i'm discovering. I swam a bit in Vegas. I used the treadmill in Vegas. OMG did I feel great for it too. I slept very little and drank very much but the hydration and exercise made me feel fantastic compared to how I felt the one day I didn't. I had tons of different and awesome food this weekend. Went to a chinese/mexican fusion place and had a dish called "like water for chocolate" it was fried qauil but very light breading. I had dragon fruit for the first time ever and that was delicious. I also had guava. Delicious scallops and everything was really really good.

We cooked in our suite on Sunday and had pasta with vodka sauce and I had a ton but I don't regreat any of the eating I did this weekend....or the drinking. I've never had so many different combos of vodka. I drank excessively the last 4 days.

Last night when I was at home drinking I drunkenly got on the scale. 247 pounds. Smiles. Back to the grind this week though. I'm munching on fruit this morning for breakfast. I have a ton of school work to do this week. I hope to get some of it done at work.

Oh and while at the fitness center at the MGM Signature this weekend I did my fastest and first full straight mile of jogging. It was an 11.5 minute mile, I varied speeds after that and did just over 2 miles. It really felt good on only a few hours of sleep too.

Courtney, I feel you on the fro-yo; well on the Pinkberry at least. I swear they put crack in that stuff. The new lychee flavor is so refreshing. Just do yourself a favor and don't look at the nutritionals!

Got the final ok from my doctor to resume regular workouts!! Did my first set of HIIT in over 2 mos. I'm completely wiped out from one HIIT session. Gonna take a couple of weeks to get back to where I was in terms of endurance. Onwards!

I took a half hour walk around my apartment complex last night, it probably would have been shorter if I hadn't gotten slightly lost. There is an awesome walking path that goes around the golf course. In the process I found the workout facility too. I talked to Nick about wanting to lose a few pounds/shape up before our trip and he agreed that on the nights we hang out we can try to hit the gym as well. I just think it will be a lot easier if I have someone to go with.

I sucked at eating healthy though. Oh well, maybe I will do better today.

Going running...aka fast walking

FOUR TET. HOT CHIP. SIMIAN MOBILE DISCO. BOOKA SHADE. LEE SCRATCH PERRY. BEACH HOUSE.

Richie Hawtin. James Blake. Loco Dice.

14 hour drinking session on Monday. Am I doing this right?
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

5 days now of eating terrible food and being tired. I feel less tired today so i'm catching back up at least a little. My morning jog has suffered in a great way, just way off. After an 11 1/2 min. continuous mile on the treadmill in Vegas i've been doing 15-16 minute miles in the morning, cramps, not feeling awake, lazy and lathargic. All bad. Had two peices of fried chicken today and a chocolate chip cookie.

I think I needed to feel this and do this in order to remind myself how terrible it all is. I just hope i'm completely over it now because it's not even stuff I enjoy any more. I also deserve for the workouts to be more difficult, punishment for gluttony.

Back to feeling great starting tonight with a better run on the treadmill hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofhal View Post
    14 hour drinking session on Monday. Am I doing this right?
    Yes, I spent Friday - Monday pretty much drunk. Monday night I weighed myself and I was down like 5 pounds from my last weigh in.

We are awesome.

I'm in England right now and have been eating nothing but high fat junk food and drinking booze all week. My plan is to crack down when I get home but in the meantime I am guiltily enjoying myself while feeling blech. I will need a full on cleanse next week.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

I haven't worked out in two weeks, and I've either been sick or out of town for the better part of a month. I've eaten like shit while out of town. Needless to say, I've regressed. When I feel better, I'm going to get back into a routine. I'm not leaving town for the foreseeable future. Congrats to everyone who is kicking ass.

thisiswhyyourefat.com, Hawaii edition:

(Note: I actually asked for a half-size portion of brown rice instead of the standard serving.)

Really excited I found this thread! My name is tara and I'm a crossfitter. Started last august and loved it so much I'm going to get my certification this month! I'd definitely say nutrition is the hardest part of my fitness life since I own/operate an italian kitchen and pizzeria. So many good options but we are always getting samples of pastas, cheese etc. Today so far steak and eggs for breakfast, greens beans with bacon for lunch and I snacked in some bread with exprimental olive tapenade today. Going to work at the gym right now and I'll post my work out after dinner. Nice to meet all of you!
    "common sense is not so common." - mark twain

Welcome Tara! Can't wait for your contributions to this thread. Italian kitchen, steak n' eggs and green beans w/ bacon all sound fantastic. I'm Italian and was raised on home made Italian food. My grandfather was born in Italy. Anyway, we look forward to more posts!

Eating healthfully is certainly not mutually exclusive to Italian cooking. My Italian family members tend to live to the 90-95 years range, and very few of them have been overweight. Of course they ate little or no fast food, were picky about ingredients, drank mostly water or wine, ....

One thing i'm recently happy about: push ups. A couple of years ago my left arm (shoulder to wrist) got strained seriously to the point of therapy. The shoulder and arm got better, but the dorsal part of my wrist constantly sucked ass. One simple push up meant a lot of pain (pushing a door open hurt). To be cautious, i would wear the wrist brace the therapist gave me in almost any situation where i had to lift something that appeared to be more than 10 pounds (a regular occurrence at werk). For some reason after Coachella, things seemed to get better and better. Although flat palms on the ground push ups can still hurt, using push up bars is pain free at this time. Not trying to push myself, so i started at 15 and now am up to 20. Looking forward to adding an additional one each day. Nice to have this simple option back in the arsenal of my poor exercise regimen.

2nd day back in the saddle. Doing the P90X Ab Ripper workout after several weeks off? Oh GOD. It's like starting all over again. I'm going to be in pain tomorrow.

Walked for an hour the past 2 nights. No biggie. Just trying to move the body.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

I ate pretty well last night, even though we were at the bar. I ordered a half oriental chicken salad, it was so gross though that I only nibbled the chicken and wontons (yes, i know wontons aren't healthy). I will probably need to spend less time in the bar if I want to be serious about healthy eating, there just aren't many healthy options on a bars menu.

This morning I had an egg white/veggie quessadilla for breakfast and I am having my leftover talapia and rice for lunch since it took this long to remember to bring it to work. I am hoping it is still good, I cooked it on Monday night.

Went to tepanyaki with my husband last night and avoided the rice. Started off the morning with 3 hard boiled eggs and some cashews. Just mowed through some pho noodle soup because I'm starting to feel sick. Still sore from yesterday's workout and today's looks dreadful! Here's my workout from yesterday:
    200 m run, 10 burpee tuck jumps, 10 overhead squats, 5 squat snatches, 3 rounds of 15 thrusters and 15 chinups, 10 overhead squats, 5 squat snatches, 200 m run. My legs are so toast. Took me almost 30 minutes!

Not sure what's for dinner tonight. Prolly fish and spinach. I've been having a stare down with our slices pizza all day. Trying to say no!
    "common sense is not so common." - mark twain

Quote Originally Posted by tarabull View Post
    200 m run, 10 burpee tuck jumps, 10 overhead squats, 5 squat snatches, 3 rounds of 15 thrusters and 15 chinups, 10 overhead squats, 5 squat snatches, 200 m run. My legs are so toast. Took me almost 30 minutes!
    These are some big time calorie burners, good job.

Hi friends
    Sorry that I have been sucking at posting lately. I just read through and am happy for everyone that is still rocking this, and totally understand those that have had set backs. I have been maintaining nicely, although had been slacking a bit at the gym (went out of town for a funeral and never got back on track). Time to get back on track, so yesterday I signed up for the 30 day challenge at the Bikram yoga studio. This means that isn the month of June I will attend 30 classes. The idea is to go once a day every day, but if you miss a day you are allowed to do a double to make up for it. So far I am 2 for 2. Wish me luck!

Oh and since I am going to buy lay a way tomorrow, what weekend are we all going?

From what I can tell, most are trying for weekend 1. I'm going to be a baller though. Weekend 1 camping....travel to vegas for some mid week fun then a resort package for Weekend 2! I can't believe how much awesome that week will be filled with.

Walked for an hour again tonight.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

*high five* fatbastard!

Faxman, if I could come for that long I would totally be with you! That sounds AMAZING