Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 545556575859
Results 1,741 to 1,759 of 1759

Thread: Fitchella 2012 It's GO TIME!

Default Re: Fitchella 2012 It's GO TIME!

I'm a firm believer in tea. Drink it after every meal and feel that hot water burn all your meal fat. What about the old super skinny Chinese guy sitting at his table smiling and smoking whom you've never seen move? Indeed.

And skip breakfast. Don't listen to the "start each day with a hearty breakfast to gain your strength and energy" bullshit. Have a Cup of Joe and get on your way.

God. Everyone's a fucking expert.

I hear there's this pill you can take....BOOM!! Weight loss with no exercise and you can eat whatever you want. Or not eat, as mentioned above.

Quote Originally Posted by marooko View Post
    I hear there's this pill you can take....BOOM!! Weight loss with no exercise and you can eat whatever you want. Or not eat, as mentioned above.
    You did? What is it? Are you selling it? Can you get me some? Here's my credit card.

So, I made this little treadmill workstation. Built it as requested by wife who will be working from home a couple days per week with her new job and swears she can walk and work at least half the day. I'll give it a go whenever I work from home or when I'm just surfing around.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    So, I made this little treadmill workstation. Built it as requested by wife who will be working from home a couple days per week with her new job and swears she can walk and work at least half the day. I'll give it a go whenever I work from home or when I'm just surfing around.

I want this.

Can you make mine on an elliptical machine?

What's the lag time between invoice and delivery to the east coast?

Quote Originally Posted by marooko View Post
    Don't these pills make you poop uncontrollably if you eat anything containing fat?
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

I've been on my grind

Monday - shoulders
    Tues- back
    Wed abs/calves.cardio
    Thurs - chest arms
    Fri Legs.

Been doing 40-60 min of cardio 5 days a week. Abs 4 times a week and started a stricter diet. I dropped from 200 to 188 and hopefully by late august should be closer to 170-175
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdtram View Post
    if you can't pull off getting drugs into a festival and consuming them, you don't deserve them.
    Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post
    Wait. You like Cudi but you think Outkast is a one hit wonder.

Somebody shoot this fuck.

I am getting married in December. I found my motivation. Healthy eating again, arg!
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

Oh god. Nipple bleeding. Oh god.

So I have given up on an weight training or sculpting. When I was at my happiest weight I only did cardio and that seemed to help me burn fat like a crazy machine. So I am going for what works. I do Pilates 3 times a week so I figure that should be fine for sculpting and core. I am gonna be doing a lot of HIIT cardio workouts - Has anyone tried this and had any success? My first go at it was truly amazing, curious if anyone else has tried it?
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Music is a safe kind of high" - Jimi Hendrix
    “Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby

Quote Originally Posted by MoSetsfire View Post

I've been on my grind

Monday - shoulders
    Tues- back
    Wed abs/calves.cardio
    Thurs - chest arms
    Fri Legs.

Been doing 40-60 min of cardio 5 days a week. Abs 4 times a week and started a stricter diet. I dropped from 200 to 188 and hopefully by late august should be closer to 170-175
    Make sure you switch up the days on which you do your workouts, and switch up the actual workouts that you do too. This will cause your muscles to not get used to the workouts that you're doing, and essentially become "confused."

Muscle confusion = Results

We've been doing kickboxing for about 8 months now, working with our current instructor for the past 6. We go 3 days a week, with hour-long classes. Mondays & Wednesdays are always different with either punching, kicking, or defensive drills, and sometimes we do sparring, which can be really fun and has taught me how well I can take a hit to the chin/face (punches & kicks). Fridays are devoted to cardio.

When we started, I couldn't do 30 reps when jumping rope; last week I managed to get up to 250 before taking a break (en route to 350). And ever since I modified my diet recently to include more fiber, I've noticed a marked improvement in my stamina, energy level, and appearance. (I'm already utilizing the next hole on my belt.) We've also severely reduced our alcohol consumption, reducing it to just one night a week.

That all being said, I feel like I'm not improving cardiovascularly as well as I'd expect. I even work out 2-3 times a week at home, doing abs and some work with a kettlebell, and I track my caloric intake with the MyFitnessPal app and have only gone over my limit a couple of days in the last few weeks. So with doing all this stuff significantly better than I used to, and having been faithful to the workouts for so long, it's baffling that I would gas out (get out of breath) so quickly in my workouts. I feel out of breath about 5-10 minutes in and while I'm able to soldier through the rest of the hour, I'm annoyed that my breath isn't kept for longer. The workout space is in a warehouse that doesn't have air conditioning or an industrial-strength fan (save for 1 glorious day last Friday), so it's basically 110 degrees in there. Could my problem be primarily due to the heat being so bad or is there something else I can do to improve my cardio more quickly?
    Last edited by Somewhat Damaged; 07-13-2012 at 02:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    "Soon they'll hear my words," he thought, "and they will know that roboto's side-splitting reign of ha-has has begun."

I just started Insanity. So far I've been sore everyday and it's kicking my ass, but I like it. I have a couple friends who've done it and their results were incredible. I've also started biking more.

I'm hoping to get into better shape than I was when I was playing soccer. I can already see and feel the improvements; I'm not as tired all the time and my body just feels better.

Also to anyone who is looking to get healthier, stop drinking soda. Dropping soda from your diet really is crucial to becoming healthy.
    Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Coachella will come out of the closet announcing it's gay. Most will applaud it while some will sell their passes.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post
    Could my problem be primarily due to the heat being so bad or is there something else I can do to improve my cardio more quickly?
    The heat is definitely a factor, but maybe you need to work on your breathing too.

Quote Originally Posted by euphonicfiend View Post
    So I have given up on an weight training or sculpting. When I was at my happiest weight I only did cardio and that seemed to help me burn fat like a crazy machine. So I am going for what works. I do Pilates 3 times a week so I figure that should be fine for sculpting and core. I am gonna be doing a lot of HIIT cardio workouts - Has anyone tried this and had any success? My first go at it was truly amazing, curious if anyone else has tried it?
    Yes, some of us have written about the success we've experienced with HIIT on this thread. I dropped about 40 in the last year doing a combination of weights, core exercises, diet and HIIT. I want to drop another 20. The losses have slowed considerably, but are still trending in the right direction. I only started really losing after I replaced most of my "regular" cardio with HIIT. I highly recommend this HIIT mp3 system which uses musical tracks to guide you through a variety of different interval sets. You can also mix and match the mp3s to create your own custom workout if you go grow tired of the regular 30/30, 30/60, 30/90, 60/60, 60/90 etc workouts. I don't know how people do it without this. Using a stopwatch or constantly watching the clock would not work for me.

A couple of things I've found very useful with HIIT (and which I've read about others doing it, so you're not just hearing this from some big boned South Asian on the internet):

Plenty of sleep. This is an obvious one regardless of your workout, I know. But I've always had poor sleeping habits and was able to make it through "regular" workouts just fine. However, if I don't get a full 7-8 hours of restful sleep the prior night, my HIIT workouts are pretty unbearable the next day. Beyond the energy level, your legs (which will take a beating) haven't had enough time to rest.

Eating something 30-40 mins before your HIIT workout. Again, this is not something unique to HIIT, but I preferred working out on an empty stomach and found that I could get through my workouts just fine that way. Not so with HIIT. If I don't have something 30-40 before my HIIT workout, I feel it and I drag. Bananas work best for me in that regard, but you'll have to figure out what works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by MoSetsfire View Post

I've been on my grind

Monday - shoulders
    Tues- back
    Wed abs/calves.cardio
    Thurs - chest arms
    Fri Legs.

Congrats, Mo! That's awesome.

Anyone on here had knee problems? I’ve been doing HIIT for the last year or so and haven’t injured myself until now. I’ve had a couple of strain injuries, but they were related to weight lifting. Since last week my left knee has been acting up. No sharp or acute pain, but rather a dull but persistent ache. I’ve taken a week off from working out, but I’m feeling like a fatty now and really want to get back in the game. It doesn’t hurt to bend my knee or to move my legs in any particular direction. And the (very dull and small pain) is more like discomfort. This is not terribly scientific, but the knee also feels somewhat… heavy and “full”. It’s not that I’m in so much pain, it’s that I’m worried about doing damage, so I’m being extra cautious. The pain is consistent, but not constant. Meaning that throughout the day, at random times I’ll notice the dull ache, but it also disappears randomly.

I split my HIIT worksouts between elliptical, cross ramps and running on a track. I have proper support from good athletic shoes. I eat a lean protein, low carb diet with about 5 small meals throughout the day. I drink plenty of water. I’m making sure I get at least 8 hours of rest. I take daily supplements including glucosamine chondroitin, calcium, potassium, multi-vitamin, fish oil.

The pain, when felt, seems to radiate from two spots: 1 – directly below the left knee cap and 2 – the spot directly to the right of the left-hand knee cap.

I suppose there’s no right answer, but since I can’t get in to see my doctor for the next three weeks, I figured I’d see what you guys have experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by RageAgainstTheAoki View Post
    Anyone on here had knee problems? I’ve been doing HIIT for the last year or so and haven’t injured myself until now. I’ve had a couple of strain injuries, but they were related to weight lifting. Since last week my left knee has been acting up. No sharp or acute pain, but rather a dull but persistent ache. I’ve taken a week off from working out, but I’m feeling like a fatty now and really want to get back in the game. It doesn’t hurt to bend my knee or to move my legs in any particular direction. And the (very dull and small pain) is more like discomfort. This is not terribly scientific, but the knee also feels somewhat… heavy and “full”. It’s not that I’m in so much pain, it’s that I’m worried about doing damage, so I’m being extra cautious. The pain is consistent, but not constant. Meaning that throughout the day, at random times I’ll notice the dull ache, but it also disappears randomly.

I split my HIIT worksouts between elliptical, cross ramps and running on a track. I have proper support from good athletic shoes. I eat a lean protein, low carb diet with about 5 small meals throughout the day. I drink plenty of water. I’m making sure I get at least 8 hours of rest. I take daily supplements including glucosamine chondroitin, calcium, potassium, multi-vitamin, fish oil.

The pain, when felt, seems to radiate from two spots: 1 – directly below the left knee cap and 2 – the spot directly to the right of the left-hand knee cap.

I suppose there’s no right answer, but since I can’t get in to see my doctor for the next three weeks, I figured I’d see what you guys have experienced.
    I'm not a physician or have any real knowledge about knee injuries, however, I'll just say, trust your instincts. I had a knee injury when I was a kid (torn ligament or something), and although it's fully healed, sometimes my knee does become a little sore. The same thing with my ankle that I broke awhile back. I can usually just power through both of those things, knowing that there isn't anything wrong, and the pain leaves during the workout, and eventually altogether after about a week or so.

You know your body better than we do, and in lieu of a doctor (since you can't get in to see them), I recommend just doing what you think you can handle.

Did you do something to cause this pain? For instance, tweak it, or come down flat footed and jamming the knee?
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Women just obviously can't write creative music. They're all ripping off the Beatles, who were men. Duh.

No. Nothing new. No new form or workout. Just, last Wednesday, about half way through my workout my left leg felt a little weaker than my right. By the time I got off the elliptical I had a fair amount of pain in the left knee and left ankle. The 1.5 mile walk home was a bit painful. The ankle pain went away in an hour or so and hasn't resurfaced. The knee pain became dull, but has remained. The general feeling of "heaviness" in the left knee has remained as well.

I guess this is the trouble with repetitive motion. And, yeah, you're right. Best thing to do is "listen" to the body and take it one step at a time, I guess.