Page 50 of 59 FirstFirst ... 4546474849505152535455 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,500 of 1759

Thread: Fitchella 2012 It's GO TIME!

Default Re: Fitchella 2012 It's GO TIME!

Quote Originally Posted by brogore View Post

has anybody taken this supplement yet?? just arrived at my doorstep and Iam anxious to hear if anybody else has used this yet

Why yes I did. Last year. And I can attest that the label is accurate. It certainly is "powerful". I definitely felt the impact when working out. It also made my pulse race at an alarming rate and gave me severe chest pain. It was great. On a related note, would anyone like to purchase a 3/4 full container of N.O.-Xplode?

Quote Originally Posted by NachoCat View Post
    Can someone explain to me why I crave triple bypass bacon burgers when im hungover.
    it's because it's a comfort food which...comforts you. Not exactly a placebo effect, but more like eating something you like to distract you from your discomfort.
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdtram View Post
    if you can't pull off getting drugs into a festival and consuming them, you don't deserve them.
    Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post
    Wait. You like Cudi but you think Outkast is a one hit wonder.

Somebody shoot this fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Cameron, alternatively, you could just shut the fuck up every now and then. Have you met amyzzz?
    If I were a man I'd tell you I want to have zex.
    We would burn calories.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

I'm drinking a health shake instead of eating a greasy lunch. Also, believe it not, I am not drinking this weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    Bikes should be yellow, weight benches red. This will maximize calorie burn.
    Funny that those are the colors most fast food chains and manufacturers use to provoke hunger.
    Red and yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    I'm drinking a health shake instead of eating a greasy lunch. Also, believe it not, I am not drinking this weekend.
    Or not...
    I don't believe you. Fucking drunk.

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LetThereBeLight View Post

However, I came in here to ask for breakfast advice.
    No problem, let me find a picture of a toaster and a skillet.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by LetThereBeLight View Post
    Lol. You guys are funny. This has been entertaining.

However, I came in here to ask for breakfast advice. I have a really hard time getting up early enough to eat before I run to work. I know I need to eat breakfast but I go a lot of days with nothing more than the fiber stuff I drink. Is there a protein bar or something I could take on the go that is good for you? I have heard that a lot of them are just full of sugar or otherwise unhelpful but I don't really know. Thanks
    1 serving each of Frozen Berries from Trader Joes + 1 Banana + Protein Whey (Vanilla) + 1 cup of milk, blend, drink. Good amount of calories, and is super quick to make.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Women just obviously can't write creative music. They're all ripping off the Beatles, who were men. Duh.

Quote Originally Posted by Newro7ic View Post
    1 serving each of Frozen Berries from Trader Joes + 1 Banana + Protein Whey (Vanilla), blend, drink. Good amount of calories, and is super quick to make.
    that sounds pretty delicious. do you use Ice in it too?
    if you can't pull off getting drugs into a festival and consuming them, you don't deserve them.

Quote Originally Posted by MoSetsfire View Post
    that sounds pretty delicious. do you use Ice in it too?
    You quoted before I could edit it, but I use milk as well (2%). The berries are frozen, so they make the smoothie thick. It's quite delicious.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Women just obviously can't write creative music. They're all ripping off the Beatles, who were men. Duh.

romanticizer

I'm restarting my official diet and work out plan tomorrow. Any smoothie and/or vegetarian recipes welcome.

You quoted before I could edit it, but I use milk as well (2%). The berries are frozen, so they make the smoothie thick. It's quite delicious.
    my bad. I'm sitting on a conference call. (which secretly means i'm just trolling the boards and listening for my name)

Can someone explain to me why I crave triple bypass bacon burgers when im hungover.
    You're really just craving salt. When you're hungover you're dehydrated and bacon burgers have a lot of salt and salt makes you retain more water.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

I lost a pant size but gained 2 pounds and haven't been lifting. Hmmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    I lost a pant size but gained 2 pounds and haven't been lifting. Hmmmm...
    Has your water intake gone up?

Has your water intake gone up?
    No, it's stayed the same. I drink a half-gallon to a gallon each day.

You guys are so awesome and helpful. I really appreciate it

The "Pure Protein" brand is pretty good. I eat 2-3 day between meals. I will caution you however, protein bars are good when you cant make a meal, but they aren't meal replacements. It would still be much more beneficial for you to eat a real breakfast when you can.

I do 6-8 egg whites and oatmeal with 2 glasses of water.
    Yay! I actually really like those. My problem is I never eat breakfast so I'm not hungry in the morning. I'm hoping if I take a bar with me and eat it on the way for a couple days, I'll develop hunger in the morning. Does that make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    I try to eat a banana on the go in the morning.
    Hmm. I haven't even tried a banana recently because I hated them when I was younger. Maybe I'll give them another shot because that would be super easy.

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    for me, it's not a super healthy choice, but i like to bake muffins & scones to take with me and eat on the way to work. i also drink a little bit of milk since i can't drink much else. the muffins i bake are using the joy of cooking. i actually entered them into myfitnesspal last night, and one blueberry muffin was only 143 calories. if you don't like to bake, they sell tiny scones at whole foods that i think are pretty good. i don't really enjoy any sort of bar breakfast. i also find cooking my food helps me eat less.

and today is my first day back on myfitnesspal. man, everything adds up fast! i was surprised at the caloric content of milk. i think it will take me some work to stay under 1200 calories, but i know that keeping track will help me do that. i'm ready to lose more weight!
    I love to bake but I'm not very good at it. Maybe I'll try that though...
    I've been using myfitnesspal for the past ten days or so and I love it! It's really helpful in figuring out what I should stay away from. Haha.

1 serving each of Frozen Berries from Trader Joes + 1 Banana + Protein Whey (Vanilla) + 1 cup of milk, blend, drink. Good amount of calories, and is super quick to make.
    That sounds pretty good, and easy to make. Thanks!

Thanks everyone

The murder capital where we murder for capital

I have been hiding from this thread intentionally for quite a while. I would first like to welcome all the new participants and it's pretty great to see a spike in traffic in this thread leading up to Coachella. I hope many of you remain enthusiastic about your health and fitness beyond. For me it remains a constant struggle. Which is ok, because I like a challenge and as i've said all along this is forever so lapses are only temporary. I am done with excuses for now. I have moved to downtown Phoenix and I just got over being sick for the last week.

My new location is surrounded by activity. Yesterday I purchased a 1 year city park membership for $10 which allows you to use their courts and equipment. I live a half mile from Encanto Park in Phoenix which is very large. I played basketball with my son for over and hour yesterday and I felt really good. I don't know why either because before I got sick my back pain came back and I was getting annoyed. The only thing I can think of is I lost a good 5 pounds while I was sick and i'm at some threshold. Today I decided to test fill up my backpack and ride to my office and then around downtown Phoenix a bit. Work is 1.5 miles away and I got there in under 10 minutes at a normal biking pace. I cruised around the neighborhood a bit and then back home so I probably biked about 4+ miles. A new bike seat seems to have made all the difference in the world too. An uncomfortable seat will make anyone not want to ride a bike. I was reading walmart reviews and found one with multiple 300 lb. plus folks raving about this seat and how it's the only comfortable seat they have ever used, i'm not quite 300 but they were right, it's perfect.

One of the reasons I moved into the new place was so I can encourage myself to continue living an active lifestyle. I plan on biking to and from work every day. This will be a minimum of 3 miles. On top of that I would like to bike to the park and shoot hoops after work several days a week. I'm also buying food again. For the past month I was eating tons of fast food and buffets. I no longer live across the street from a buffet so that's going to make a huge impact as well. I live across the street from a boxing gym and a small neighborhood market which also brings some great character to this neighborhood plus I have no excuse to eat fast food when a market is so close. In fact I would have to make an effort to drive to a fast food joint, so it's not happening.

I'm a little late starting fitness in 2012 but i'm back and i'm excited about living this new way.

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    I have been hiding from this thread intentionally for quite a while. I would first like to welcome all the new participants and it's pretty great to see a spike in traffic in this thread leading up to Coachella. I hope many of you remain enthusiastic about your health and fitness beyond. For me it remains a constant struggle. Which is ok, because I like a challenge and as i've said all along this is forever so lapses are only temporary. I am done with excuses for now. I have moved to downtown Phoenix and I just got over being sick for the last week.

My new location is surrounded by activity. Yesterday I purchased a 1 year city park membership for $10 which allows you to use their courts and equipment. I live a half mile from Encanto Park in Phoenix which is very large. I played basketball with my son for over and hour yesterday and I felt really good. I don't know why either because before I got sick my back pain came back and I was getting annoyed. The only thing I can think of is I lost a good 5 pounds while I was sick and i'm at some threshold. Today I decided to test fill up my backpack and ride to my office and then around downtown Phoenix a bit. Work is 1.5 miles away and I got there in under 10 minutes at a normal biking pace. I cruised around the neighborhood a bit and then back home so I probably biked about 4+ miles. A new bike seat seems to have made all the difference in the world too. An uncomfortable seat will make anyone not want to ride a bike. I was reading walmart reviews and found one with multiple 300 lb. plus folks raving about this seat and how it's the only comfortable seat they have ever used, i'm not quite 300 but they were right, it's perfect.

One of the reasons I moved into the new place was so I can encourage myself to continue living an active lifestyle. I plan on biking to and from work every day. This will be a minimum of 3 miles. On top of that I would like to bike to the park and shoot hoops after work several days a week. I'm also buying food again. For the past month I was eating tons of fast food and buffets. I no longer live across the street from a buffet so that's going to make a huge impact as well. I live across the street from a boxing gym and a small neighborhood market which also brings some great character to this neighborhood plus I have no excuse to eat fast food when a market is so close. In fact I would have to make an effort to drive to a fast food joint, so it's not happening.

I'm a little late starting fitness in 2012 but i'm back and i'm excited about living this new way.

Its good to see youre making a lifestyle change. A lot of people don't understand that and try weird binge diets and what not. If you havent started already, I would start taking vitamins as well.

I take these: http://www.amazon.com/Controlled-Lab.../dp/B00104I5TS. These vitamins also have glutamine and glucosamine in them which will help with lactic acid buildup and soreness.

As for food and water. I would start off by recommending you eat 4-6 smaller meals a day rather than 1-2 big ones. Water is esp important. Humans carry a lot more excess water weight than they realize. I recently switched to distilled water, but I aim for 2 gallons a day.

Its always great to see people owning their health. Good luck!

You aim for two gallons of water a day? I've always stuck to the half your weight in ounces rule and I have a tough time getting to that. I say this as someone who loves water and drinks pretty much nothing but water every single day.

I rode my bike to work today. Even though it's nice and cool in the mornings still, that short ride still causes me to sweat a little. I'll definitely have my backpack prepared for summer with a shirt, deodorant and a towel. Today I plan on riding home, walking the dog and then biking ot the park to shoot baskets for an hour or two. I think the court is lighted until around 9:30PM too which is great. I also don't need to bring a basketball as they have them available at the park.

Today I had a bagel and a banana for breakfast. Lunch is a cafe steamer and dinner will likely be some lean beef tacos after basketball.

You aim for two gallons of water a day? I've always stuck to the half your weight in ounces rule and I have a tough time getting to that. I say this as someone who loves water and drinks pretty much nothing but water every single day.

I rode my bike to work today. Even though it's nice and cool in the mornings still, that short ride still causes me to sweat a little. I'll definitely have my backpack prepared for summer with a shirt, deodorant and a towel. Today I plan on riding home, walking the dog and then biking ot the park to shoot baskets for an hour or two. I think the court is lighted until around 9:30PM too which is great. I also don't need to bring a basketball as they have them available at the park.

Today I had a bagel and a banana for breakfast. Lunch is a cafe steamer and dinner will likely be some lean beef tacos after basketball.

I stay away from bagels and cream cheeses. My breakfast is 6-8 egg whitesa half cup of plain oatmeal and a fruit of some sort. I also love to snack on tomatoes throughout the day.

And yes 2 gallons of distilled water per day. This flushes sodium from your body and allows you to drop water weight from your gut.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

way to go, faxy! i also agree though that bagels are not great for you. but still, i am the type of person who picks and chooses what is good for me when i eat lol. for example i have a bunch of bomb-ass tortillas and will be making a lot of bean burros the next few days.

i haven't been exercising as much as i'd like, though i've still been walking at least 20 minutes every day. i'm also in a lot of pain, so i have an excuse. i just wish i would eat less. i'm not really losing weight anymore and gained back a few pounds that i lost. at least this weekend i'm not going out of town; that makes it rough.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

I stay away from bagels and cream cheeses.
    My bagel was plain. I had it with water and a banana. I rarely eat bread but when I do it's the first meal of the day.

My bagel was plain. I had it with water and a banana. I rarely eat bread but when I do it's the first meal of the day.
    that's fantastic. Do what you're comfortable doing BTW. I know a lot of people try to go gung ho right from the start and just end up burning out. My trainer always tells me "its a marathon, not a sprint."

Welcome back, Faxy! It sounds like the change of scenery will benefit you nicely.

In the meantime, I'll be signing up for 10 hot yoga classes. Time to sweat!
    Arctic Monkeys - 10.25.14 - Comerica Theater
    Coachella - 4.10.15 - 4.12.15 - Empire Polo Grounds

mm i'm a sucker for bagels & cream cheese. although when i really gotta have one, i usually try to make it a multigrain/everything bagel and put cream cheese on one half and peanut butter on the other. hey protein right?!

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

anyone on myfitnesspal want to be friends? chairmenmeow47. i'm back on the wagon today.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Anyone Crossfitting and doing the open workouts? What did you get for 12.1? I got 93 and was pretty proud of myself, but here's a guy who got 161: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SITA...&feature=share. Fucking incredible.

For those who don't know, Crossfit Open is basically a set of workouts that determine the people to go to the Crossfit Games. The first workout was as many burpees as possible touching a pole 6 inches above you in seven minutes. Try it! Not easy.

I crave Boston Pizza's Jambalaya Fettucine baked with cheese. I order it for delivery around noon, and it's the only thing I eat all day and just drink a ton of water. It always makes me feel better.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

And yes 2 gallons of distilled water per day. This flushes sodium from your body and allows you to drop water weight from your gut.
    You must spend at least fifteen minutes a day pissing. I can get annoyed having to pee all the time.

I rarely eat bread but when I do it's the first meal of the day.
    The most interesting carbs in the world!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Will somebody trade their bow ticket for my stern ticket? I have this thing where I get seasick if I'm on the wrong side of the engine room, and it works better with my schedule to be on the front end of the changing time zone.