Page 45 of 59 FirstFirst ... 4041424344454647484950 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1759

Thread: Fitchella 2012 It's GO TIME!

Default Re: Fitchella 2012 It's GO TIME!

Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    Results:
    According to your height of 5' 6" your ideal healthy weight is 139 pounds. Your recommended weight range is between 123 and 154 pounds.
    Thanks for pointing that out. I was going to say that 150 lbs doesn't sound bad for someone who is 5'6". IMO, 'ideal' weight and BMI are a bit useless for women, it very much depends on your figure type and how you carry weight. We've all known skinny women who can't walk a few blocks without being out of breathe. (And I've at many points in my life been a grossly obese chick - by BMI standards - who can run 10 miles and feel great).

It's much better to focus on fitness than the scale... from that you described, LetThereBeLight, you're out of shape and the allergy/breathing problems have prevented you from doing cardio. I think if you work on that, start easy, work up to more intense workouts, you'll see a positive outcome both in how you feel and how your body looks.

As for losing 20 lbs, it's possible, but something to keep in mind is that losing a lot of weight quickly by exercising intensely or really restricting your food intake... once you stop doing that, you will gain the weight back. It's far healthier to set goals you can stick to, even if that means losing weight more slowly. 1-2 lbs a week is the max you're "supposed" to aim for. It may be that lose more than that, once you start working out too, but make sure you're not setting up a standard that is unhealthy or that you will not be able to stick to long term.
    Last edited by chiapet; 02-09-2012 at 08:08 AM.

I jog to keep fit. Last year was my first year at Coachella. After I got back, I started having wheezing/breathing problems about 15 minutes into my running. My doctor said it was bronchospasms and gave me an inhaler. It has really helped.

Would the desert climate have caused this? Will this eventually get better and I won't have to use an inhaler anymore?
    We're here to play some Mississippi Delta Blues. We're in a horrible depression, and I gotta admit - we're starting to like it.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

i'm 5'6" and a 1/4. my doctor says the quarter makes a difference with BMI. i don't care about my BMI. but i do know that me at 139 pounds is scary. i lost a shitload of weight when my ex cheated on me and we broke up. my aunt thought i had an eating disorder; i looked gross. i think it depends on your body type. i look a lot better around 150.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

That's what I meant about women's builds. I feel like there are a lot of variables. Per BMI charts, I should weigh like 140 or less, I think? I wear size 2 in pants at 140 lbs. I surely don't need to be that thin.

Girls who try and lose too much weight at once always end up hurting their boobs. Every time a pair of tits goes bad the terrorists win.
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdtram View Post
    if you can't pull off getting drugs into a festival and consuming them, you don't deserve them.
    Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post
    Wait. You like Cudi but you think Outkast is a one hit wonder.

Somebody shoot this fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by LetThereBeLight View Post
    I want to buy some weights when I can. Are they expensive?
    Cutting out sugar is the hardest part for me I love sweets more than any other food. I confess to having five boxes of girl scout cookies in my kitchen right now. BUT I am only eating a few a day which is way better than I have ever done. Haha. The other problem I have is turning down the delicious food my boss gives or makes (spoiled I know) me for lunch every day at work. It's so hard because she is such a good cook and she doesn't like it if I don't eat much. Not a good excuse, I know, but that's one of the things I need to work on. I can do the fiber part! I have some already so I'll definitely start taking it.
    it would prbly be more efficient both in economic and time regards to join a gym. places like planet fitness or Crunch are offering up fairly good deals right now. also we're past the new years demand so a downpayment for a more cardio focused gym shouldn't be that much.

it's really the unnecessary high fructose corn syrup or simple sugars you need to guy out immediately if you want to start dropping weight. i understand that's tough, i mean half of getting back into shape is mental. your body can only hold so many sugars/carbs at any one time, i think your lean muscles can store around maybe 20 grams and your liver a bit more (not exact, ballparking it). once those limits are reached, which is easy, your body IMMEDIATELY turns any extra simple sugars immediately into fat.

it's interesting, it seems like there's a growing movement in the science/medical community to have serious discussions on the dangers of high amounts of sugar on a human being. some people are going so far to have sugar labeled as toxic to some extent:
    http://news.yahoo.com/sugar-regulate...180605186.html

you do need some carbs if you're working out a few days a week, but they need to be complex and taken earlier in the day than later. for your situation i would cut any simple sugars out completely. also with the weight lifting if you do begin start with LIGHT WEIGHTS, especially if you're lifting anything withOUT a spotter. it may be a solid idea to grab a trainer a few times a month. also (i forget if you mentioned you really can't do a lot of cardio). Cardio a few times a week FOR AT LEAST 40 mins will do a lot of good for you. Unfortunately any non-athlete really doesn't start "burning calories" until after about 30-40 mins into a cardio session. i'm not saying you have run on a treadmill, but may try out the stairclimber or the elliptical for 40 mins at a pace you feel IS BEST FOR YOU.

the worst thing you can do is push your body to its limits the first few times working out. getting into shape TAKES TIME, there are really ZERO short-cuts. and STAY AWAY from the thermogenics/fat burners. i really believe that not enough long term studies have been done on them to really parce out the true negative effects they have a persons body (liver, kidneys, etc...) in the long run.

from my experience - i'm 6'5" and the most i can loose in a months time, while remaining healthy, is around 10-12 lbs (12 lbs is really pushing it). i dropped 80 lbs in about 6-7 months a couple years ago and just dropped 20 in the last 2 months.

ALSO - sorry i gotta run. The worst thing you can do it skip meals - remember to eat and keep your calorie intake close, but maybe not over 2000 calories per day. no shortcuts remember
    Last edited by Cameron Frye; 02-09-2012 at 11:41 AM.
    mja: "i would make a great effeminate hick-accented puppet"

Terrorists...sucking the fun out of titays

i think everyone is different with gyms. me personally, i can't stand the gym. i'm a cheap and lazy mother fucker. if i have to drive to work out every day, it ain't happening. i also don't have the time. instead i work in a workout whenever time allows. walking gives me the freedom to do that. plus i walk fast and see the results i want. it's not a complete strength training type of workout, but it works for me.

for me, i'd try to work out on my own to see what i like, and then graduate to a gym if i am not getting the results i want. for some people though, spending the money forces them to work out, so it depends on the person.

I do all my exercise in a 7ft sq area. Just enough room to do push ups, sit ups , pull up bar in doorway and resistance bands.

No weights, no miles , no gyms...

I'll post before and after pictures. Seriously working great. My reps and stamIna have doubled and I'm losing weight without even trying.
    Went from 165 to 158 in 20 days. P90x is not a joke. I'm going to do it again and be more serious because I have already taken time off to let this tattoo work heal. I'll be back at it Monday and hopefully won't have another break. Day 90 is April 13

Goats cant do pushups. They aint got no dukes

I work with a trainer. its killer every time. I mainly do it though for safety reasons. I feel more comfortable having some one make sure i dont kill myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdtram View Post
    if you can't pull off getting drugs into a festival and consuming them, you don't deserve them.
    Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post
    Wait. You like Cudi but you think Outkast is a one hit wonder.

Somebody shoot this fuck.

I'm like I got no fckin dukes.

Quote Originally Posted by MoSetsfire View Post
    I work with a trainer. its killer every time. I mainly do it though for safety reasons. I feel more comfortable having some one make sure i dont kill myself.
    I was serious about the gym growing up and have many trainers as friends. Form and breathing are very very important.
    I think someone pushing you and working out with someone stronger is the best.
    I know tons of routines. I know technique, but having someone (a trainer or instructional DVD) really helps. The amount of reps I do and the pace I do keeping up with the p90x is far more work than I ever have or ever will push myself to do.
    At first I couldnt keep up and I couldn't do the full excersises. They have cheats though and after the first week I was doing the full exercises and after the third week I was doing the same amount of reps and doing harder techniques instead of cheats, upping my reps and bands, pushing harder, better form and more sweat...which lead to more water.
    Also the gnc men's multi vitamin I'm taking makes me feel like I drank two cups of coffee and put on a sweater.

I'm hot and anxious to get loose and bang out sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    I'm like I got no fckin dukes.
    that single track from that album is comedic genius

his overall career...far from it unfortunately

True...but he is involved in so many things and behind so many things. Stupid money

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i think everyone is different with gyms. me personally, i can't stand the gym. i'm a cheap and lazy mother fucker. if i have to drive to work out every day, it ain't happening. i also don't have the time. instead i work in a workout whenever time allows. walking gives me the freedom to do that. plus i walk fast and see the results i want. it's not a complete strength training type of workout, but it works for me.

for me, i'd try to work out on my own to see what i like, and then graduate to a gym if i am not getting the results i want. for some people though, spending the money forces them to work out, so it depends on the person.
    Do you still hoop?? Such a a great cardio workout without having to go to the gym or run. Anyways I was just curious
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Music is a safe kind of high" - Jimi Hendrix
    “Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby

Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    That's what I meant about women's builds. I feel like there are a lot of variables. Per BMI charts, I should weigh like 140 or less, I think? I wear size 2 in pants at 140 lbs. I surely don't need to be that thin.
    My happy weight is 130 - with that I'm in size 4 or 6 pair of jeans. I'm curvier set and have a muscular build so I'm happy with that and feel healthy but according to BMI, for my height ( 4'11" )at that weight I'm obese. Come AAAAHN. BMI can suck it.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by euphonicfiend View Post
    Do you still hoop?? Such a a great cardio workout without having to go to the gym or run. Anyways I was just curious
    i do not as frequently though since i'm still recovering and my pain is located right where i hoop. but i did learn a few new tricks recently. i have a few hooper friends that are leaps & bounds better than me. though my girlfriend stopped teaching me tricks since i picked them all up on the second try LOL. she doesn't want me to get better.

and if anyone is looking for really cool LED hoops, try www.astralhoops.com. two people make them. one is an engineer, the other is the most badass hooper i've ever seen.

and today we got our third person on the daily walks! i'm starting a trend

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    and if anyone is looking for really cool LED hoops, try www.astralhoops.com. two people make them. one is an engineer, the other is the most badass hooper i've ever seen.
    WOW those are gorgeous! I just spent around the same on 3 new LEDs from Moodhoops.com they are very reasonable in price and beautiful. I wanted 2 hoops to do some twin hooping & ended buying 3.. I have an addiction. Anyways those hoops are like nothing I have ever seen and cost the same as my first LED which is no where as near amazing as the astralhoops (I also purchased my 1st LED before there was a bigger market for them) But now there are soo many options.. this is bad for my wallet.
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Music is a safe kind of high" - Jimi Hendrix
    “Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby

hahaha, i bet! they look so cool. my friend gordon takes a lot of the photos for astral hoops. i may have to buy one to motivate myself to get better at dancing with it. for whatever reason i can dance normally, but have trouble with the hoop.

I have been semi dieting for week, and already I've lost 4 pounds!
    Now while I am happy with what I'm doing now, I wonder what the results would be if I threw Lipozene into the mix. Can anyone weigh on the safety/danger issues with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)

Quote Originally Posted by nyarlathotoats View Post
    I have been semi dieting for week, and already I've lost 4 pounds!
    Now while I am happy with what I'm doing now, I wonder what the results would be if I threw Lipozene into the mix. Can anyone weigh on the safety/danger issues with it?
    looks all natural, high in b vitamins to "boost your metabolism"

reviews weren't positive
    http://www.dietresearch.com/diet-reviews/lipozene/

I did my very first strict pullup today (I've been able to do kipping pullups for awhile now). Only took a year and a half.

Quote Originally Posted by mmsk123 View Post
    I did my very first strict pullup today (I've been able to do kipping pullups for awhile now). Only took a year and a half.
    straight pullups, chinups, and dips all take a while to do correctly, helps if you're loosing weight too

congrats on that, those type of exercises are a very solid test of how strong someone really is in relation to their body size

Goddamn I haven't worked out in two months and I'm still at my plateau weight of 138-140. I've been eating shit lately. However, between that time I've been hiking, going to the beach, and playing ball. Fast metabolism ftw as well. Gonna start my workout and diet regimen starting tomorrow, which starts the two-month countdown until Coachella!

how old are you?

yea you can still get away with eating shit alright. good for you

It was around age 20 / 21 where I ballooned up from 165 to 225. You think you can get away with eating like crap and sitting on your ass all day, but eventually it will catch up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    It was around age 20 / 21 where I ballooned up from 165 to 225. You think you can get away with eating like crap and sitting on your ass all day, but eventually it will catch up to you.
    wow, yea i guess if you're knocking back pizza or chalupas for every meal. i think it's just a tad easier taking it off when you're in your early 20s compared to late. i was 28 when i went from 225 to 280, that took a while to get off

mmm chalupas