Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Post one (AND ONLY ONE) picture of your favorite coachella moment

Default Re: Post one (AND ONLY ONE) picture of your favorite coachella moment

First Year, 2007...One of my best friends Vince, my gf Amy, and I in the towel. Many glorious first year memories

changing mine as i was just looking through some old pics. was heading back from dinner in 2009 on thursday night and decided to stop by the polo fields to see what was going on. pulled into the artist lot backstage and got out of my car, listening for who was soundchecking. all of a sudden i heard a familiar british accent and my knees began to give out. threw on my wristband(thank god i had it in my car!) and ran as fast as i could with 1 lung, haha. walked onto a field with maybe 50 people on it and enjoyed what was basically a private performance by paul mccartney. saw 7 or 8 songs and he jokingly thanked us in the crowd after each song. was even more amazing to hear the crowd roaring from the campgrounds like an incoming tidal wave. my friend who runs the fest rode up on his bike at one point and all i could do was nod to him, speechless. something drew me to the grounds that night and what i got was THE most special moment i have witnessed on those hallowed fields.

all i have is a few crappy cell phone pics i took:

Last edited by JustSteve; 01-28-2012 at 10:29 PM.

They OWNED that stage.

Packing my little wide angle toy camera was an afterthought, but I'm so glad I did. I got a ton of hazy, washed out and beautiful photos.

Also because I can't read here's another one.

Rage

This was taken with a disposable camera at the foot of the stage. I threw up immediately afterwards.

Last edited by mrdude5699; 03-31-2012 at 12:13 AM.

THE CHEMICAL.jpg

THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS ALL THE WAY BUDDY

230041_151615531570804_100001670757629_298609_3367674_n.jpg/Users/motoworldracr125/Desktop/230041_151615531570804_100001670757629_298609_3367 674_n.

picture of my girlfriend from last year

Quote Originally Posted by mrdude5699 View Post
    Rage

This was taken with a disposable camera at the foot of the stage. I threw up immediately afterwards.

vomit is essential
    '03, '04, '05, '06, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13...
    ...#10 is gonna be grand in 2014

Coming home from my first Coachella in 2010!
    Coachillin 10, 11, 12.1, 13.1, 14.1

Quote Originally Posted by nacci View Post
    Motorhead (medium) - The name of the band is a head that is also a machine...anyone else know a group who have machine heads?
    Quote Originally Posted by timothyhockley View Post
    does goldenvoice read these posts to decide who to book?

I love that pic man, and 2010 was my first as well.

Great photo and nice Van.

Dope pic Jiggy..
    2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012: II, 2013: I, 2014: I

Sweet picture, Brad

Being able to come home to my daughter and play in the pool in the morning before heading back was awesome. I look forward to when we can do it again, but for now my husband and I are enjoying our time on our own. Izzy!

Sunday night Campgrounds. Girls howling @ the moon with glow in her mouth. Guy on bus is in a Little Mermaid Cape and was rallying a flag around. Just wish I was in it as I am also fairly rediculous looking. This defines everything that is great about camping to me.
    Attached Images Attached Images

^^^ anarchy at its finest
    G-funk acquired, thank you Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by Theijuiel View Post
    Don't watch Conspiracy Theory while on mushrooms.
    You know a festival is in the process of dying when you start to see sports jerseys there....

Quote Originally Posted by apachedino View Post
    Sunday night Campgrounds. Girls howling @ the moon with glow in her mouth. Guy on bus is in a Little Mermaid Cape and was rallying a flag around. Just wish I was in it as I am also fairly rediculous looking. This defines everything that is great about camping to me.
    HAH! Excellent!

Those were our neighbors.... It was a funny scene at first, but less than amusing at five in the morning when they're still blasting shitty dub step remixes and yelling nonsense.
    Last edited by Iamwelting; 04-09-2012 at 05:10 PM.

You mean Gumby 2, right? Gumby is on the van waving a flag. There was another Gumby somewhere around there though. We partied with them for a while before getting distracted by some fine fellows in spring costumes and then being abducted by the Bangarang crews parachute party. I love camping.

First post in the forum! Walking into the festival grounds on friday of last year seeing the most epic main stage ever.

DSCN1025.jpg

fggrd.jpg

because i couldn't decide, i combined the two pictures into one.
    seeing monarchy was one of the best moments at coachella, but i was torn between that and the magnificent taste of spicy pie.
    can't wait to have a slice. ;D
    Weekend 2
    Blur / Passion Pit / Tegan & Sara / Stars / Purity Ring / Beardyman / Of Monsters and Men
    Postal Service / Hot Chip / New Order / TDCC / Franz Ferdinand / Violent Femmes / SMD / The 2 Bears
    Vampire Weekend / La Roux / Adrian Lux / Tanlines

('07-'13)

Lurker

.:FLICCHIC:.
    "Are we machines, 
obsolete alone 
with symbiotic self indulgence, and if we dig deep 
the circuitry burnt out bends 
into neurotic repetition....."
    -IAMX

photo.jpgphoto.jpg

Exactly how I felt at this moment in '09

Melting? or Hallucinating?

Yes

Sunday evening

Quote Originally Posted by theGold View Post
    I must have been standing RIGHT by you because I have this exact same picture
    same people in it and everything, including the guy holding up the camera!
    pretty crazy i got the same shot about the same time at a different angle..ha! sweet
    11.jpg

Lurker

535277_10150868831354913_514234912_11530166_712182237_n.jpg

Got somebody to snipe this pic of me + cute couple during Zeds Dead

Quote Originally Posted by eswaby View Post
    535277_10150868831354913_514234912_11530166_712182237_n.jpg

Got somebody to snipe this pic of me + cute couple during Zeds Dead
    This is priceless.
    Weekend 2
    Blur / Passion Pit / Tegan & Sara / Stars / Purity Ring / Beardyman / Of Monsters and Men
    Postal Service / Hot Chip / New Order / TDCC / Franz Ferdinand / Violent Femmes / SMD / The 2 Bears
    Vampire Weekend / La Roux / Adrian Lux / Tanlines

('07-'13)