Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Post one (AND ONLY ONE) picture of your favorite coachella moment

Default Re: Post one (AND ONLY ONE) picture of your favorite coachella moment

yay2.jpg
    This year was my first Coachella and it was one of the best if not the best weekend of my entire life, this picture perfectly summarizes what a good time I had that weekend and yes I had been looking for DeVito all day, just didn't expect to see him at the aquabats show.

This guy during Foals.

Where: the Mojave
    When: Sunday, 2007
    Who: VNV Nation

If you're like me, at the end of the third day of Coachella your ass is thoroughly kicked. The sanest portion of your brain that is left in one piece is screaming for you to find solace somewhere sprawled out on the grass where you can chill the hell out and let your bones recover while listening to one last band ease the end of the weekend into your ears.

Well screw that noise. We caught VNV Nation instead.

For those unfamiliar with the band, they are from Europe and require you to constantly move to their synthpop/EBM deliciousness.

Towards the end of their sweat-drenched set, lead vocalist Ronan Harris, bathed in blue light, paused during a song to make sure the crowd was still with him... and Mark Jackson took a break from beating the drums like they stole something to raise his arms in an effort to summon the crowd into screaming its collective breath out with all the volume we could muster. The receptive crowd obliged both of them. It was that moment when I took this picture.

With a flash the moment was gone, Ronan yelled for everyone to move and I dropped the camera back into my pocket so I could destroy what was left of the bottom of my feet and bounce around like an idiot. The crowd was into it, it seemed like it went from small to a decent size as the band kept going... other people were looking to get one last dance fix in too, I suppose.

And then all too soon, it was over. With our skin electric and gleaming in the light, we walked over to the main stage to catch the last of Rage, but our headliner that night was already done, and what was going on stage there seemed like child's play compared to what we were just through.

It's difficult to angrily mosh after you've been hopping around in Heaven for an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella Bound View Post
    "Ill see you on the Dark Side of the Moon".... the first year i went for the duration of the festival. The moment during that set i looked up at the sky and sighed... "I belong here, we all belong here"
    Beautiful sentiment, couldn't agree more.
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post

At this moment my relationship with music was flipped on its head.
    Who is this? Expand!

this is a photo i snapped on Saturday evening after Tame Impala

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MB IV CA View Post
    this is a photo i snapped on Saturday evening after Tame Impala

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    this is fucking beautiful
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    He looks like he's been trapped in his mom's basement eating bagel-bites and stressing over world of warcraft for the past twenty years...

if you post a picture can you tell us who it is please?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee Herman's Hermits View Post
    Melted my face off at Skrillex

i realize i'm about to post the cliché moment that everyone who went this year (especially us first-timers) wanted to avoid, but ask me if i give a fuck. i can't help it.

every time i see this man, i'm amazed. this time, he changed my life. it was the most intimate gathering of 80,000 people i've ever had the pleasure of being a part of.

Towards the end of a beautiful weekend, Sunday evening.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    haha...look at my brother's girl to the right of that big guy in the center...mouth wide open...

The Trentemoller sunset
    Last edited by Bus McRider; 06-05-2011 at 12:38 PM. Reason: resized image
    Quote Originally Posted by Timestretch View Post
    Plus 11 dollars is a lot for Mexicans.
    Quote Originally Posted by edbangme View Post
    Swedish House Mafia: two djs and a guy who speaks english
    Quote Originally Posted by bananahambone View Post
    I guess it's like me going to some Al Queda site and being like "Hey guys. don't ask me how I know, but Bin Laden isn't really dead" And all those terrorist dudes would be like "Hey fuck head, Daft Punk is still not playing Coachella"

I was okay with missing this year until I saw those spectacular sunsets on the YouTube stream...can only imagine how amazing they were in person.

here's mine:

The Dome, early Sunday morning of 2009 -
    after a night of Thievery Corporation, The Chemical Brothers, MSTRKRFT, camping party, and hitting the Dome till close. I made it through that night to see my only Coachella sunrise. On paper it seemed like it might be a relatively weak night of Coachella, but it ended up one of the best nights of my life. I turned around to snap this picture of the Dome as everyone was streaming out, with the moon and Venus looming above, and just stood there for a minute..perfect feeling at that moment.

the first time i went to coachella was sunday of 08. a friend called me and said they had an extra ticket (RIP single day tickets) so i immediately got in my car and drove about 100mph down the 10E and got there around 3PM completely by myself. i ran into various friends all day but was really enjoying running around frantically by myself most of the day (i still tell my girlfriend i need "alone time" and pull solo missions every year). during justice some random guy looked at me and goes "CROWD SURF?" so i say fuck it and take off. after a minute i was ripped out of the air so hard i thought it must've been security. alas it was one of my good friends who realized it was me so he grabbed me. we looked at each other, said no words, screamed, hugged, and then both started crowd surfing together, and our friend snapped this pic. quintessential coachella moment for me right here.

also, i don't have any pictures from orbital last year or the presets playing "my people" this year.

those are my feet in the air.
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    To be fair, the chromosomal differential between candy raver kids and drunken NASCAR cowboy-types are virtually indectable.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    mmblack = Paul Tollett

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

This is certainly on of them!
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Amanda Palmer was definitely one of my favorite 09 moments!

Great picture by the way!

Amanda Palmer needs to shave her armpits.

I got a faceful of that armpit hair. 'Twas salty

mmmmm salty pit sweat
    '03, '04, '05, '06, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13...
    ...#10 is gonna be grand in 2014

I took this Sunday of Coachella 2010. I was pretty worn out from the sun and was pissed off because my previous roll of film had popped out of my crappy camera. I sat down to watch Jónsi and as his angelic voice wrapped around me, I was as inspired as I ever had been to take pictures. I got up, danced like crazy and finished my roll.

This is a photo of the Do Lab with an accidental light leak.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Corgi Cadet View Post
    This is a photo of the Do Lab with an accidental light leak.
    Wow, that's awesome... does 14 14 have any special meaning to you?
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

Quote Originally Posted by Fourthisto View Post
    Wow, that's awesome... does 14 14 have any special meaning to you?
    Thank you! And no, the two "14's" were burned on to the film from the protective covering that also shows what picture you're on.

So I can't count .... cr****

Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Corgi Cadet View Post
    Thank you! And no, the two "14's" were burned on to the film from the protective covering that also shows what picture you're on.
    Ah, I see. Too cool.

And God said, "Let there be Coachella."

We started Coachella 2009, by getting our tickets stolen. We stupidly left them in the tent, in my bro's suitcase, and went off to check out the campground dj's. It was absolutely devastating when we got back and my brother said "no joke, my suitcase is stolen". After a long, sleepless night, I called ticketmaster in the morning and they were able to cancel our stolen tickets and reissue new tickets at the box office.

After all of the stress of Thursday night, we said "f*ck it" and camped out at the main stage for Paul McCartney. It was absolutely magical. Seeing Sir Paul play Blackbird front row was amazing, and it will go down as my favorite Coachella moment.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/laurief...7626533880918/
    Coachella 2011 photos and front row video of Kanye's amazing opening!

How long was the exposure time for this photo?
    Quote Originally Posted by Timestretch View Post
    Plus 11 dollars is a lot for Mexicans.
    Quote Originally Posted by edbangme View Post
    Swedish House Mafia: two djs and a guy who speaks english
    Quote Originally Posted by bananahambone View Post
    I guess it's like me going to some Al Queda site and being like "Hey guys. don't ask me how I know, but Bin Laden isn't really dead" And all those terrorist dudes would be like "Hey fuck head, Daft Punk is still not playing Coachella"

^^^Tooooo looooong, I can feeeel it
    '03, '04, '05, '06, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13...
    ...#10 is gonna be grand in 2014

Quote Originally Posted by PapaDill View Post
    ^^^Tooooo looooong, I can feeeel it
    Sounds like somebody did their homework.

This is mine: Was watching Phoenix(cause they're aight) waiting for Thom Yorke because I had a feeling Sly would fail, so we're sitting there and these people rolling hard on X in front of us start to get all excited when Phoenix starts playing and then soon one person starts doing X-treme Yoga doing handstand and other stuff, soon the whole group of people start doing X-treme yoga on X to Phoenix, hilarious!!!! No picture of this, but they did eventually start doing handstands ON TOP of each other like tantric yoga. Not my favorite memory(that goes to Paul McCartney) but definitely left me in stitches!!

Coachella 2012 part deux

Lurker

Prince in 2008