Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Post one (AND ONLY ONE) picture of your favorite coachella moment

Default Post one (AND ONLY ONE) picture of your favorite coachella moment

So I was browsing through my pictures of past coachellas, and I thought that it would be an interesting exercise if everyone posted their single favorite picture that they have taken of their favorite coachella moment.

This could create a interesting collage of everybody's favorite memories of our amazing festival.

Rules:
    you can post only one picture
    you can only post pictures that you have taken or pictures where you are the subject

lemme start:

I know I'll get some flack for this but it truly was my favorite coachella moment. up till this point, besides the prodigy and the chemical brothers, I really didn't listen to electronic music. this truly was a life changing moment.

one white light illuminates the robots at the opening of their set; no one knew what they had in store for us and how their stage show would evolve. much in the way that my love for electronic music has evolved, opening my ears to 100's of new songs and sounds.

Q0qOIyo.jpg

btw 100 posts
    Last edited by PapaDill; 03-14-2013 at 12:02 PM.
    '03, '04, '05, '06, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13...
    ...#10 is gonna be grand in 2014

Default Re: Post one (AND ONLY ONE) picture of your favorite coachella moment

Monday morning. Everyone was leaving and my festival partner (who I had never met before - I picked her up at the airport on the way in) found a wading pool that someone had left behind. We filled it with water, poured a couple cocktails and had a pool party. We were pretty much the last ones to leave that day. Awesome.

I don't take too many photos once in the festival so with my limited options I go with this one from Friday April 25th, 2008. My first day. It took practically 2 hours to get in with the traffic, but we finally parked at about 3:30, enough time to run in and catch the closing song by Battles and start my addiction to this festival. I also took the photo thinking it would help me remember where I parked later, but with all the excitement, I forgot what lot we parked in. Good memories.

Quote Originally Posted by dantoro View Post
    Funny...this was also going to be my favorite Coachella picture.
    Quote Originally Posted by anadin View Post
    Whatevs message boards are gay

I often forget to take pictures when inside the fest, but this was my favorite from this year.

e a t s l e e p w o r k c o a c h e l l a

People post your pics as there's so much missed by all of us!
    Attached Images Attached Images

G-funk acquired, thank you Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by Theijuiel View Post
    Don't watch Conspiracy Theory while on mushrooms.
    You know a festival is in the process of dying when you start to see sports jerseys there....

Quote Originally Posted by mplsbump View Post
    People post your pics as there's so much missed by all of us!
    THANKS FOR THE PIC I TOTALLY MISSED THIS

Mesa, Az, Amsterdam and Antwerp when I can!

Every moment flows into the next and I'd have a hard time picking just one!

Musically it was Orbital last year! I was so happy to hear them I almost cried with joy! Weird for me!

But my favorite moment of each year is walking into the Do-Lab and seeing an artist like this guy creating something special for Coachella!

It brings the whole Coachella Experience together for me!

[IMG] Image Magican! by AJVaughn.com, on Flickr[/IMG]
    99, 01, 02, 03, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11,12,13, 14
    Dancing In The Desert and Loving Every Minute of Coachella!

Check out my Coachella pictures at Flickr.com under AJVaughn.com. Other art work there also!
    There are 3 Coachella sets on Flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alanjvaughn/sets

So many to choose from but I have to post this one again. All the new sigs made me smile every time I got back to camp
    Coachella's '06, '08, '09, '10, '11
    Camp Touch This!

I was fried on Sunday when I took this one. I love my G11, it may be old but it's still baller.

Last edited by TheRotten42; 05-05-2011 at 12:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Supre doesnt know since he's usually in the bathroom going away at the glory hole. Noms Nom nom noms oooooo i'm taking a picture of that beast....****snap*** back to yum yums nom nom noms

^^^Fact: Things look better on acid, even a blank screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

sunrise as i was leaving my first coachella.

July 29 - Boris
    August 1 - Black Label Society
    August 14 - Nine Inch Nails/Soundgarden/DEP
    August 27 - Röyksopp & Robyn
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 12 - Austin City Limits: Day 3
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Metal Festival
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 23 - Caribou

"Ill see you on the Dark Side of the Moon".... the first year i went for the duration of the festival. The moment during that set i looked up at the sky and sighed... "I belong here, we all belong here"

Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

- PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella Bound View Post
    "Ill see you on the Dark Side of the Moon".... the first year i went for the duration of the festival. The moment during that set i looked up at the sky and sighed... "I belong here, we all belong here"

I literally cried. It was my second Coachella but My Morning Jacket played sunset then Roger Waters and I just remember being overwhelmed with emotion

Quote Originally Posted by clarky123 View Post
    Fuck your formal education up for music and stop being a coward.
    Quote Originally Posted by braundiggity View Post
    I dunno. Lots of the arguments seem hypocritical to me. Can't we leave it simply as: I loved the shit out of it, some hated the shit out of it, and that's just how some shows go?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/musicislife/

Karma Police are coming for you

This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

Thanks for posting the picture Lizard, now me and thousands of others are covered on this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

Quote Originally Posted by Cactuskev View Post

Monday morning. Everyone was leaving and my festival partner (who I had never met before - I picked her up at the airport on the way in) found a wading pool that someone had left behind. We filled it with water, poured a couple cocktails and had a pool party. We were pretty much the last ones to leave that day. Awesome.
    this is a fantastic picture...
    I'm a reasonable man, get off my case.

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Thom Yorke and the gorillaz captivated me last year, but this year i finally got to see my idol. SASHA! I have been djing from the age of 12 and have for the past ten years looked up to sasha, FINALLY seeing him was out of this world. During the intro i cried out of joy, and then danced my ass off!

Boubakiki>Tom Odell>Flatbush Zombies>GOAT>Austra>MS MR>Jagwar Ma>HAIM>Shlohmo>Bonobo>Woodkid>Bryan Ferry>The Knife>Outkast>
    Syd Arthur>Sander Kleinenberg>Temples>Guy Gerber>Julian Casablancas>Warpaint>Future Islands>Lorde>Pixies>Pharrell>Muse>
    Trombone Shorty>Fishbone>Poolside>Scuba>Rudimental>Blood Orange>ill-Esha>Aluna George>Little Dragon>The Toy Dolls>Lana Del Rey> Beck>Motorhead>Netsky>Arcade Fire

Quote Originally Posted by bartelby View Post
    this is a fantastic picture...
    Thanks! It was kind of crazy because she was coming here from Sydney, Australia and had broken up with her boyfriend and so she had no place to crash. She found me through the Coachella Facebook page and I picked her up at the Phoenix airport on the way to the festival. We had never met before, but we liked the same bands and partied our asses off until sunrise every night. Late Monday we roadtripped back to Phoenix and I poured her out of the truck and she flew back to Oz.

Coachella was incredible on it's own, but having her along for the ride took it to another level! Festival karma, man. It's a beautiful thing.

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyRagdoll View Post
    I literally cried. It was my second Coachella but My Morning Jacket played sunset then Roger Waters and I just remember being overwhelmed with emotion
    Same here
    That show was so amazing.
    Coachella's '06, '08, '09, '10, '11
    Camp Touch This!

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

There are sooo many moments during my 11 years with this festival that this was very difficult to pick but, at my first Coachella in 2001 when I walked in to see Sigur Ros. I had only heard about them because at the time Radiohead were raving about them but I had never heard what they sounded like. During Olsen Olsen, near the end when it breaks out into the full string section, there was a man in a suit standing a few feet away from me that acted as a conductor along with the song and it is a image and feeling that keeps bringing me back year after year to Coachella.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    There are sooo many moments during my 11 years with this festival that this was very difficult to pick but, at my first Coachella in 2001 when I walked in to see Sigur Ros. I had only heard about them because at the time Radiohead were raving about them but I had never heard what they sounded like. During Olsen Olsen, near the end when it breaks out into the full string section, there was a man in a suit standing a few feet away from me that acted as a conductor along with the song and it is a image and feeling that keeps bringing me back year after year to Coachella.
    Yessssssssss.

more pictures damnit...!!!
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

- PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

Brazillian Girls by SisterSafetyPin, on Flickr

Brazilian Girls 2007 - It was my first Coachella and I remember just feeling incredibly lucky listening and watching this amazing band that so many don't even know about... And I pretty much made a vow to never miss Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by clarky123 View Post
    Fuck your formal education up for music and stop being a coward.
    Quote Originally Posted by braundiggity View Post
    I dunno. Lots of the arguments seem hypocritical to me. Can't we leave it simply as: I loved the shit out of it, some hated the shit out of it, and that's just how some shows go?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/musicislife/

Karma Police are coming for you

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

At this moment my relationship with music was flipped on its head.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

not my image, but this set changed me.

Last edited by nathanfairchild; 05-15-2011 at 02:09 PM.
    July 29 - Boris
    August 1 - Black Label Society
    August 14 - Nine Inch Nails/Soundgarden/DEP
    August 27 - Röyksopp & Robyn
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits