Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Somebody get this girl a press pass AKA Coachella attendees are idiots or a-holes...

Default Re: Somebody get this girl a press pass AKA Coachella attendees are idiots or a-holes

Quote Originally Posted by TommyboyUNM View Post
    The person who wrote this is trolling you guys hard.

She's writing in a tongue-in-cheek sort of way, people. She's using a ton of sarcasm and embellishment on a blog for a show that's littered with sarcasm and embellishment. A lot of it isn't all that funny, but I can't believe some of you think this is serious.
    i think the problem is that it's just atrociously bad writing. not whether or not she's being ironic. like you said, it isn't even funny haha

Default Re: Somebody get this girl a press pass AKA Coachella attendees are idiots or a-holes

I'm going to post some Onion articles for you guys to deconstruct next.
    At least we'd have something funny to pick apart.

The person who wrote this is trolling you guys hard.

She's writing in a tongue-in-cheek sort of way, people. She's using a ton of sarcasm and embellishment on a blog for a show that's littered with sarcasm and embellishment. A lot of it isn't all that funny, but I can't believe some of you think this is serious.
    You mean, she's attempting to write in a tongue in cheek sort of way.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

it's not even funny is the point.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

"That is until the sweetest angel from up on high came up to our window, shaking, manic, and said “I just knocked that fence down. Hurry. Leave. Escape. The time is now. Go!!!” It was Les Miserables meets the sh*t-crawl in Shawshank Redemption."

Come on, that part was at least a little bit funny.

I especially like it when she compared the parking lot organizers to Nazis. Because the parking lot organizers treated them like Jews being herded and stuff. Nice analogy.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

9. If Someone From A Band Asks If You Want To See Their Bus, Don’t Say “Nah, I Don’t Really Like Buses.” This didn’t happen to me personally, but this is probably just a good rule of thumb in general. Always go to the bus. Always. Worse case scenario, you’ll have a great story for the police.
    If I'm to understand correctly, the "worse (sic) case scenario" is that you may get raped and beaten so that you can tell the cops about your great adventure of getting raped and beaten because you were advised to say "yes" whenever a member of a band asks you to their bus?

Hah, really? Is this that serious to you all? I'm not even gonna lie, I laughed at some of this. It's not that bad and is clearly tongue in cheek. She's clearly going to Coachella for the starfucking, but I can't hate this.

She's using a ton of sarcasm and embellishment on a blog for a show that's littered with sarcasm and embellishment.
    Part of the problem might be that the show was canceled a couple of years ago.

Also, like 70% of this seems to be about a parking lot carnival. In fact, there's no reason not to believe that this chick mistook a parking lot carnival for Coachella and Devito may have just happened to be there too.

EDIT- #2 is totally true, though.

7/27 Babymetal @ Fonda, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ The Ace, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater

Also...yes there is something called a Pizza Cookie. They serve it at Oregano's restaurants. What she had was Cookie Pie.

She "bought 500 of them", but she "only had a bite". Uh-huh.

i wish i read the comments in this thread before reading the article; it's utter shit.

16. You Won’t Hear A Lot Of Music. Yeah, no, somehow, and I don’t know why, but I only heard like 2 full band sets and then bits and pieces of other performers. To be fair, I also wasn’t there Sunday night, when most of my favorite acts were performing. I had to leave considering my brain dipped itself in the Roger Rabbit murdery acid bath and was no longer alive.
    what the fuck?

Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    Also...yes there is something called a Pizza Cookie. They serve it at Oregano's restaurants. What she had was Cookie Pie.

She "bought 500 of them", but she "only had a bite". Uh-huh.

Pizookie. Pizza Cookie. BJ's has them, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Women just obviously can't write creative music. They're all ripping off the Beatles, who were men. Duh.

Quote Originally Posted by socalguy100 View Post
    WTF did she do for three days?
    I only saw two full sets too. I got really sick and spent most of the time whining about it at camp during the day, and wandering around fucked up and near passed out inside the festival at night. It was a weird Coachella. It was wall to wall music for me last year. Next year I plan to make a comeback. I just gotta figure out what will help keep my allergies from kicking my ass again. I'm still sick as I type this. I'm sneezing and coughing and my breathing sucks.

She's not racist, she has a black friend (see the last pic she posted as proof).
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysonBandivas View Post
    I want to know more about this festival.
    Weekend One & Weekend Two ftw

Quote Originally Posted by Penultimate View Post
    I only saw two full sets too. I got really sick and spent most of the time whining about it at camp during the day, and wandering around fucked up and near passed out inside the festival at night. It was a weird Coachella. It was wall to wall music for me last year. Next year I plan to make a comeback. I just gotta figure out what will help keep my allergies from kicking my ass again. I'm still sick as I type this. I'm sneezing and coughing and my breathing sucks.
    Don't worry, we all think you're lame too.

7/18: The Field @ The Independent
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Quote Originally Posted by Newro7ic View Post
    Pizookie. Pizza Cookie. BJ's has them, too.
    Yeah, Oregano's used to call them Pizookie too until they found out BJ's had it trademarked and switched to "Pizza Cookie". Actually, I'm sure a lot of places have a "Pizza Cookie", but Spicy Pie and BJ's don't.

I'm just saying, if you are going to mock something for its name, get the name right. I think we can agree all the names are stupid.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

call them whatever you want, they are fucking delicious.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    call them whatever you want, they are fucking delicious.
    I will call them Betty.

And when they call me, they can call me Al.

:dooot doot doot doot, doot doot doot doot:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    It is Joycian (if James Joyce were a Super Bitch).

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by DANCE MAGIC View Post
    also, her comment:

you mean the fucking ground? outside? yeah it's dirty, bitch. the earth is fucking made out of dirt. what the fuck do you expect?
    Fucking Classic. You can always distinguish the hippies from the hipsters by the cleanliness of their feet. Forrest fuckin gump was right.
    I didnt even wear shoes into the venue on Friday during the day, they were in the way, and saturday night at the swings we started a fuck shoes chant. so clearly this person is just not a real coachella head.

Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    Yeah, Oregano's used to call them Pizookie too until they found out BJ's had it trademarked and switched to "Pizza Cookie". Actually, I'm sure a lot of places have a "Pizza Cookie", but Spicy Pie and BJ's don't.

I'm just saying, if you are going to mock something for its name, get the name right. I think we can agree all the names are stupid.
    every time a pizookie is purchased at bj's a donation is made to the cystic fibrosis foundation, which is the disease i have. so please eat the shit out of those pizookie's, people.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pa7156 View Post
    Fucking Classic. You can always distinguish the hippies from the hipsters by the cleanliness of their feet. Forrest fuckin gump was right.
    I didnt even wear shoes into the venue on Friday during the day, they were in the way, and saturday night at the swings we started a fuck shoes chant. so clearly this person is just not a real coachella head.
    i don't know how y'all walk around without shoes. i wouldn't last one day without them.
    July 29 - Boris
    August 1 - Black Label Society
    August 14 - Nine Inch Nails/Soundgarden/DEP
    August 27 - Röyksopp & Robyn
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 12 - Austin City Limits: Day 3
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Metal Festival
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 23 - Caribou

Lurker

Smile Re: Somebody get this girl a press pass AKA Coachella attendees are idiots or a-holes

Well you see, hobbits have kind of leathery feet, soooo, it works out. Except when the other hobbits make fun of me like Will Ferrell in Elf, cause I'm the largest hobbit ever.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    i don't know how y'all walk around without shoes. i wouldn't last one day without them.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    every time a pizookie is purchased at bj's a donation is made to the cystic fibrosis foundation, which is the disease i have. so please eat the shit out of those pizookie's, people.
    At the rate I pound 'em, That shit should be cured tomorrow.
    Youth, you son of a bitch, where did you go?

Quote Originally Posted by Emma Ocean View Post
    so I assume you've never been cunt punched at a festival? Well lucky you!

The woman in that Spicy Pie picture was at Dirty Epic on Sunday night...she was into Skip, haha
    Sean Penn Acid Test 2008 - Legendary

2008 , 2009, 2010, 2011 , 2012 wk1, 2013 wk2. 6 years running!

Hell or highwater, fire and brimstone, not even cancer is powerful enough to keep me from Coachella!