Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pass-out-chella 2011

Default Pass-out-chella 2011

I saw at least 5 people pass out in front of me at shows during the day. The first was at black joe lewis, the girl was right in front of me and scared the shit out of my girlfriend (her first coachella). Anybody else see this happen often?

Default Re: Pass-out-chella 2011

I passed out waiting in line to get in. Pretty crazy, only the second time I've ever fainted.

lowfront

Ya I prob saw 4 people pass out

I saw someone pass out a couple minutes before gogol bordello started; he got out of the crowd before the band started. I ran into some girls carrying a passed out dude leaving Mumford&Sons; I ran crowd interference for them until they got to somewhere they felt safe waiting for a medic, and gave them the rest of my water. I *almost* passed out during Chuckie but had the presence of mind to go chill out on the grass instead. One of my camping buddies seized up for a bit in the campground. :{

And this is why I drink shitloads of water when at Coachella.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

My friend had to help carry a girl out of Sahara, a bit scary, 95F day time raving with Skirillx is dangerous....

Almost passed out during Duck Sauce and my gf and I had to leave for most of the night to wait out our very dangerous and very last roll, still had a great time with her listening to Stokes from afar. Realized that Coachella can be done right without that shit in our systems, looking forward to next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

She was getting an IV drip and she was unconscious.

When I held that gun in my hand, I felt a surge of power…like God must feel when he’s holding a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    I thought I had. I had *two liters* during gogol bordello, for example.

Not enough.

stay hydrated!! i saw so many people go down, kinda scared the shit out of me while i was trippin."oh man what if that happens to me, what if i ate too many drugs?! AAAAHHHHHHHH i better drink some more water" haha love the inner monologue.
    Last edited by 303dubbin; 04-19-2011 at 12:34 PM.
    the music is what its all about, you love it just like i love it.

I really thought I was going to pass out during gogol for a minute. my buddy saved my ass by bringing a 2 liter bottle of water to share. They really need high-energy shows like gogol to be in a tent or at night

I've fainted before at Coachella. Friday of last year, right at the entrance. That plus overcrowding of clusterfuck-chella was hell.

This year I drank less hard alcohol. Mostly stuck to beer and water. Happy times
    Originally Posted by Wonderbot:

What if a polar bear rides a unicycle into my tent and then my friends decide to become racoons with gambling problems while asking people for a smoke?

What then?

Awww come on, don't post pictures of people passed out. I'm sure they had a shitty enough time as it is without it being immortalized on the Internet. Unless they were wearing a headdress. Then it's fair game.

Don't drink beer to cure your thirst, of course. I was smoking enough to keep my mouth too dry to walk around without water. Constantly hitting the water, sometimes going for the beer. I was trekking madly for four days, pretty much, without any problem. I got super tired on Sunday, even after Saturday night's super rest, and ended up napping next to an asian dude next to a pile of puke. It done felt good.

I saw a girl go down like a ragdoll in front of the merch stand. Last I saw they had an oxygen mask on her and were loading her onto a stretcher. Scary.

Quote Originally Posted by aphrael View Post

Not enough.
    This is what scares me away from the main stage during much of the day time. But this year I made better use of the Do Lab with constant visits.
    Class of 1999, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 W2, 2013 W1 & 2014 W2

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
    How can some1 still 100 dollars from a broke single mom!!!!! WTF!! People r so getto!! I wouldint do that to some1 I hate

Sunday our camp neighbors hopped into our A/Cd van and played the 5-second game with me, chugging vodka mixes... several times. I didn't necessarily pass out, but was suuuuper tired midday and had to go find a place to lay down and pass out

Quote Originally Posted by brematale111 View Post
    I saw at least 5 people pass out in front of me at shows during the day. The first was at black joe lewis, the girl was right in front of me and scared the shit out of my girlfriend (her first coachella). Anybody else see this happen often?
    Was she right on the front rail almost and near the middle of the stage? I saw some commotion up there and saw a girl getting dragged out. It looked like she pissed herself or something too.

Quote Originally Posted by brematale111 View Post
    I really thought I was going to pass out during gogol for a minute. my buddy saved my ass by bringing a 2 liter bottle of water to share. They really need high-energy shows like gogol to be in a tent or at night
    Yeah I constantly drank water throughout that day and just took it easy before that show. I was still drinking a little bit and had a buzz when I got in that pit. By the time there were done I was completely sober and dehydrated, had to rest some more unfortunately.
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

Someone behind and to the right of us at the start of Yelle's set passed out, quickly recovered, but then was walked out by a friend. Kinda scary, but I guess it worked out. I still think it wasn't that hot this weekend as opposed to my first Coachella in 2007 that was something like 107 degrees the first day.
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    this, kind of...

Quote Originally Posted by aphrael View Post

Not enough.
    but also, too much can be a bad thing, if you're not managing your food intake properly. too much water can be just as bad if your electrolytes go all out of whack.
    it makes me forget to relax. with a heart full of holes, and a head full of dreams. with a mouthful of honey, and a fistful of bees.

That's why you bang a gatorade for every five waters.

I just want to say thanks to the strangers that helped these people to safety. I saw strangers help out passed out people on the ground a couple times as I was walking by. I should have helped too, but I always get that role and passed this time. Glad to see there are others who are helpful too. Kudos.

Quote Originally Posted by djbionik View Post
    I just want to say thanks to the strangers that helped these people to safety. I saw strangers help out passed out people on the ground a couple times as I was walking by. I should have helped too, but I always get that role and passed this time. Glad to see there are others who are helpful too. Kudos.
    Seems like just basic concert etiquette to me: take care of the sick and injured first.

right before TDCC I was talking to some guy and he was explaining to his friend what TDCC was and we were getting excited then his friend fell into (what seemed like a K hole) and he had to basically carry his friend out of the tent. I felt bad for him but also happy that he looked after his buddy.
    "The Coachella Valley wasn't always like this, there's been a great many changes made since I came here some 67 years ago"

Quote Originally Posted by lolswaglol View Post
    Was she right on the front rail almost and near the middle of the stage? I saw some commotion up there and saw a girl getting dragged out. It looked like she pissed herself or something too.
    not quite, no, we were probably 10 rows of people from the rail and she was able to walk out with some help

Saw a girl pass out during Jack's Mannequin. She pushed her way towards the front and then after about three or four minutes toppled over and her friends had to drag her out.

Ugh, I got really scared for a second I was going to faint during Gayngs. It had nothing to do with the heat or crowdsize, obviously, since it was after midnight in the mostly-empty Gobi tent. I had been kind of getting a bloody nose (NOT from putting things up there!) earlier and suddenly started feeling super dizzy and light-headed, vision going blurry, etc. All I had done that day was toke and drink 1 beer a few hours before. So it had to be just from pure exhaustion I guess. But it was so bad for a second I got super scared like, "OMG. Am I going to be one of THOSE people right now?!?!" Thankfully I just laid down for awhile and felt a whole lot better. Phew. Water and rest are your friends, people.
    Coachella 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011!!!, 2012 (w1), 2013 (w2), 2014! (w2)...

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Flowers are born to die, bro

I almost passed out and had to be taken to the emergency room after Gogol, but for me it wasn't lack of fluids. I'd been drinking powerade and water all day, I simply had an asthma attack. Was in the hospital for 2 & half hours before my breathing stabalized

Quote Originally Posted by clarky123 View Post
    Fuck your formal education up for music and stop being a coward.
    Quote Originally Posted by braundiggity View Post
    I dunno. Lots of the arguments seem hypocritical to me. Can't we leave it simply as: I loved the shit out of it, some hated the shit out of it, and that's just how some shows go?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/musicislife/

Karma Police are coming for you

Sucks man^