Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Greatest band ever?

Default Re: Greatest band ever?

Isn't it cute to see the kids these days with their thoughts on music. Awwwwwweeeee.

Will someone school this guy?

pink floyd is more influential than Rage

Banned

hard rock/hip hop wise they're the most.

Quote Originally Posted by tklint24 View Post
    hard rock/hip hop wise they're the most.
    as one single genre? Maybe...but if we're talking in both hard rock and hip hop...absolutely not

Quote Originally Posted by thinnerair View Post
    The Beatles, you retards.
    For anyone who knows music, The Beatles ARE the most influential band of all time...they were the first to do anything...first "long hair" (for their time period it was long)...first concept album...etc etc...rock and roll as we know it pretty much got its roots from The Beatles

Quote Originally Posted by jigawig View Post
    For anyone who knows music, The Beatles ARE the most influential band of all time...they were the first to do anything...first "long hair" (for their time period it was long)...first concept album...etc etc...rock and roll as we know it pretty much got its roots from The Beatles
    no no no and no!
    A good song should make you wanna tap your feet and get with your girl. A great song should destroy cops and set fire to the suburbs. I’m only interested in writing great songs. - Tom Morello

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    You don't deserve to speak.
    I think Air sucks, can I still talk?

I promise I won't mention the fact that Air sucks...

Quote Originally Posted by André View Post
    no no no and no!
    just out of curiousity, how is any of what i said false

just out of curiousity, how is any of what i said false
    everything you said was false, although the beatles ARE still the most influential band ever.

First concept album? BULLSHIT. There were literally dozens of concept album before the beatles came out with their concept album, and many came out before the beatles even formed. Some examples: Woody Guthrie's Dust Bowl Ballads (1940), Frank Sinatra's The Voice of Frank Sinatra (1945), Ray Charles's The Genius Hits The Road (1960), The Beach Boys' Little Deuce Coupe (1963).

the beatles as the roots of rock and roll? have you heard of robert johnson? big joe turner? fats domino? elvis presley? bo didley? buddy holly? richard valens? you're a fuking moron if you think the beatles are the roots of rock.

First band with long hair? What the hell does that even mean? Why is that even important? I can't think of an example off the top of my head, but I am sure the beatles weren't the first band with long hair.

bob dylan, the beatles, james brown, beach boys, buddy holly, stevie wonder, chuck berry, velvet underground, the clash

Coachella Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by crazzz2007 View Post
    everything you said was false, although the beatles ARE still the most influential band ever.

First concept album? BULLSHIT. There were literally dozens of concept album before the beatles came out with their concept album, and many came out before the beatles even formed. Some examples: Woody Guthrie's Dust Bowl Ballads (1940), Frank Sinatra's The Voice of Frank Sinatra (1945), Ray Charles's The Genius Hits The Road (1960), The Beach Boys' Little Deuce Coupe (1963).

the beatles as the roots of rock and roll? have you heard of robert johnson? big joe turner? fats domino? elvis presley? bo didley? buddy holly? richard valens? you're a fuking moron if you think the beatles are the roots of rock.

First band with long hair? What the hell does that even mean? Why is that even important? I can't think of an example off the top of my head, but I am sure the beatles weren't the first band with long hair.
    Last edited by betao; 03-20-2007 at 07:54 PM.

Banned

ok, ok, ok...they may not be one of the most influential....but they are the greatest band of all time.

Coachella Junkie

ok, ok, ok...they may not be one of the most influential....but they are one of the greatest rap/rock combination bands of all time.
    Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by André View Post
    rage is the greatest!
    i swear to god i hate you more than any human ive NEVER met in my life...
    by the time you are 20 years old...your musical views will hopefully change for the better...PS at the festival i.ll be the guy wearing the t-shirt that reads
    "andre from denmark is a fucking moron"

ok, ok, ok...they may not be one of the most influential....but they are the greatest band of all time.
    pss.i hate you too

Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    ill give you the first one because im not certain (i did take a class on the history of jazz to rock and that is what was stated by the professor and the book)...on the second one; we are talking about "bands", not a singer with a rotating group (you fucking moron)...and the third one, (not that its important, but a lot of band members in rock bands have long hair) if you watch the documentary "imagine: john lennon" when they come to the u.s. an interviewer asks the group as a whole if they are going to cut their long hair...SCHOOLED...OWNED..blah, blah, blah

ill give you the first one because im not certain (i did take a class on the history of jazz to rock and that is what was stated by the professor and the book)...on the second one; we are talking about "bands", not a singer with a rotating group (you fucking moron)...and the third one, (not that its important, but a lot of band members in rock bands have long hair) if you watch the documentary "imagine: john lennon" when they come to the u.s. an interviewer asks the group as a whole if they are going to cut their long hair...SCHOOLED...OWNED..blah, blah, blah
    you ignorant piece of shit. are you really basing your knowledge of rock on some stupid course you took in college? god, you are pitiful.

Red Sparowes.

the answer to this thread is of course Radiohead. Also the D

you ignorant piece of shit. are you really basing your knowledge of rock on some stupid course you took in college? god, you are pitiful.
    is that all you can come up with ("basing your knowledge of rock...blah, blah, blah"), lets see...a chemist bases his knowledge of chemistry on courses he took in school, a biologist bases his knowledge of biology on courses he took in school, an attorney bases his knowledge of law on courses he took in school, etc etc...what are you going to say next, that britney spears, jessica simpson, justin timberlake, and madonna are all BANDS (retard)...and whats with the aggression, this is a friendly poll...lay off the juice or go get laid, whatever you need to do to chill

is that all you can come up with ("basing your knowledge of rock...blah, blah, blah"), lets see...a chemist bases his knowledge of chemistry on courses he took in school, a biologist bases his knowledge of biology on courses he took in school, an attorney bases his knowledge of law on courses he took in school, etc etc...
    in other words, i was right.....you're basing your knowledge of rock music on some course you took.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

in other words, i was right.....you're basing your knowledge of rock music on some course you took.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    well, i guess you win...your some stupid 30 year old who thinks that he knows music...seems to me that you base your knowledge on "current/trendy" music...sure you know the names albums of some albums before your time, but does that make you a music guro (i guess it does because you know everything there is to know about music)...also, im not basing my knowledge solely on the course, but also on what other musicians have said...im impressed you know music other than what is shown on mtv...on a positive note, im glad to see that you got laid and the anger is no longer in you...we can actually have a debate without you having a heart attack

I completely stopped paying attention after you said you took a music history class. What's the point? So some overpaid professor can give you his opinions on the formation of rock music? No thank you, I'll form my own opinions, thank you very much. And the hair thing... worst argument ever.

well, i guess you win...your some stupid 30 year old who thinks that he knows music...seems to me that you base your knowledge on "current/trendy" music...sure you know the names albums of some albums before your time, but does that make you a music guro (i guess it does because you know everything there is to know about music)...also, im not basing my knowledge solely on the course, but also on what other musicians have said...im impressed you know music other than what is shown on mtv...on a positive note, im glad to see that you got laid and the anger is no longer in you...we can actually have a debate without you having a heart attack
    Again, someone who can play a guitar tells you something is good, so it therefore is?

Quote Originally Posted by ediger View Post
    Again, someone who can play a guitar tells you something is good, so it therefore is?
    im not saying that because i professor said something is good that that makes it so...im saying that The Beatles creating the first concept album was stated by the professor and written in the book...i make my own opinions, i dont make opinions based on other peoples'...so let me guess, you also dont believe in the holocaust just because the leader of iran says that it never happened, it is in books and taught in school

im not saying that because i professor said something is good that that makes it so...im saying that The Beatles creating the first concept album was stated by the professor and written in the book...i make my own opinions, i dont make opinions based on other peoples'...so let me guess, you also dont believe in the holocaust just because the leader of iran says that it never happened, it is in books and taught in school
    Oooooook, you sir can go fuck yourself. You even SUGGEST that I would ever deny the hallocaust, I will find you in Cali and rip you limb from fucking limb. Face it, you're dumb ass prof is factually wrong. There were plenty of concept albums before the Beatles.

so let me guess, you also dont believe in the holocaust just because the leader of iran says that it never happened, it is in books and taught in school
    Winner of the silliest argument ever? How did we go from The Beatles having long hair to Holocaust denial? The leap in logic gave me whiplash.

I thought this post was greatest band ever - not most influential - And although I would give my life for Rage I would find it hard to say they are the most influential - then again it's easy to say bands like Zepplin and TVU and cats like James Brown and The King were influential - they had thier peak when people were easily influenced - We're too smart now - to media savy - it's alot harder for a band today to pass along thier message - and no one - NO ONE - does it better than Rage - Most influential - NO - Most Inspirational - I think they are near the top of the list - Best Band Ever - without a doubt.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Unless thread...
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014.

OKAY I STILL SAY THE BEATLES, PROBABLY MOST INFLUENCIAL BAND I LOVE THEM!