Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tough Mudder

Default Re: Tough Mudder

Stick to your goals, don't push it too hard at first, its gonna be a long journey and u don't want to burn out.

So they announced the Worlds Toughest Mudder comp...which is basically Tough Mudder on steroids....I'm not even going to attempt to do this this year but if I enjoy this first one I will def sign up for it next year

TMHQ is hard at work designing the obstacle course to end all obstacle courses. Competitors will run laps of a 10-mile course featuring 30 of the world’s toughest obstacles. The winner will be the mudder that completes the greatest number of laps over a grueling 24-hour period.

While WTM obstacles will remain a mystery until event weekend, it’s safe to assume that obstacles at previous Tough Mudder events will only scratch the surface of the trials WTM competitors will be subjected to. To get a sense, look at the course map for the 2011 Tri-State event, then imagine it on steroids! For training purposes, qualifiers should expect the event to require cardiovascular stamina, brute strength, agility, dexterity, mental grit, and most of all a passion to prove oneself to be the World’s Toughest Mudder.

The event will feature a pit area where each competitor may set up a tent in order to sleep, eat, and warm up as they deem necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Your lady's also in for drugs, right? Corinna's guy is in for murder and mine's in for a spree of home invasions. I think you're probably good.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    I'm pretty sure Ronnie painted that on her, with his dick.

Ha, coincidentally, I just did the Warrior Dash in AZ yesterday. It was a blast, but definitely no Tough Mudder. I will be doing the one in Phoenix next year. And yes, this sounds like a blast!
    Arctic Monkeys - 10.25.14 - Comerica Theater
    Coachella - 4.10.15 - 4.12.15 - Empire Polo Grounds

Warrior Dash will be in the Bay Area in October. Kind of wish this was before Tough Mudder since it's the easier of the two, but still seems fun.

The NorCal date is 80% sold out!

Holy shit. I want to do this. Not this year, but for sure in the future. This just got added to my bucket list.
    PLURcenta

There is a smaller tamer similar event here that I'm thinking about doing this summer
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

here is a new review of the this past weekends Tough Mudder...it seems that each new event they do they end up making it harder and harder....fuck i need to train harder!!!

http://travlete.com/2011/05/10/revie...mount-snow-vt/

Have you ever watched an episode of Iron Chef and gotten the feeling that the challenger is in way over their head? You know, it comes about 25 minutes into the show when the Iron Chef whips up something you can’t pronounce while the challenger struggles to put together some decent mac ‘n’ cheese. Well, we got that same feeling this past weekend in Vermont when Tough Mudder proved all over again that they are the Goliath of adventure challenges.

Set on Mount Snow in West Dover, VT, Tough Mudder took advantage of their surroundings to create a grueling course that doled out bruises, cramps and cuts like they were girl scout cookies. Composed of 10 miles of steep ascents, descents and the best obstacles around, TM New England was by far the most challenging adventure event we’ve covered to date. That even includes their 12 mile Tri-State event in Englishtown, NJ. Why so difficult? Well for starters, Mudders (what TM calls participants) ran themselves ragged by following a course that took them up and down the mountain more times than we could count. In fact, for the first half of the course we found ourselves yearning for a few obstacles if only to give our calves and quads a break from unrelenting climbs. Even though some would have preferred more evenly paced obstacles, this setup allowed for crowds of Mudders to dissipate, resulting in shorter lines at obstacles and aid stations.

Those that managed the first few miles of hills were promptly rewarded with over 20 obstacles ranging from their now famous Electroshock Therapy (FYI – it doesn’t get any less nerve-wracking the second time around) to the Funky Monkey bars (still haven’t made it across!). Returning obstacles came with unique and beefed up variations but, of course, the TM engineers had a few tricks up their sleeves to keep things fresh for veteran Mudders. The mystery obstacle of the day consisted of a crawl through a vat of maple syrup followed by a climb up and over wood chips. Another stellar newcomer, Glacier, found participants relying on each other to ascend a 15-foot tall icey mountain and then scrambling down a turbulent backside.

Boa Constrictor made a return appearance...albeit with a little bit of a "twist".
    Of course, none of these obstacles would be half as enjoyable if it wasn’t for the atmosphere that surrounds Tough Mudder. Costumes, face paint, and teams of friends were abound to set the tone and we witnessed plenty of “no man gets left behind” moments on the course. We were also witness to one of the most memorable race moments we’ve seen to date. See, the start line is actually a short ways up the mountain and waves of Mudders go off every 20 minutes after a few safety announcements and the National Anthem. And coincidentally, mile 3 of the course has participants pass directly behind this start line. So imagine the feelings of patriotism that welled up inside of us when we turned the corner to find not just the Mudders-to-be standing still in complete silence for the National Anthem, but also the hundreds that were in the process of ripping down the steep slopes. Quite an awe-inspiring and pride inducing sight to say the least.

Glacier is new to the party, and loves to snack on frost-bitten fingers and toes.
    Other significant contributions to the atmosphere actually came from the town of West Dover itself. We arrived the night before, and stayed at the Matterhorn Inn (which we highly recommend….great beers and great service), and everywhere we went we were greeted with “Good luck!” and high fives from locals. Neighborhood businesses posted signs welcoming “Tough Mudders” and bars even gave out free t-shirts to anyone running. Even the local shuttle bus system, The MOOver (which has stops all along the main road to the mountain), was running extra buses to accommodate the crowd. Speaking of crowds, rumor has it that this event was the largest one-day athletic competition in Vermont’s history. Not too shabby!

With all of these things going for it, it’s easy to see why Tough Mudder has gathered such a loyal following. It’s an incredible challenge, a feel good event, and strong reminder of what a well run endurance event can do for participants as well as the community that hosts it.

Course: A The course was stellar and the most challenging TM we’ve covered to date. Early hills hit hard and led to smaller crowds at later obstacles while the second half threw a barrage of challenges at participants that can’t be found anywhere else.

Organization: A+ Everything you might be concerned with was well attended to. Parking, packet pickup, bag drop and body marking were all a breeze. Aid stations, onsite showers and changing areas were organized and not overcrowded.

Atmosphere: A+ Countless memorable moments, rad displays of patriotism and Mudder camaraderie every step of the way. That, plus a solid after party including keg tosses and beer…what more could you ask for??

Logistics: A- It’s Vermont, so you’ll be driving. And you also won’t be able to find big brand hotels like Holiday Inn or Super 8, but that’s okay because it will give you a chance to soak in the support from the town by staying at local inns and lodges. Special thanks to Joe, James & company at the Matterhorn for making our stay extra comfortable…and for letting us take a much needed soak in their outdoor hot tub!

Overall: A Tri-State is still our fav (that course gets the nod thanks to its motocross venue), but make no mistake, Tough Mudder put together another fantastic event. And with the momentum they’ve built you’ll be hearing from a lot of people about how much of a blast these events are, and not just from those participating. After all, Tough Mudder didn’t just take over a few ski slopes in Vermont this past weekend, it took over an entire town…and maybe even a state.

Your lady's also in for drugs, right? Corinna's guy is in for murder and mine's in for a spree of home invasions. I think you're probably good.

Arizona just went on sale yesterday. The earlier the sign up, the less $ you pay. AZPreReg is a coupon code (good until tomorrow) to knock $10 off. This could very well be one of the stupidest thing I've done in my life, yet I'm excited!

Haha. That's funny. It looks like they had a couple of loafs in their group that managed to finish.
    "ain't no thang but a chicken wang"

so they wrote a letter to Obama trying to get him to do Tough Mudder

http://toughmudder.com/wp-content/up...ent-Obama1.pdf

Obama is too busy. They should have invited Joe Biden. I mean, the bro's probably already been considering it.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

is Caco into men now? is that what this is about?
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Say goodbye to that acid, Greg.

how is the non-smoking going caco? are you still doing this race?

One of our IT guys did the Cali run, he is around my age (27). He said he would never never do it again, in fact, it seemed like he regretted it. Apparently he does a hike-run at least once a week, and does around one race a month.
    According to him (I haven't checked the facts behind this) a few people have died from the electrical wires. They fell down and got knocked out with a wire still shocking them and died.

I'd stick with the SD mud run
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    I hope Wario and Donkey Kong don't conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by MistaGlitch View Post
    how is the non-smoking going caco? are you still doing this race?
    im still doing the race...but I can't quit smoking...new week I'm doing the laser surgery to quit smoking.

Im thinking about doing this in Phx.

This Sunday is MUDDER time! Can't wait for this course to destroy me...

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by caco0283 View Post
    I'm doing the laser surgery to quit smoking.
    wat
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Coachella Junkie

Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogvolta View Post
    One of our IT guys did the Cali run, he is around my age (27). He said he would never never do it again, in fact, it seemed like he regretted it. Apparently he does a hike-run at least once a week, and does around one race a month.
    According to him (I haven't checked the facts behind this) a few people have died from the electrical wires. They fell down and got knocked out with a wire still shocking them and died.

I'd stick with the SD mud run
    And why is there electric wires? wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil50 View Post
    This Sunday is MUDDER time! Can't wait for this course to destroy me...
    Godspeed BD! Kick some tail and don't get killed. Looking forward to a report from you about your experience once you're healed up.

Me and my coworkers will do the Nov one in NJ, I just hope I don't die. One of the girls my trainer was training did the April run in PA and broke her ankle once she got to the monkey bars because who ever built the man made lake made it very shallow so when she fell off she landed on her feet and boom

What an event! I completed the Tough Mudder in Squaw Valley on Sunday, Sept. 18. We had a couple friends do the Mudder on Saturday and it took them over seven hours to finish it due to the huge wait times for each obstacle.

My group started at 11am on Sunday and went down to the starting point a little early to enjoy all of the cool little free things they had set up for us. FRS energy drinks, Clif bars, and gel packs to keep you hydrated were all available.

Doing the Mudder is an absolute ass kicker. We apparently had the steepest mountain to climb and about nine out of the 12+ miles were all uphill. Not a lot of running took place because we just wanted to just take a steady approach and not have to really stop. We lucked out by having little to no wait times on the obstacles too. Walk the Plank, Chernobyl Jacuzzi, and the Boa Constrictor were by far the most grueling obstacles. There's really no way to prepare to be submerged into an ice water tank that actually starts to freeze up. The Boa Constrictor is what killed me the most thanks to some awesome cramps while trying to shimmy my way through it. Finished the event about five hours later and it was totally worth it. Do it, donate, and wear that orange headband with pride!

Coachella Junkie

This makes absolutely no sense. They have obstacle courses at playgrounds, and you don't have to wait 5 hours to use them.

I want to run with zombies

http://runforyourlives.com/

I am signing up for the Southern California date tomorrow. A couple of my coworkers are doing it, and they managed to coerce me into doing it. This should be interesting...

wat
    there is this laser surgery that hits pressure points to help you quit smoking

Laser surgery has been in use for some time, especially in operations involving the eyes. The full form of the word ‘laser’ is light amplification by simulated emission of radiation. The technology involves the creation and use of a highly focused beam of light. The energy of such a light ray is so strong that it can exert sufficient force to cut through the strongest of materials. The intensity of the light beam can also be tempered to use with great precision on parts of the body. This means that a relatively low intensity laser beam may merely stimulate or subdue a nerve rather than cut through tissue.

Low intensity laser devices are feasible alternatives for needles used in acupuncture. A laser bean, in this case, acts on a specific nerve to block the sensation of pain. This mechanism of action unravels the mystery of how one can use laser surgery to quit smoking. The tobacco habit is generally associated with stress. Most addicts reach for a smoke when they are under extreme tension. The process of getting off tobacco causes severe unease, and tempts people to return to their old ways. This is perhaps the greatest and most common stumbling block for people who have realized the harmful effects of nicotine, and who wish to kick the habit. The good news is that they can all use laser surgery to quit smoking as painlessly as possible.

I'm not sure how much I trust this "laser bean" surgery, Ronnie. Don't fill out those triplicate forms just yet.