Thread: Tattoo shop

Default Tattoo shop

My friend and I would like to get a tattoo during our trip. Does anyone know a place not too far from indio where we could get it done?

Default Re: Tattoo shop

my friend google told me about

Ellies Permanent Make Up
    73744 Hwy 111
    Palm Desert, CA 92260 (760) 340-5660
    Map
    9.85 miles

After Hours Tattoo & Body
    45140 Oasis St
    Indio, CA 92201
    (760) 775-6090

Mad Hatter Tattoo II
    1 review
    73640 Highway 111
    Palm Desert, CA 92260
    (760) 779-5520

Body Accents
    73885 Highway 111
    Palm Desert, CA 92260-4027
    (760) 340-1331
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

that google guy is a wealth of knowledge...

Quote Originally Posted by plastictrees View Post
    My friend and I would like to get a tattoo during our trip. Does anyone know a place not too far from indio where we could get it done?
    Please make sure to do research on the artists as much as you can before going in and getting inked. Maybe you're a collector, but there are a lot of people running around with tattoos that look like absolute shit because they fail to realize that not all tattoo artists know what the hell they are doing. I don't know what day you plan to get this tattoo - but being in the sun sweating all day isn't exactly the ideal environment for a new tattoo to heal - not to mention, it will be difficult to adequately clean your new tattoo if you are at a music festival 12 hours per day. You will also want to keep it far from sunlight for the first 2 weeks. I could probably find more reasons against getting a new piece during this weekend.... I guess it depends where it will be, the size, and how concerned you are with having a properly healed permanent piece of art on your skin.
    Last edited by unknown; 03-14-2007 at 06:39 AM.

Wink Re: Tattoo shop

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    Please make sure to do research on the artists as much as you can before going in and getting inked. Maybe you're a collector, but there are a lot of people running around with tattoos that look like absolute shit because they fail to realize that not all tattoo artists know what the hell they are doing. I don't know what day you plan to get this tattoo - but being in the sun sweating all day isn't exactly the ideal environment for a new tattoo to heal - not to mention, it will be difficult to adequately clean your new tattoo if you are at a music festival 12 hours per day. You will also want to keep it far from sunlight for the first 2 weeks. I could probably find more reasons against getting a new piece during this weekend.... I guess it depends where it will be, the size, and how concerned you are with having a properly healed permanent piece of art on your skin.
    Good point. If you are set on getting a tattoo while you're in Cali, you should wait until Monday morning, if you can. There's no reason to get it done sometime during the weekend when the elements contribute to the fact that it DEFINITELY will not heal right. A tattoo is for life. Remember that. And if you are a "collector", I would assume that like me, you have one artist you trust with all of the work you get done (usually someone local).

If you do decide to get one done, I've discovered that it will heal very fast and quite nicely if you cover it with bacitracin or neosporin, then cover the entire tattoo with saran wrap. If you change this dressing twice a day, it heals great!
    I'm starving... let's get some f*ckin french toast!

If you're traveling through LA on your trip, I definitely recommend both of these places:

http://www.shamrocktattoo.com/

http://www.sunsetstriptattoo.com/

I would like to get a tattoo...maybe that in utero angel

Quote Originally Posted by foto_synthesis View Post

If you do decide to get one done, I've discovered that it will heal very fast and quite nicely if you cover it with bacitracin or neosporin, then cover the entire tattoo with saran wrap. If you change this dressing twice a day, it heals great!
    Does that work out well? There are so many different recommendations out there and one was to allow the skin to breathe by not rebandaging... how many days do you suggest to do this for? 2 or 3?

Oh yes, I only trust one gal to work on me. I don't think I could pop into a town and get a new tattoo, only if it was for a specific artist I suppose...

Good idea to get it done Monday morning AFTER all the festivities are over

I always think, if theres no waiting list at the place they must be shit

Talking Re: Tattoo shop

Does that work out well? There are so many different recommendations out there and one was to allow the skin to breathe by not rebandaging... how many days do you suggest to do this for? 2 or 3?

Oh yes, I only trust one gal to work on me. I don't think I could pop into a town and get a new tattoo, only if it was for a specific artist I suppose...

It worked better than letting the thing scab over in open air. From what I remember, after I showered, I would leave the wrapping off for about an hour. Then I changed it 2 more times a day. The skin does sweat a little under the saran wrap, but I think mine healed great. See for yourself:
    I'm starving... let's get some f*ckin french toast!

De Plane! De Plane!

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Quote Originally Posted by coop_uk View Post
    I always think, if theres no waiting list at the place they must be shit
    well not ALWAYS true! the shop I go to is mostly appointments only so people are in and out of there fairly quickly after booking one. I suppose that would be a good indication as well - if the artist can take you right away or if you have to make an appointment. At least you know people are willing to wait a few weeks or months to get worked on.

foto - that did heal rather nicely!

u shouldnt get tattoos before the festival tho

got one here couple of weeks back - http://www.yelp.com/biz/h8bnnCAe3lykpDeDuJHYPQ

Like in the other thread, get Kat Von D a booth at Coachella. She is a real artist.

A wet, broken, cardboard box in New Yawk Shitty

Check out my myspace page...link in my profile thing...I have a crap load of tattoo artists to check out.

They might be far for your range, but all of those tattoo artists have other links to other artists.

It's definitely good to do some research on some tattoo artists first before just choosing one that is the easiest.
    Without music life would be a mistake. - Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

Your thermos would fit nice in my lunchbox....

Us on hard drugs? That would be horrible. We'd probably end up sounding like Bryan Adams. - Thom Yorke

A wet, broken, cardboard box in New Yawk Shitty

Usually, at least from my experience, its not good to put the bandage back out. You should keep it on for 2-3 hours and then don't put it back on again. You just let it heal. But every artist has their own healing guide.

Word of advice...try and do what they say, otherwise they won't do a touch up. Of course you can lie and say you did...but I'm just sayin.
    Without music life would be a mistake. - Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

Your thermos would fit nice in my lunchbox....

Us on hard drugs? That would be horrible. We'd probably end up sounding like Bryan Adams. - Thom Yorke

Tattoos hurt. I am not into the whole pain thing. I prefer pleasure over pain.

I have a large Oingo Boingo tattoo on my back :-)

i use this method, found on oliver pecker's myspace:
    "1. After getting Tattooed leave the saran wrap on for a few hours before removing...this allows the tattoo the bleed out without your lymph drying and scabbing.
    2. After leaving the Tattoo shop go buy Aquaphor, anit-bacterial liquid soap, paper towels, saran wrap, scotch or medical tape, and non-scented lotion (we recommend Aveeno, Lubriderm, or Eucerin... we advise only high grade and non-scented lotions for the after Aquaphor portion of healing...Different lotions work differently on different people)...you need all these products before removing the saran wrap the first time...Aquaphor can be found in the lotion section of most drug stores...its made by Eucerin...This is the only healing ointment that we recommend...let it be known we do NOT advise or approve the use of any A & D, vaseline, tattoo goo, tat wax, H2 ocean, flim flam, snake oil, etc...
    (although A & D is used during the actual tattooing process, it is Not good for healing Tattoos)
    3. When removing the saran wrap for the first time there will be blood, ink, and lymph (clear gelital excreetion on your skin)...wash the tattooed area with HOT water (as HOT as You can stand...this will cause discomfort but will not damage the tattoo), using a damp and fresh paper towel to help pull off all the lymph, excess ink, and blood...rinse this area for a few minutes with hand and bacterial soap...This process pulls out all the elements that create thick scabs and will further the proper healing of your new tattoo
    4. Let the tattooed area air dry wiping only the wet areas around the tattoo
    5. Now apply a small dab of Aquaphor enough to cover the tattoo..rub this dab in with your fingure tips...it is key to only apply a thin layer of Aquaphor...although it is an oinment, use it as if a lotion...for example, thick gooy films are not good
    6. Now wrap the tattoo with new saran wrap and tape just like it looked when you left the tattoo shop
    7.You are going to sleep with the wrap on...this allows for your tattoo to fully bleed out and the lymph to stay moist and not bleed into your sheets...if you sleep without the wrap any hair, loose particles, sheet lent, etc. will become a part of the scab...wrapping prevents the sheets and clothing from sticking to your new tattoo and potentially ruining part of your new Tattoo...this process may make your sleep a little more uncomfortable than usual, but is a SUPER IMPORTANT KEY to SWEET healing
    8. When you wake up remove the wrap...again you will have a gooey gelatiness layer of blood, ink and lymph...use HOT water and a dampen paper towel to remove this layer of goo(do not be afraid to pull the paper towel over the tattoo...after the gooey layer is removed wash with hot water and anti-bacterial soap with your fingure tips...again let the Tattoo air dry
    9. Now it is time to apply another dab of Aquaphor to the tattoo...Again do not leave a thick film of goo...you just need enough for a thin layer to be massaged into the tattoo...if you leave a thick layer you will potentially create a trap and nest for particles to get stuck to your Tattoo
    10. Each time you wash your Tattoo for the next 48 hours reapply this small dab of Aquaphor
    11. Keep Tattoo Out of Sunlight...DO NOT touch the tattoo, and try and keep as little clothing friction such as a sock, bra straps, belts, etc away from the tattoo...DO NOT let Drunk Girls or Guys lick your Tattoo
    12. After the first 48 hours you should switch from the Aquaphor to the recommended non-scented lotion...Always wash the tattoo before applying any lotion or Aquaphor
    13. If you follow these steps you are now privy to the ULTIMATE SWEET SWEETNESS in healing your Tattoo

good luck...

...aaron, self-proclaimed and Oliver endorsed Super Sweet Tattoo Healer"

filmed for l.a. ink, but didn't make it to air Kim Saigh was my artist...
    Last edited by JustSteve; 01-24-2008 at 09:31 PM.

you should go to that LA Ink place lolz
    Quote Originally Posted by bartelby View Post
    drum circles are the dumbest fucking thing in the world

I had my leg done about a week before I just left it out in the elements and rubbed lotion on between acts and it turned out just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by NiceArthur32 View Post
    theres nothing gay about snowballing...