Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slight chance of death

Banned

Default Slight chance of death

At this years coachella. 3 days, ratm, chili peppers, big dance artists, lots of people drinking and on e, high temperatures, I predict someone is going to die.

vinylmartyr

Default Re: Slight chance of death

Lets hope not cause that might end Coachella.

What an uplifting post! Thank you for sharing! See you at Coachella buddy!

I don't think anyone is going to die, especially from a RHCP concert.

Quote Originally Posted by whynotsmile99 View Post
    What an uplifting post! Thank you for sharing! See you at Coachella buddy!
    That fits your name perfectly. Was that on purpose?

; ( . . makes me not want to go anymore....

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Quote Originally Posted by woogie846 View Post
    I don't think anyone is going to die, especially from a RHCP concert.
    yeah no chance of that even though their set is the one that caused the big WOODSTOCK RIOT! WITH FIRES AND RAPES!

No i'm not joking, here
    However, the violence truly escalated in the final hours of the concert as Red Hot Chili Peppers attempted to perform their hit "Under the Bridge". A group of peace promoters had distributed candles to those stopping at their booth during the day, intending them for a candlelight vigil to be held during the Red Hot Chili Peppers' performance. Instead, the crowd used them to ignite bonfires. After the Red Hot Chili Peppers were finished with their set, the audience was informed about "a bit of a problem". An audio delay tower caught fire, and the fire department was called in to extinguish it. In response to this, the audience started to chant the chorus to the Rock Master Scott & the Dynamic Three song The Roof Is on Fire. The lyrics go: We donīt need no water, let the motherfucker burn. Burn, motherfucker, burn. Then, the band came back on stage, and performed two more songs, which was "Sir Psycho Sexy", and a cover of the song "Fire", by Jimi Hendrix. Soon after they left the stage a riot broke out in which fences were torn down and burned, ATMs were tipped over and broken into, and vendor booths were looted, turned over, and set on fire. MTV, which had been providing live coverage, removed its entire crew. MTV host Kurt Loder described the scene in the July 27, 1999 USA Today

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    yeah no chance of that even though their set is the one that caused the big WOODSTOCK RIOT! WITH FIRES AND RAPES!

No i'm not joking, here
    However, the violence truly escalated in the final hours of the concert as Red Hot Chili Peppers attempted to perform their hit "Under the Bridge". A group of peace promoters had distributed candles to those stopping at their booth during the day, intending them for a candlelight vigil to be held during the Red Hot Chili Peppers' performance. Instead, the crowd used them to ignite bonfires. After the Red Hot Chili Peppers were finished with their set, the audience was informed about "a bit of a problem". An audio delay tower caught fire, and the fire department was called in to extinguish it. In response to this, the audience started to chant the chorus to the Rock Master Scott & the Dynamic Three song The Roof Is on Fire. The lyrics go: We donīt need no water, let the motherfucker burn. Burn, motherfucker, burn. Then, the band came back on stage, and performed two more songs, which was "Sir Psycho Sexy", and a cover of the song "Fire", by Jimi Hendrix. Soon after they left the stage a riot broke out in which fences were torn down and burned, ATMs were tipped over and broken into, and vendor booths were looted, turned over, and set on fire. MTV, which had been providing live coverage, removed its entire crew. MTV host Kurt Loder described the scene in the July 27, 1999 USA Today
    they are not distributing candles at coachella....

If you've seen anything else about that concert there were many more factors going on (high prices for water and food, no shade, poorly staffed grounds, poorly set up concert accomadations, etc.). It just wasn't RHCP.

Plus Coachella is a totally different vibe than some promoters and MTV trying to capitalize on the name Woodstock by putting on a corporate shame of a festival in the name of music allegedly...

The murder capital where we murder for capital

I still found the whole no one is gonna die at an RHCP concert amusing considering what went on at a previous RHCP festival appearance. They are one of the last bands that should be mentioned.

suck a d, people who are not stupid are going to realize this and not take e and die. Therefore, if it happens, they had it coming.

i doubt there will be any deaths, or if there were; that it would END coachella (just change it)...
    "conversation is a game of circles and i'm getting dizzy-- bye"

Member John Peel is My Co-pilot's Avatar

The only dying people will do during RHCP is of boredom...
    A teenage dream, so hard to beat...

Quote Originally Posted by John Peel is My Co-pilot View Post
    The only dying people will do during RHCP is of boredom...
    I strongly disagree. I have seen them live and they put on quite the show. Whether or not you like thier music is a different story. Because when I saw them, there songs sounded just as good, if not better than on CD. Some sounded better because they jammed, and they are all incredibly good musicians whether you like it or not. They are also very active on the stage and thier prescence engages the audience.
    So, whether you like thier music or not, they still put on a really entertaining live show. I personaly am excited to see them. When I last saw them it was a seated floor, and I was bummed. But now I can move freely and mosh to my fav Chili tunes! I hope they play lotsa stuff from Blood Sugar Sex Magik and earlier though... Doubtful, but I can dream.

P.S. I dont think anyone will die during Rages set. And no one has died cuz of E in the heat yet, so why would this year be different?

the chance of somebody dying is the same as it has been every other year.

i do wish rage was not at the end of the weekend though. now i feel like i gotta be careful how much energy i use up the first 2 days. usually im fucked out of my mind by dark every night. i dont think that will work too well this year. if it were 2 days maybe, but 3? thats pushin it.
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post

No i'm not joking, here
    Yea...but no. I see no chance of anything happening during RHCP. Rage is another story.

If you are stupid enough to die because you are outside for three days...well then you probably aren't going to last much longer anyways.

rage is going to kill someone, i'm so certain

I don't think anybody will die, but there will probably be a lot of injuries during Rage. Deaths are pretty rare at concerts, although I have seen it happen. Just last year at Street Scene at San Diego, one person died and 20 others were hospitalized when Tool played. But that was kind of the band's fault for having an over-the-top light and screen display that made it hard to see the band, causing everyone to push to the front.

I think something bad will happen too during Rage. A lot of people going are single day ticket holders so they havent been worn out by 2 previous days of walking around and seeing performances, sleep deprivation, hangovers etc etc etc. Lets hope its not 110 degrees though. I'm still going to get past all the meatheads and get in the front though so I'm not worries. I think a lot of us will be recovering form rib crushign injuries during Bjork...

Quote Originally Posted by vinylmartyr View Post
    Lets hope not cause that might end Coachella.
    Bonnaroo has had multiple fatalities multiple years and they still go on.

dying at coachella sure wouldn't be the worst way to go.

dude, like....buzzkill

Quote Originally Posted by xbnmx View Post
    Bonnaroo has had multiple fatalities multiple years and they still go on.

Let's suggest that they add this little piece of information to their website.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Banned

ahhahaha i love this board. I just posted someone was going to die because it was fucking like 90 something degrees today, and the fest is a month and a half away.

But still, if I were to guess, I would have to say some people aren't making it out of this one alive.

There is a .00000000000000000001% chance of someone dying.

This is how I imagine the front rows will look during RATM's set:

Quote Originally Posted by That70sdesperado View Post
    I don't think anybody will die, but there will probably be a lot of injuries during Rage. Deaths are pretty rare at concerts, although I have seen it happen. Just last year at Street Scene at San Diego, one person died and 20 others were hospitalized when Tool played. But that was kind of the band's fault for having an over-the-top light and screen display that made it hard to see the band, causing everyone to push to the front.
    You're an idiot, nobody died. Some people got pushed around and bruised up and the local news ran with it.

Member John Peel is My Co-pilot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    I strongly disagree. I have seen them live and they put on quite the show. Whether or not you like thier music is a different story. Because when I saw them, there songs sounded just as good, if not better than on CD. Some sounded better because they jammed, and they are all incredibly good musicians whether you like it or not. They are also very active on the stage and thier prescence engages the audience.
    So, whether you like thier music or not, they still put on a really entertaining live show. I personaly am excited to see them. When I last saw them it was a seated floor, and I was bummed. But now I can move freely and mosh to my fav Chili tunes! I hope they play lotsa stuff from Blood Sugar Sex Magik and earlier though... Doubtful, but I can dream.

P.S. I dont think anyone will die during Rages set. And no one has died cuz of E in the heat yet, so why would this year be different?

That's just it, I DO like RHCP's music - at least much of their early material. I thought they were dull live. Just my
    Don't get your hopes up for lots of BSSM, they pimp the shit out of their last couple albums...
    A teenage dream, so hard to beat...

sunday is gonna suck.
    lollipops and crisps