Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 121314151617

Thread: UNDERWORLD for Coachella 2012- Show your support!

Default Re: UNDERWORLD for Coachella 2012- Show your support!

they really are overdue for a return but if karl is touring with another group around the same time... yea doesnt look good
    Originally Posted by menikmati
    I'm locking this fucker.

Unless we get....... both. You would think that if Karl was primarily focused on this new project the idea of Underworld would be clear of the boards. And they just added that second mexico show last week.
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

- PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

I would Love to see Underworld close out the Outdoor theatre next year like they did back in 1999 but I'd take a Sahara Close just the same.

There is a giant Underworld sized hole in this lineup.

I am disapoint.

Can't put this on GV. Karl playing with a new band in Japan a few days before Coachella made it no question it wasn't going to happen. I'm actually pretty stoked for the bands they got but the electronic music department this year is lacking some star power, although I am glad they didn't really go the superstar DJ route this year.

news on Karl's tour tomorrow....
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella Bound View Post
    news on Karl's tour tomorrow....
    Damn it Karl, WE WANT UNDERWORLD.

Karl Hyde has announced a series of live shows prior to the release of his first solo album, Edgeland, due in April.

Currently rehearsing a four piece live band in deepest Essex, Karl will play a quartet of intimate gigs in major cities across the continent. We expect the gigs to sell fast so advise booking early to avoid disappointment!

The tour stops at:

Paradiso De Duif in Amsterdam on 17th April
    Tickets onsale today from - http://www.ticketmaster.nl/event/108251

Astra Kulturhaus in Berlin on 18th April
    Tickets onsale today from - http://mct.tickets.de/de/events/3428-Karl_Hyde

Ancienne Belgique in Brussels on 20th April
    Tickets onsale today from - http://www.abconcerts.be/nl/concerte...rld-20-04-2013

And at the Union Chapel in London on the 25th April.
    Tickets onsale today from – http://www.gigsandtours.com/tour/karl-hyde/

More shows and selected festival appearances will be added soon.

i guess my only hope would be seeing him at Glasto...

cool little interview on the 'Rez' remix -

The story of how Bassnectar gave the Underworld classic a new life.

UNDERWORLD

What do you think it is about “Rez” that makes even the original so timeless?

Firstly it has a joyous, celebratory sound that seems to impart positivity and good vibes whenever it's played. And secondly it doesn't sound like anything else. It didn't sound fashionable when we first released it, and it certainly wasn't made for any one scene or type of DJ like so much dance music has been over the years. Someone once said it’s the sound of a techno ice cream van coming towards you. Who doesn't like that?

What were your thoughts upon first hearing the Bassnectar mix of “Rez”?

We're always happy when someone wants to remix one of our old tracks especially if they are doing it because they love it. Lorin made it really clear the track was important in getting him involved in the dance scene so we knew he'd be coming at the remix from a good place.

Do you follow Bassnectar otherwise? What do you think of him and the American bass music scene he represents?

We've been aware of Bassnectar for some time as one of the big names on the American scene, and knew he was into dub as we are. We couldn't say we have much knowledge of the bass music scene per se, but we've seen a few of the acts at festivals and DJs around the world. Some we like, some we don't .

As icons of festival culture, what do you think of the U.S.'s latest take on it?

What’s happening in the U.S. must be pretty exciting to everyone involved. It's bigger than disco, so we're told, and like disco you've got the full spectrum of music, acts and DJs from Larry Levan and the Paradise Garage, to Bony M and “Saturday Night Fever.” To us it’s a continuation of something we've loved for many years: EDM, electronica, EBM, rave, whatever. Some of it's great and some of it's trash, but if it makes you move...

The 15th anniversary of “Trainspotting” just passed. Any reflections on 15 years of the "Born Slippy" breakthrough?

The 15th anniversary of “Trainspotting” doesn't really affect us the same way as it does some people. We were getting on at that point anyway! We realize it was significant for many people especially in the U.S. because around that time the whole electronica thing was breaking and loads of new people were getting turned on to the scene and the culture. We're really happy to have been part of that and hope we are fondly remembered, because we have only happy memories of gigs up mountains, and DJs like Liquid Todd and Jason Bentley and all the smiling faces who came to see us.

for Bassnectar's side -

http://www.billboard.com/articles/co...ing?page=0%2C0