Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: dB Festival

Default Re: dB Festival

Nice. I'd be down. I really hope we get some Lukid:

I've wanted to see this guy for a while. Twould be a good move if they booked him.

I think I'm glad they're doing this an-artist-a-day thing. It gives me something to look forward to every morning.

yea i'm becoming a fan of it... It would be something totally different if it was say coachella or any other indie/alternative festival for that matter. being a boutique electronic festival, it gives me time to explore these unknown artists. One thing I hate about my festival going self is just how many AMAZING acts I've skipped because of my ignorance and their low placement on the poster/lineup. You guys would pelt me with eggs if you knew the coachella acts i've skipped....

lets just say I didn't see Aphex Twin in '08....because.... i was with my bitch of a girlfriend at santogold. Yes I was aware of Aphex Twin at the time..i just... fuck, no excuses, I'm a total dipshit
    Rhythm is a dancer.

It's ok dude... girlfriends fuck everything up. I missed all but the last song of Whitest Boy Alive because of my girl. So fucked up.

My girlfriend made me watch The Kooks in 2007 instead of Grizzly Bear. I feel your pain guys.

Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post
    It's ok dude... girlfriends fuck everything up. I missed all but the last song of Whitest Boy Alive because of my girl. So fucked up.
    dude... DUDE!

So I get done with Prince (same year, '08) and I go to the parking lot with to meet up with my girlfriend and go back to our condo. No car. She fucking left me and my buddy at the festival, went home and went to sleep. My phone was dead, as was my friends (we weren't with each other). and we both had EPIC returns home. He actually hitch hiked his way to Palm Springs, got in around 4am, scaled the wall of the community in which our condo was located, and absolutely destroyed his miniscus coming down. We had to take him to the hospital. I fucking hitchhiked to a hotel outside of palm springs, had to get on fucking facebook to find peoples' phonenumbers, got wasted with some brits and eventually found my way home around 5am.

she hadn't even realized she had left us... fucking mushrooms

Instant break up.
    Rhythm is a dancer.

Now that is actually fucked up. She didn't realize she left her boyfriend?

Your return story is hilarious though hahahaha. I can't even believe that... What was she thinking the whole car ride when she was alone hahahaha

She's a complete fucking moron. But she's really hot... She truly had no idea what had happened. I mean who the fuck skips Prince? dumbshits, thats who
    Rhythm is a dancer.

Alright guys so I'm currently scheduling the flights for my girlfriend and I for this and I want to know what would be a good time to arrive to the city on the 28th? I figure stuff doesn't get started till late that day?

Todays artist is Green Velvet/Cajmere.

http://www.dbfestival.com/green-velvet/

Quote Originally Posted by ficklecycle View Post
    Alright guys so I'm currently scheduling the flights for my girlfriend and I for this and I want to know what would be a good time to arrive to the city on the 28th? I figure stuff doesn't get started till late that day?
    There's an opening reception thing that starts at like 5pm. If I were you I'd get in at like noon at the latest so you can settle in, walk around, grub it up and make the reception.

It was actually really really fun. Tons of hands out, live music and really awesome people.
    Rhythm is a dancer.

old school

I really hope Green Velvet is in a venue that isn't 21+

sadly I don't see him playing anywhere but Neumos
    Rhythm is a dancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurgasm View Post
    dude... DUDE!

So I get done with Prince (same year, '08) and I go to the parking lot with to meet up with my girlfriend and go back to our condo. No car. She fucking left me and my buddy at the festival, went home and went to sleep. My phone was dead, as was my friends (we weren't with each other). and we both had EPIC returns home. He actually hitch hiked his way to Palm Springs, got in around 4am, scaled the wall of the community in which our condo was located, and absolutely destroyed his miniscus coming down. We had to take him to the hospital. I fucking hitchhiked to a hotel outside of palm springs, had to get on fucking facebook to find peoples' phonenumbers, got wasted with some brits and eventually found my way home around 5am.

she hadn't even realized she had left us... fucking mushrooms

Instant break up.

Wow. Just wow. Made you miss Aphex and then left you stranded there? That has to be the lamest fucking girlfriend I've ever heard of. I don't care how hot she is, she needs a fucking brain implant. I'm sorry man, I hope you have had better luck since.

lets just say I didn't see Aphex Twin in '08....because.... i was with my bitch of a girlfriend at santogold. Yes I was aware of Aphex Twin at the time..i just... fuck, no excuses, I'm a total dipshit
    AHHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH,
    please never speak from a place of authority on IDM, EDM, or any of the associated genres, thanks.

Some people I was with wanted to watch Goldfrapp of some bullshit but I told them to go fuck themselves and watched Richard D. James destroy.

Quote Originally Posted by hangthedj112 View Post
    please never speak from a place of authority on IDM, EDM, or any of the associated genres, thanks.

Some people I was with wanted to watch Goldfrapp of some bullshit but I told them to go fuck themselves and watched Richard D. James destroy.
    Cool story bro. Yea it was a sacrifice, my first and last of any Coachella. But I'm not trippin, I'd seen him in Europe twice before.
    Rhythm is a dancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurgasm View Post
    I'd seen him in Europe twice before.
    This is always a great card to pull haha. Just a little subtle fuck you.

haha seriously. dude can brag all he wants about the paltry hour long dj set he caught at coachella.

I've heard the set, seen the dvd, wish I had caught it, but ya know what... I don't give a fuck. It is absolutely nothing like the long drawn out sonic journeys he goes on in stand alone shows.
    Last edited by Aurgasm; 05-19-2011 at 10:27 AM.
    Rhythm is a dancer.

HOLY FUCK

http://www.dbfestival.com/holy-fuck/

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyway...back to the matter at hand:

HOLY FUCK! what a great add!

edit: ok, i fucking dig this style of lineup release. Sure, i'd like it all at once. But this is something fun to look forward to every day.
    Last edited by Aurgasm; 05-19-2011 at 11:02 AM.
    Rhythm is a dancer.

Exactly. Especially when the surprises can be this great. I have not been let down by one artist announcement!

Wow, Holy Fuck is going to be soooo good.

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

Holy Fuck, nice. Their live show has got progressively better every time I've seen them.

Quote Originally Posted by hangthedj112 View Post

Not to be a dick (ok, I'm totally going to be a dick) but his Coachella '08 show doesn't hold a candle to what he's been doing lately. So would it suck to miss an Aphex show? Sure, always. But it wasn't the worst one to miss.
    Last edited by boarderwoozel3; 05-19-2011 at 12:53 PM.

How amazing would it be if today's artist announcement went something like this...

"After last night's amazing show at the Tractorn Tavern, we are pleased to announced that James Blake will be returning to Seattle for Decibel Festival 2011!"

Yeah, I'd die.

James Blake

No thanks.
    Rhythm is a dancer.

Ulrich Schnauss and Holy Fuck are both awesome. Really need to find a way to this festival.

Passes are still at $130 for the 5 days, you should definitely look into it!

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

Ha. Cat already being out of the bag I'd say it's a safe bet the next announcement is Mad Professor.

Quote Originally Posted by ficklecycle View Post
    Passes are still at $130 for the 5 days, you should definitely look into it!
    I know... and I could book a flight from San Diego for just $230 round trip...

How much are you estimating the whole thing will cost you?

We should be able to get round trip from LA for about $200, still looking into hotels and what not though since that might be a little pricey.

I'm considering just convincing my girlfriend that we should stay in a hostel since it'd be muuuuch cheaper. It's a long trip, and we're going to be needing that money we'd be blowing on hotel for living expenses for the week.