Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1318

Thread: dB Festival

Default Re: dB Festival

its almost time

8^)
    Rhythm is a dancer.

old school

My tuesday courses are going to drag by. But you know what? Come Wednesday at noon I will be in Seattle. Decibel, you are so close.

some good questions in the dB group about Optical.

If anyone knows about the seating, ticketing arrangements for pass holders (ie do we make reservations?), please post. I'm trying not to bug (directly anyway) the organizers.
    Rhythm is a dancer.

I'm really surprised they haven't publicly addressed that yet (or at least in a visible way). You'd think a lot of people would be wondering the same thing. The Triple Door showcases have been concerning me, but I guess the Broadway Performance Hall also has really limited seating?

first come first serve. but you can give names at the door for group seating.
    Rhythm is a dancer.

Man, the differences in set times between the dB showcase pages and the PDF are really frustrating. Is it too much to expect them to sort this out before the festival starts? A half hour difference may not seem like much, but that could mean actually getting to catch some more sets...

Anybody still need a pass? We have a friend selling one at face.

And chia- what discrepancies do you speak of?
    Rhythm is a dancer.

It looks like they have corrected some of them, but for some of the showcases, the times on the PDF schedule are different than the times listed on the individual showcase pages on the dB site. Like, up to 30 minutes off. I can't remember which ones... the Modern Love ones were different but those have been corrected, it seems. Here's hoping the PDF ones are right, since those work better. :P

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

Aaaaargh that's gonna throw off my spreadsheet and I don't want to update it. I'm sticking with website times.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

Yea I went through and re-did mine last night because a lot of the times had changed (a lot of them are just 10 min different).

Couple venue changes too so everyone just double check!

I know Icee Hot was changed then changed again and Global Selektors 1 changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    I would rather have an auctioneer mc DnB sets

Looks like Actress is out due to visa issues. Nosaj Thing is the replacement.

That was sort of expected, but a huge disappointment nonetheless.

Wow, no Actress is a major bummer. Does anyone know if the Decible App accurate? Im flying out tonight and still need to pack. Staying with a couple of friends who are going to the festival and showing me around during the downtime. Anything [food especially] that the locals recommend?

There are tons and tons of great restaurants in Seattle. Your friends should surely have some recommendations. Anything specific you were interested in?

Yeah, if you have some genres or locations or price points in mind I can direct you to good options.
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

Staying near Volunteer Park, so anything around there or Capitol Hill. Anything goes, if it's good I'll eat it. Also maybe some late night spots to eat at would be helpful.

How was this expected? His visa was on fine order just three months ago. This year's Schnauss and Mcde
    Rhythm is a dancer.

There aren't too many places open all night, but the 5 Point (diner) is 24 hours and pretty close to Re-Bar (good choice for after parties after food). Let's see...for late night on the Hill (till at least midnight, some are till 3ish): Hot Mama's, Tacos Gringos, Rancho Bravo, any of the hot dog carts, Cafe Presse (their croque madames are bomb at midnight), Big Mario's, Dick's (gross), Li'l Woody's, Pike Street Fish Fry, and all of our bars are required to serve food but I would check beforehand because some of them close their kitchens around 11.

For brunch near you: Volunteer Park Cafe or Monsoon. For food closer to the rest of the junk going on: Dinette, Cafe Presse, Quinn's, HoneyHole, Annapurna, Ba Bar, Saley, Taylor Shellfish, Tacos Chukis, Spinasse, In the Bowl, Marination Station, Barrio (only for brunch) are some of my regular spots.

Also Highline for yummy vegan diner food. Cafe Flora is a bus or drive away but they're also all vegetarian/vegan and they're pretty bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurgasm View Post
    How was this expected? His visa was on fine order just three months ago. This year's Schnauss and Mcde
    Because on the 20th his Brooklyn show was cancelled for the same reason.
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.

Strange. He had no problems in May and I dont recall any prior shows.

OH WELL. I was going o likely miss him anyway.
    Rhythm is a dancer.

Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    There aren't too many pla
    ces open all night, but the 5 Point (diner) is 24 hours and pretty close to Re-Bar (good choice for after parties after food). Let's see...for late night on the Hill (till at least midnight, some are till 3ish): Hot Mama's, Tacos Gringos, Rancho Bravo, any of the hot dog carts, Cafe Presse (their croque madames are bomb at midnight), Big Mario's, Dick's (gross), Li'l Woody's, Pike Street Fish Fry, and all of our bars are required to serve food but I would check beforehand because some of them close their kitchens around 11.

For brunch near you: Volunteer Park Cafe or Monsoon. For food closer to the rest of the junk going on: Dinette, Cafe Presse, Quinn's, HoneyHole, Annapurna, Ba Bar, Saley, Taylor Shellfish, Tacos Chukis, Spinasse, In the Bowl, Marination Station, Barrio (only for brunch) are some of my regular spots.
    Thanks that's perfect. I like the party>food>after party idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurgasm View Post
    Expected in the sense that we were talking about it last week after his New York show got cancelled. It seemed unlikely that it would sort out in a week.
    MCDE... SMH. Still haven't caught that one since the shows always get cancelled.

So... is everyone ready for tonight?? I still have to work a full day (and have hangover creeping up on me from last night). Can't wait for SLOW HANDS.
    Last edited by chiapet; 09-26-2012 at 06:50 AM.

I have no idea how I'm going to stay awake after the Optical tonight. Also I cut my finger at 1:30 making a sandwich last night, so clearly if its past midnight I'm a hazard to myself.

Moral of the story: if you must have a sandwich after midnight, make it a pb&j.

Also I am sad about Actress.

I have no hangover after all! However, I'm starving and wish I'd listened to Daniella about getting groceries before I started drinking last night.

Already kinda losing steam about going all the way downtown for the Optical, but I'm trying to remind myself of all the amazing stuff we'll be seeing just tonight.

Yeah, what is everyone doing tonight? I want to see Slow Hands and Appleblim, but I'm also interested in bvdub and Monolake...not sure how to arrange my schedule

Once my brother and Matt wake up we're gonna head down to get our wristbands. I'm gonna pitch to Matt that he go to Optical and see about a booth/putting our names in so the rest of us can catch most of Demdike Stare's performance. I have friends flying in at 9 so I'm leaving Optical early, getting them, taking them to get their wristbands then depending on the time/how we feel will go to Cyanwave/bvdub, maybe stop by Baltic for a minute, then end up at Appleblim > FaltyDL.

My allergies better chill the fuck out soon.

I'm going to go get my wristband and probably do a grocery/booze run after work. I want to see Henke at the Optical showcase but don't want to wait around for hours there... I am almost leaning towards skipping the Optical and going to the kickoff party, dinner, and then showcases.

For tonight, I'm planning to do Slow Hands & Appleblim -> Monolake. Corinna, I was planning on jumping in a cab after about 20-30 minutes of Appleblim's set. Not anticipating any capacity problems with Monolake since it's Wednesday.