Page 35 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1318

Thread: dB Festival

old school

Default Re: dB Festival

Go work in North Dakota for a few months SD. Save up and then conquer the world!

I might have to go to this instead of Coachella next year. This lineup... damn.

Just bought my ticket. Hellz yeah.

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

Rad. More strangers to party with!
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

sweeet.

Sorry to hear that Patrick. Sounds like you made a good choice though. STAY FOCUSED
    Rhythm is a dancer.

Rhythm is a dancer.

They are really stacking each day. This looks interesting but how difficult will it be to still get a spot for Optical at Triple Door after...
    http://dbfestival.com/showcase/?db_f...la_vampire_nue
    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    I would rather have an auctioneer mc DnB sets

I feel like it won't be possible, but maybe I'm overestimating the draw for Henke (or how many people will make it out on a weeknight). From the way the Triple Door policies read, I don't think even having a reserved seat ticket there would help. Hopefully they'll address those questions soon....

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    They are really stacking each day. This looks interesting but how difficult will it be to still get a spot for Optical at Triple Door after...
    http://dbfestival.com/showcase/?db_f...la_vampire_nue
    Fuck yes...
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    I love when people huff an 8 ball and then come on here to show off what they think they know about Stanley Kubrick.

Wow that is going to be awesome. Looking forward to the Liquid Music screening as well.

http://www.xlr8r.com/contests/2012/0...-festival-2012

This is looking at you, SoulDischarge.

Ha. Nice. Thanks. I'll enter, why not, but I'm hitting VIA festival in Pittsburgh so my Decibel woes are in remission.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

I made a spreadsheet blocking out showcase times/locations, just in case any of you on here aren't in the facebook group. I did not include shows that require an additional ticket outside the pass - so no boat parties or after hours.
    Last edited by miscorrections; 08-28-2012 at 05:45 PM.
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

^ thanks I was failing at trying to make one myself

I'm really torn on the Robag Wruhme v. Demdike Stare conflict on Thursday. I havent seen either and really like what live sets I've heard from Demdike Stare but Robag's Thora Vukk was one of my top albums last year and this year's Olgamikks was great on first listen (just stumbled upon it on Spotify yesterday). I know Robag's set is not live but I still want to hear what he plays.
    Last edited by lt.roast.a.botch; 08-29-2012 at 01:14 AM.

Is it time to accept that there won't be a Robag after hours?

lt.roast - why not go to dB Films 1 for some live Demdike Stare? I know it won't be the same as their dB showcase set but at least you'll get to catch them.

I think I am going to attend that film instead of Optical 1. I do want to see Demdike Stare but also since they pushed the schedule back for Optical, I would have to bail early to get my friends at the airport. I decided that I can't let them take a cab or car service, even if I pay for it, they are too close of friends to not pick them up myself.
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.

I really want to see Henke's optical. I want to see everything. That's the problem.

I think I'm doing Optical 1 instead of the film and I'm doing film 2 instead of Optical 2. But yeah, Demdike vs. Robag is a sucky conflict. I'll probably end up at Demdike, though, so I don't have to get to and fro Re-Bar.

And thank god XLR8R and Raster-Noton are really close, it should be possible to run back and forth on Friday.

FWIW, the demdike live scoring was really quite mediocre here in oakland... so if you run up on conflicts...

oh, and fucking Eleh was added to the Touch showcase... so I will now be attending that one. never thought I would get a chance to see him. definitely the artist i'm most excited about seeing.

ah, i see.... eleh took fennesz' place. too bad he had to drop out, still a big plus as far as I'm concerned.
    Last edited by wmgaretjax; 08-29-2012 at 08:37 AM.

I'm really interested to check out that Broadway Performance Hall. Never been, but it should be quite nice.

Quote Originally Posted by wmgaretjax View Post
    FWIW, the demdike live scoring was really quite mediocre here in oakland... so if you run up on conflicts...
    Sigh... Ok maybe I will just leave Optical 1 early then. I rather see all of Brock Van Wey and half of Robert Henke than all of a mediocre Demdike Stare live scoring of a horror erotic vampire movie.

I talked to someone the other night that said Robag isn't very good which made me feel a little better about missing him.. But you never know. I will be at the Modern Love showcase for sure though. Andy Stott is my #1 act to see all weekend.

That fucking blows that Fennesz dropped out... Do you have any recommendations for Eleh releases to check out wmgaretjax?

I'd heard good things from the LA show of that movie score, but when I say good things, I mean I heard it was "fun", not like... stellar music. Demdike Stare live is great. I think seeing them twice in a festival is excessive, so if there are conflicts to be had (and there are), I'd lean towards skipping the film and seeing their showcase set.

I'm trying to figure out whether I'd have time to see a bit of the film and then go to Optical 1.

Location Momentum would be the easiest to get into I'd wager... Also the Floating Frequencies/Intuitive Synthesis boxset.

Video of Q Nightclub's new Funktion One and LED lights posted by dB looks awesome. Ripperton and Dixon should be a fun one there.

Quote Originally Posted by wmgaretjax View Post

oh, and fucking Eleh was added to the Touch showcase... so I will now be attending that one. never thought I would get a chance to see him. definitely the artist i'm most excited about seeing.

ah, i see.... eleh took fennesz' place. too bad he had to drop out, still a big plus as far as I'm concerned.
    I saw Eleh on the schedule and kind of couldn't believe my eyes. That really sucks about Fennesz since who knows when I'll get to see him, but I agree that this is a great consolation prize.

Did Demdike score the same film when you saw them? I love the thought of them scoring a Rollin film but if it's mediocre, I might reconsider. Then again, naked vampires....
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    I love when people huff an 8 ball and then come on here to show off what they think they know about Stanley Kubrick.

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    Is it time to accept that there won't be a Robag after hours?

lt.roast - why not go to dB Films 1 for some live Demdike Stare? I know it won't be the same as their dB showcase set but at least you'll get to catch them.

I think I am going to attend that film instead of Optical 1. I do want to see Demdike Stare but also since they pushed the schedule back for Optical, I would have to bail early to get my friends at the airport. I decided that I can't let them take a cab or car service, even if I pay for it, they are too close of friends to not pick them up myself.
    im going to try and do both...

Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    I really want to see Henke's optical. I want to see everything. That's the problem.
    samesies

Quote Originally Posted by Natelevmofuggaz View Post
    I talked to someone the other night that said Robag isn't very good which made me feel a little better about missing him.. But you never know. I will be at the Modern Love showcase for sure though. Andy Stott is my #1 act to see all weekend.

That fucking blows that Fennesz dropped out... Do you have any recommendations for Eleh releases to check out wmgaretjax?
    who the fuck told you Robag isnt good? Punch that person in the dick
    Rhythm is a dancer.

Conference info is announced!

http://dbfestival.com/2012/09/introd...el-conference/

Eager for them to actually announce the panels.
    Last edited by chiapet; 09-07-2012 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurgasm View Post
    im going to try and do both...

samesies

who the fuck told you Robag isnt good? Punch that person in the dick
    Well they said he wasn't a good dj. I know - I had the same reaction.

Stoked for the conferences ^_^