Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3738394041424344 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1319

Thread: dB Festival

Coachella Junkie

Default Re: dB Festival

Yea, I'm really, really disappointed by that news. I don't really like the venues they have announced so far. Like you said, it's not just the venues being poor, but also that it will be much more difficult to move between two or more showcases during the night (I can't help but wonder if this was intended to discourage people from doing so).

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

Not wild on the showcases being spread throughout the city. Super wild about the official after-hours being included in the pass this year and in convenient locations.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

This Speedy J/Max Cooper/Derek Plaslaiko after hours is rad and all but what is this? Doors at 2am / all ages w/ 18+ wah.
    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    I would rather have an auctioneer mc DnB sets

Yeah, if there's no booze (which: after-hours), all ages is usually a given.
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

I could've sworn they were 21+ before. Do you guys think Speedy J/Max/Derek will also play a regular showcase or just the after-hours?
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.

Q is 21+ during normal operation but after-hours they always switch to 18+ 'cause the bar is closed. I would HOPE at least one of those is in a showcase at Q, instead of just after-hours, but obvs. we will have to wait and see.

How early should I plan on getting to Nils Frahm & Olafur Arnalds? Heard last year it was packed early. Will getting there at doors be fine or should I plan on queuing up a little before? Determined to make this one.

Last year they were having major issues with running late at a lot of shows. Nils' show was at Broadway Performance Hall and I think doors were over an hour late to open, may have been more. I think arriving at Nordstrom a little before doors will be alright this year though. The capacity at Nordstrom is larger as well.

Coachella Junkie

I think you'd be fine getting there when doors open. The two prior years, we got there after doors had opened, and were still able to get half a dozen seats together.

Doors open it is.

Was checking out the fb event for dB and saw that they have the showcase sponsors up. One in particular I don't think they have announced any artists yet was for the Hessel Audio Showcase. I'm guessing Ben UFO, Pangaea, and/or Pearson Sound will be announced August 6th. I would be particularly happy with Ben UFO.

Also see there will be a Tri Angle showcase. Would be really cool if they were able to bring out Vessel.

Coachella Junkie

I would love a re-do on the Hessle Audio showcase :P

Quote Originally Posted by lt.roast.a.botch View Post
    Also see there will be a Tri Angle showcase.
    Oh please let The Haxan Cloak be part of this.

Tomorrow we get the full lineup. The fb page keeps saying this is the biggest announcement in festival program history. Any guesses who they could add?

Coachella Junkie

Sean Horton: [dBx artist announcement on KEXP] I'll be on KEXP 90.3 tomorrow at 8AM PST previewing the 10th Annual Decibel Festival lineup. Major announcements tomorrow including our headliners (46 new artist announcements, 25 new showcase announcements). Tune into 90.3 in Seattle or online at http://kexp.org/ (live audio stream).
    ^^ Couldn't be more excited.

I can't believe that they still haven't announced the headliners. (I'd just assumed some of the bigger names on the lineup were the headliners for the festival).

Holy crap I can't wait!!

First timer for the festival. Are there chances of not getting into shows with the pass? How is priority given to people with hard tickets vs passholders?

Any advice is helpful!

Moby added as a headliner.

Flosstradamus, Green Velvet, Zola Jesus, Art Department too.
    Last edited by invisiblerobots; 08-06-2013 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by invisiblerobots View Post
    Moby added as a headliner.

Flosstradamus, Green Velvet, Zola Jesus, Art Department too.
    Plus Nicolas Jaar with a brand new av/light show!

Coachella Junkie

Missed the announcement, but thanks to unknown for pointing out it's posted on KEXP's blog:

http://blog.kexp.org/2013/08/06/deci...-final-lineup/

Moby – DJ set (US) // Nicolas Jaar feat. Tarik Barri (US / CL / NL) // Zedd (DE) // The Orb (UK / DE) // Flosstradamus (US) // Art Department (Kenny Glasgow) (CA) // Lorde (NZ) // Peter Hook & The Light performing Power, Corruption & Lies and Movement (UK) // Neon Indian – DJ set (US) // Ben Klock (DE) // Diamond Version feat. Alva Noto & Byetone (DE) // Green Velvet (US) // Gold Panda (UK) // Speedy J feat. Scott Pagano (NL / US) // Little Boots (UK) // Wax Tailor (FR) // Machinedrum Vapor City Live (US / DE) // Henrik Schwarz (DE) // XXYYXX (US) // Cajmere (US) // Zola Jesus feat. JG Thirlwell & The Minos Quartet (US / AU) // Aeroplane (BE) // Olafur Arnalds (IS) // Derrick Carter (US) // Mount Kimbie (UK) // JETS (US / DE) // The Martinez Brothers (US) // Shabazz Palaces (US) // Nosaj Thing (UK) // Hauschka (DE) // Ame (DE) // Blockhead (US) // Alex Metric (UK) // Actress (UK) // KiNK (BG) // Kode9 (UK) // Dusky (UK) // Jimmy Edgar (US / DE) // Ben UFO (UK) // Cyril Hahn (CH / CA) // Pearson Sound (UK) // Juan Atkins (US) // PillowTalk (US) // Maxxi Soundsystem (UK) // Matias Aguayo (CL / DE) // The Helio Sequence (US) // Little People (CH / UK) // Max Cooper (UK) // Ryan Hemsworth (CA) // Phaeleh (UK) // Nils Frahm (DE) // Mano Le Tough (IE / DE) // Oren Ambarchi (AU) // Tim Green (UK) // Ikonika (UK) // Slow Magic (US) // Thomas Fehlmann (DE) // Teebs (US) // Tiger & Woods (IT) // THEESatisfaction (US) // Kyle Hall (US) // Shigeto (US) // John Tejada (US) // Midland (UK) // Lapalux (UK) // Dirty Beaches (CA) // OLIVER (US) // ADULT. (US) // Lorn (US) // Waifs & Strays (UK) // Ejeca (IE) // Giraffage (US) // Evian Christ (UK) // MNDR (US) // Teen Daze (CA) // The Loops of Fury (US) // Axel Boman (SE) // Young Galaxy (CA) // DJ Rashad (US) // Lusine (US) // Light Asylum (US) // Gent & Jawns (US) // Pezzner (US) // Pangaea (UK) // Vessel (UK) // Beacon (US) // Timeboy (US) // Oliveray (DE / US) // The Sight Below (US) // Haxan Cloak (US) // ODESZA (US) // Light Year (AU) // Dauwd (UK) // Natasha Kmeto (US) // Tomas Barfod (DK) // Blondes (US) // Henry Krinkle (CN / US) // Raime (UK) // Luke Abbott (UK) // Peter Broderick (US / DE) // Big Black Delta (US) // Archie Pelago (US) // Nick Monaco (US) // Astronomar (US) // Kid Smpl (US) // J. Alvarez (US) // Pharmakon (US) // Natural Magic (US) // MORRI$ (US) // Kingdom Crumbs (US) // DJ Dials vs. DJ Bogl (US) // Nightmare Fortress (US) // DJAO (US) // Av Neesh (SG) // D Tiberio (US) // Ghost Feet (US) // Jimi Jaxon (US) // Brandy Gray (US) // Tracer (US) // Vox Mod (US) // Zachariah Walker (UK) // Joel Pryde (US) // Leo Mayberry (US) // Domokos (US) // Baryonyx (US) // Riff-Raff (US) + MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED

Yes.

So excited!

Also covered during the interview is that there will be a mini film festival, live film scoring to silent films, a poster art show, and of course boat parties. Zola Jesus will be with GJ Thirlwell and a string quartet at The Triple Door.

Quote Originally Posted by Norwalkguy View Post
    First timer for the festival. Are there chances of not getting into shows with the pass? How is priority given to people with hard tickets vs passholders?

Any advice is helpful!
    I have never had a problem getting into shows with the pass. I wouldn't worry.
    Last edited by unknown; 08-06-2013 at 08:16 AM.

Coachella Junkie

I believe single show ticket holders have priority, then festival pass holders, then people buying tickets at the door. I've also never had a problem getting into a show with a pass. The exception is the seated shows (opticals) which do have a more limited capacity.

Huh, I always thought it was just kinda first come first serve to capacity. They make a point to tell both pass and ticket holders to show up on time to showcases if they want to be guaranteed entry.

Whatever though, I've never had any difficulty getting into a showcase.

Wow really surprised to see Diamond Version on the lineup. I remember looking up their schedule and I didn't think it was possible. They were probably my favorite at Melt! but they had their set cut to 1hr because the stage was running late. Excited to see Ben UFO, Pearson Sound AND Pangea and Vessel!! Will need to take a closer look at this during lunch.

Just saw on the website that Chop Suey is one of the venues. How is that space?

Chop Suey is alright. It's pretty small and it gets seriously fucking hot in there.

All six afters are solid. Going to be fun hopping back and forth between them.

I was really hoping for Tri Angle to be at rebar. I don't care for Chop Suey and I'm still pretty disappointed with some of the venues they're using. On the bright side though, rebar does have dB on their calendar Thurs-Sun so maybe some stuff will pop up there.

Coachella Junkie

Yea, the venue choices are really disappointing, especially after seeing how the showcases are broken down. The only upside I can see is that the "official" after hours, being a block apart, will hopefully make it easy to see some of both.

I am kind of worried that a lot of what I want to see looks to be the opening act of the showcases... spread all the fuck over seattle.

Yeah, I'm unhappy with some of the scheduling. As much awesome shit as there is it looks like I might not actually end up seeing all that much...because I'm sure as fuck never wasting my time going to Showbox SoDo and even the Croc is pretty inconvenient (except in relation to Showbox Market/Benaroya/Triple Door).