Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 363738394041424344 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1318

Thread: dB Festival

Default Re: dB Festival

$200 + fees, on sale Friday. I saw 10AM PT somewhere but can't find that now so not sure of the time.

First round of announcements April 16

old school

Excellent news!

Probably gonna fuggit and just buy my ticket Friday.
    LOL! <33
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    Great advertising strategy for her vagina though! As if having a vagina weren't all a vagina needed. Now introducing the Lustful Scorned Lover scent, by RSW.

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

1/3 of the lineup today! SO. STOKED.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

Oh, man. Yes.

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

I am all about this. Probably going to be the most exciting US festival lineup to me this year.

Isn't it always? It's so unique...it's nice to have a festival where it's not the same 30-80 bands everyone else has.

Yes, I completely agree, Corinna. It's so varied and interesting!

On fb-
    Decibel: Please keep in mind this is the first of three announcements and dare we say the lightest.

Sean Horton
    Doh, we forgot to mention one of our headliners in today's Decibel Festival. It gives me great pleasure to announce that one of the most influential electronic music projects in history will be one of this year's headliners. Ladies and gentlemen The Orb!!!

hahaha they forgot
    Last edited by unknown; 04-16-2013 at 01:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    I would rather have an auctioneer mc DnB sets

old school

The Orb!!! That makes me happy, good memories of 2009.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

the orb. hmm.

So so so excited for this. The Orb is a great start.

Now..we just need a little Moderat.

balamo, i'm in for round 2! can't wait to see what is in store for the 10 year anniversary

Hauschka and Peter Broderick should be great.

So I've never been to this but I think I'm gonna go this year. Line up is sick so far and that's only a third of it.

I don't know whether I should buy the full festival pass though. It seems pretty expensive compared to when I look at the average ticket prices for the individual parties. Do all of you guys buy the full pass? It seems nice to just have total freedom to jump around but it doesn't seem like it would really be cheaper than just getting advance tickets to all the parties you wanna go to.

Thanks

Depends. If you plan on only going to the smaller showcases and staying there then buying individually is the way to go. Also remember this is a Wed-Sun festival so if you plan on going all 5 days its not hard to get your money's worth especially if you want the flexibility to hop around to opticals and different showcases. The headliners are more expensive then the smaller showcases IIRC. I think the Showcases average around $20 separately. Orbital was something like $40+.

I can't wait to watch my entire face melt off of my skull and drip down to the floor [Moderat].
    LOL! <33
    Great advertising strategy for her vagina though! As if having a vagina weren't all a vagina needed. Now introducing the Lustful Scorned Lover scent, by RSW.

I think there are quite a few of us who purchased the pre-sales for $150 which is a fucking bargain. The Optical showcases are around $30, last year there were 5, so already there's our pass. Add in the ability to hop around to different showcases each night. Last year, I was surprised by how much I got to catch since some showcases began earlier (doors at 8, shows at 9), while others started later (10pm or later due to a lot of showcases running behind). If you don't care to attend the Opticals and just want to catch 1 or 2 shows max per night, then individual tickets are probably the better option.

Devin - pretty sure Moderat is out. They have a Berlin show on the 29th.
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.

Just saw on my Spotify feed that Sean Horton started a '10th Annual Decibel Festival: Best Of' playlist. I know it's too early but man can't wait to return. As much fun as I had last year, I feel like I could do it better now.

http://open.spotify.com/user/decibel...BgYBuA7fhQrqbU

I cryz.
    LOL! <33

Maybe late add FYF. Sean said they "love Moderat".
    LOL! <33

interesting I just noticed that New Order is on his list which was not in the Phase I announcement. I wonder if that is a confirmation...

Quote Originally Posted by lt.roast.a.botch View Post
    interesting I just noticed that New Order is on his list which was not in the Phase I announcement. I wonder if that is a confirmation...
    It's probably because Peter Hook is on the lineup.

ugh duh...

phase II

Yes! Blondes confirmed per Facebook inquiry.

Excellent about Blondes! I love their new album.

I'm kind of bummed that a few of the venues in cap. hill won't be used this year. It was so nice/easy to go from Baltic to Melrose market last year. Curious to see how the scheduling turns out, especially with more shows taking place at SODO this year which just seems far! dB posted that there will be 4 shows there this year and 5 at Market. Also, there are some more venues to be announced (hopefully rebar is on that list, love that place) and sounds like a chunk of after-parties will be included w/the wristband this year (held at neumos and Q).

I never made it to the triple door, crocodile or sodo last year. Since those are all ages maybe they will place the Zedds of the lineup there for the weekend. No complaints if so as they have to sell tickets to bring some of these acts overseas.

Too bad about Baltic as it was a perfect opener spot due to its central location but it was a little small and they did have technical problems last year if I remember correct. Melrose will be great for Ben Clock (assuming that is where he will be placed) but sucks you have to go next door to get a drink but not a big deal if planned right. ReBar was great and I want to spend more time there if they use that venue again. Also glad they are including some of the after-parties in the tix prices. Now just need to figure a way to keep the buzz going until morning.

Edit: nm about Melrose as that is not a venue for 2013
    Last edited by lt.roast.a.botch; 07-09-2013 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Read facebook

Here is what they posted:
    We actually increased the capacity of the festival by adding more events at Showbox Market (5 nights instead of 4) and Showbox Sodo (4 nights instead of 1). We're also hosting after hours at Neumos and Q this year (Thurs, Sat and Sun), which is a first (e.g. normally after hours are separately ticketed events). We're also bringing back the Nordstrom Recital Hall for the OPTICAL events this year, which is double the capacity of BPH. We do have more venues that we'll be adding in the coming weeks, but we can say that Melrose, Baltic Room and Paramount will not be on that list.

So far some of my must-sees are at places I don't really care for and/or are all ages. wah. Lapalux, Actress, and Dauwd at Crocodile. Gold Panda and Luke Abbott at Neumos. I guess part of my disappointment not only stems from the venues not being that great - whether it be sound or crowd issues, but they are just SO SPREAD OUT. I am glad that they didn't include rebar on that list, I love that place.