Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: dB Festival

Default Re: dB Festival

im confused.

and drunk

i love how italians say crocodile.. crocodrilo..
    Rhythm is a dancer.

also, I have this bad habit of facebooking Sean when im wasted. I'm excited for the future. 8^)
    Rhythm is a dancer.

Facebooking Sean? And we're worried about *me* being weird at dB?

Lilia has seen me weirder than I was at DEMF btw. I won't be that weird. Or, I'm getting better at controlling the outward manifestations of my weirdness.

I'm doing my absolute best to be peaceful this weekend... just found out I'm going to have out-of-town guests twice next week (my Denver gal is one of them so I will have to figure out what show to convince her to see while I'm there) ... happy to see them, but now I'm going to have plans every night for the week leading up to dB and apparently am throwing a house party mid-week.... [I met my new neighbors last night because they were throwing a fucking obnoxious party, with the worst EDM I've ever heard... blasting... at like 1AM... we chatted and I've informed them they're going to get schooled on music next week. I'm having trouble being pissed with them after they came down to apologize (I hadn't even complained to them yet) and insisted on giving me a bottle of gewurztraminer. One of my favorite wines and an unusual one to hand to a stranger, so I think we will all get along well. ).

...dB cannot come soon enough.

There's nothing weird about that.

Good luck with your week. Sounds pretty mistimed. I am so fucked with papers... it's freaking me out. I have midterms in 3 weeks.
    Rhythm is a dancer.

Hah... yea, I posted that and then got blasted on Saturday night. Fuck peacefulness.
    At least I just have my job to come back to (though I have to put on this work social event the day I get back). If I had to deal with school work on top of festivals and traveling, I'd be stressed.

Anyway: EIGHT DAYS!!! Ready to leave noooow.

The first two days of dB seem like they will be really low-key, very relaxing. Vacation like.
    Last edited by chiapet; 09-20-2011 at 07:46 AM.

reid, find me:

WEDNESDAY::::: Fred Wildlife (to salute all the amazing dB staff and get my pass)---->> dB Opening Party---->> sleep
    THURSDAY::::: workshops---> RBMA Presents (amon tobin) OR RBMA Night (Quantic/Bonobo)----->> deadsprint to catch Camea at Sweatbox---->> Clink Showcase afterhours---->>sleep
    FRIDAY:::::: workshops-----> Optical 1---->> Blurring the Lines---->>Afterglow Afterhours---->> sleep
    SATURDAY::::: dB in the Park (briefly)--->> Optical 2 ---->> Deep Foundations--->> SUNDAY(no sleep)---->> Never Enough ---> STILL FUCKING GOING (YEEEHAW!)--->> Boat Party ---> Flammable ---->> getting super maudlin and telling everyone how i want to move to Seattle and how much i love you guys, blahblahblahblah----->> Epic Pass Out
    MONDAY::::::: Breakfast, whatever really..--->back to Denver
    Rhythm is a dancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurgasm View Post
    reid, find me:

WEDNESDAY::::: Fred Wildlife (to salute all the amazing dB staff and get my pass)---->> dB Opening Party---->> sleep
    THURSDAY::::: workshops---> RBMA Presents (amon tobin) OR RBMA Night (Quantic/Bonobo)----->> deadsprint to catch Camea at Sweatbox---->> Clink Showcase afterhours---->>sleep
    FRIDAY:::::: workshops-----> Optical 1---->> Blurring the Lines---->>Afterglow Afterhours---->> sleep
    SATURDAY::::: dB in the Park (briefly)--->> Optical 2 ---->> Deep Foundations--->> SUNDAY(no sleep)---->> Never Enough ---> STILL FUCKING GOING (YEEEHAW!)--->> Boat Party ---> Flammable ---->> getting super maudlin and telling everyone how i want to move to Seattle and how much i love you guys, acting like an endearingly sloppy, burned out asshole, blahblahblahblah----->> Epic Pass Out
    MONDAY::::::: Breakfast, whatever really..--->back to Denver
    Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    Fixed.
    fair enough
    Rhythm is a dancer.

At least he described you as endearing. Hrmm.

I don't think I'm going to be as much of a mess at the end of dB. Mostly because I don't have a lot planned for Sunday. Boat party, then a nap, then some Kate. I might not even tell anyone I love them or will miss them or want to see them again soon!

old school

Matt, we have a pretty similar schedule although I have a few conflicts to decide on, it will all work out in the end!

Who wants to stay up all night on Sunday, I want to sleep through my whole Greyhound ride!

It's going to be a grand ol' time.

LETS SEE WHAT HAPPENS
    Rhythm is a dancer.

Hrm. I'm not sure whether I'm staying up on Sunday. Will probably depend on how much sleep I get earlier in the day. (Who am I kidding? It's almost impossible to sleep on the last night of a festival).

6 days

look what i found in the DEMF thread. i posted this as a response to "compare demf to dB" hehehe

dB has such a range of bizarre and funky music that you wont see at demf. The city is bustling and there's sooooooo much going on at the same time, whereas in detroit, EVERYONE was focused on demf. I wish dB had more late late night sets, but I went home exhausted every night. People at dB were also incredibly nice and we kept seeing the same folks all over town. Made lots of good friends. dB won't be like it was in previous years though- with the inclusion of two new big venues I feel it's going to be much much better. But i pray for afterparties. Also one thing that made it so fucking awesome was the fact i was with wooz. Hell, give him and I a staircase and a slinky and we'll have the time of our lives.

I can't say any is better than the other but Movement is definitely a little more international and dance heavy. Overall- two best festivals I've been to in this country.
    Last edited by Aurgasm; 09-22-2011 at 06:41 AM.
    Rhythm is a dancer.

Hrm. I'm eager to see how I'd compare the two after I've been to dB. "Everyone was focused on DEMF," that's so true. I don't get the impression that a lot of people in Seattle necessarily know dB is going on next week or pay attention to the festival. Everyone in Detroit knows that DEMF's on...

Anyway, this is a bit superfluous since I've already posted it a bunch of places, but my tentative schedule:

Wednesday: fred to get pass -> possibly some early workshops -> (need to get booze/groceries/apt sorted) -> drinks -> opening party for 214 (Re-Bar) -> Beat Prodigies (Neumos)
    Thursday: workshops -> (would be up for getting late lunch or early dinner with people) -> RBMA showcase for Baths & Amon Tobin (Paramount) -> maybe RBMA night show for Bonobo (Neumos) -> maybe clink after party
    Friday: breakfast/brunch with people? -> optical 1 for Mountains, Simon Scott & Ulrich (Nordstrom) -> maybe Alexi Delano (Paramount) -> Blurring the Lines for Max & Martin -> (probably go home to change & shower) -> Afterglow after party
    Saturday: maybe invite people over for "breakfast" drinks -> (undecided about this boat party - would like to see Jimpster & Chateau Flight) -> maybe optical 2 (not really that interested in this one) -> Deep Foundations (Neumos) -> "never enough" after party (I'm hoping they're doing stamps or wristbands for re-entry, because I will probably just go, get mine, then go chill for a couple of hours and come back later) -> (not sure about the sweatbox party)
    Sunday: boat show -> (maybe a nap) -> flammable for Kate & dOP (re-bar) -> ??
    Monday: brunch before airport?

I'm planning on turning in pretty early on Wednesday & Thursday, or at least not staying out late. Want to figure out a time to have people over for bloody marys & maybe brunch (though food/cooking is looking less likely because of all the afterparties).

i'm not doing shit thursday, friday or saturday mornings..
    Rhythm is a dancer.

Maybe I wasn't inviting you anyway

(Just kidding... I have plans with non-boardies Thursday, and Daniella and I were talking about breakfast/brunch on Friday).

I'm not really a sleep all morning person, even if I've been out all night. Though I don't think I'll actually be crawling around Seattle (have done that plenty of times). I'm envisioning mornings spent on my patio with books and drinks.

I am starting to worry about surviving next week. I've been sick since Friday (started with a sore throat and is now constant congestion which has triggered my asthma). Needless to say, I AM FUCKING EXHAUSTED from working all week so I hope to fully recover this weekend (even though we have tickets to Mark Farina on Saturday). Even if I'm at 80% I'll be ok with making it into work everyday and drinking lots of coffee. Wednesday and Thursday I will only be making it to the showcases (Beat Prodigies, and ISAM). Friday is going to be rough! After working all day I hope to make it down to Optical 1 (coffee), then rush to see Alexi Delano (red bulls), then head to Blurring the Lines (acid), then to Afterglow (crack?). Heidi, we have to make bloody mary bar happen one morning for sure. Maybe Saturday will be good for that after a few hours of sleep unless you decide to boat party then we can do drinks prior... My Saturday is gonna be pretty easy, I'd like to rest and drink at some point then head w/Adam for ital tek (one of his must-sees), we're definitely going to Never Enough. After that I'd be game for more bloodies - if not I'll probably head home and continue drinking till I pass out cause we really have nothing solid planned till dBridge.

Heidi - when you get a chance, shoot me a text or PM w/the address of where you're staying (or is it on Zach's map?)
    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    I would rather have an auctioneer mc DnB sets

I am almost certain I won't be going to the boat party on that Saturday (I really want to, but it doesn't dock again until 6:30 so I feel like I'd be too rushed).

Up for bloody marys / drinks pretty much any day until the showcases start. I'm going to have stuff for bloody marys and mimosas on hand, plus vodka/rum/mixers, beer, wine and some snacks on hand.

I should add that I can be counted on to be back at my place for drinks after any of the afterparties.

I hope you feel better soon, Lilia. I know you'll push through it anyway I have exactly the same plan for you as Friday, so I'll cheer you on and feed you red bulls, etc.
    Last edited by chiapet; 09-22-2011 at 09:31 AM.

I'll repeat the offer - I am almost certainly going to be hanging out at the place I've rented, between showcases and after parties, and after the after parties. Unless I'm actually heading out to sleep, any of you guys are welcome to come over to have drinks / check internet / hang out on the patio / put your feet up for a bit. I think you all have my number, if you don't, PM me. (I turn my phone off when I really want to sleep so no worries about calling or texting at any time).
    Last edited by chiapet; 09-22-2011 at 09:34 AM.

I keep forgetting I will have a grill. May need to bbq some dead animals (or at least some veggies). Have a bad feeling about how much time I'm going to be spending "at home."

Oh you can definitely count us in to come over and grill. Fish, pork chops, rib-eye, bell pepper, zucchini, corn, etc... yes yes yes beer. mimosas. vodka.
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.

Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    I keep forgetting I will have a grill. May need to bbq some dead animals (or at least some veggies). Have a bad feeling about how much time I'm going to be spending "at home."
    see now this is what i'm talking about... i would LOVE to get a mess of scallops, octupi, squid, you name it and marinate and grill those suckers with some veggies and great delicious beer.

I know Seattle has a happening food scene but I'd get much more pleasure out of using the the fruit of the sea in an intimate place with frenz (and saving bucks) than out at an establishment where i wont have the patience, energy or time to really make the best experience of it.
    Rhythm is a dancer.

Absolutely guys, that's why I got the place. I'd love to have people over to grill and stuff.

I've been to Seattle so many times that I don't have a strong desire to run around the whole city, spending tons of money on restaurants and bars. I really want this to be a fairly chill week (at least in terms of how much I'm bouncing around the city all day). There are a couple of restaurants I am going to hit up with friends who aren't going to the festival but mostly I just want to kick it at the apartment until it's time to go see music.

Matt - Seattle's restaurant scene IS good, but it's nothing unique IMO.

Lilia, everything you listed sounds awesome. I'm really partial to grilled corn, grilled mushrooms and veggie skewers (I usually do zucchini, mushrooms, onions, garlic, peppers in italian-ish marinade).

yea... i'm not really a big restaurant buff. I know I've missed out on a lot of the great places in the various cities I've lived in, but I don't think I'm old enough or wealthy enough to really want that yet. Much rather cook with frenz and have everyone bring their own unique stylings to the night.

I've not spoken with Zach for some days, i know he wants to cook. Does anyone have set days for morning drinks and meals? I'm going to see if Jeff and I can do a cocktail hour in which we will play nothing but obscure underworld tracks. I just think he's busy right now so i haven't bothered him with it.
    Rhythm is a dancer.

I love restaurants but I get tired of eating out every single night. I remember Zach mentioning that, don't know which day though. You guys have seen my schedule, it's pretty open.

Friday is the only evening I'm going to be leaving early (to get to Mountains at the Optical). Pretty much any morning is fine... Lilia, what do you think on the bloody marys? Saturday?

Lilia and I are chatting about this off-board... we might just get everything set up on Wednesday night before the first showcase, and then can meet up whenever during the week. There are a couple of grocery stores in walking distance. There is even a Whole Foods but it's about a 30 min walk I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurgasm View Post
    I'm going to see if Jeff and I can do a cocktail hour in which we will play nothing but obscure underworld tracks. I just think he's busy right now so i haven't bothered him with it.
    Uhmm I almost overlooked that, that sounds blissful. I'm curious to see what kind of sound system the rental will have (I only know it has a cd player and an ipod dock) because there most certainly needs to be music involved. I got the impression from Zach that his place might have a decent stereo system.

I have a pretty decent iPod dock that I could lend for the weekend if needed, Heidi.

I think Saturday would probably be the best bet for a bloody mary bar - and have leftovers around in case we can get to them on Sunday.

Hrm... I'll see what's there when I check in, and shoot you a text if I need it? I'm assuming there is an actual stereo since they mention a CD player but who knows