Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: I dont care if you smoke pot, but smoking cigs in the crowd is some bullshit

Default Re: I dont care if you smoke pot, but smoking cigs in the crowd is some bullshit

I'm a "pot smoker" but i blow up and try to be around others that are smoking bud as well. potheads normally are non confrontational. if you are downwind and its blowing in your face just as a pothead to switch spots or move. 9/10 times your will get a few my bad dudes haha

pot and music go together so I'm glad you bashed cigs only which ironically i too find disgusting. My girlfriend is so short that even if she blows up still below any guys head. sorry if you were next to the couple smoking non stop joints : )

Default Re: I dont care if you smoke pot, but smoking cigs in the crowd is some bullshit

if you cant handle the cig smoke, get out the sahara tent

Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    Seriously.
    Its 20andfucking11.
    Unless you have been smoking since like 1968 you really dont have an excuse for that idiotic shit, and I shouldnt have to deal with your gross ass cigarette smoke, you pantsniff.

Stupidest fucking habit in the world.
    I could understand someone getting into heroin easier than I could understand someone picking up smoking at 18.

At any rate, keep that foul shit out of the crowds.
    shut the fuck the up, fucking douche

Quote Originally Posted by ErikFlyingV View Post
    I hate weed smoke, so I move. If a group is smoking a bowl I don't tell them to move and lose their spot, I just stick it out. I hate the smell and I hate the plant, but if it's unbearable then I'll move.
    what the fuck is wrong with you? seriously...how could anybody enjoy cigarette smoke but hate weed smoke? i get some people dont like smoke in general, or dont like cigarette smoke, but can tolerate weed smoke. but you are the only person ive ever heard say the opposite. its almost a universally accepted fact that weed smells good and it's smoke is not very offensive compared to other types of smoke.

"I hate the smell and I hate the plant" and yet you smoke cigs...hahaha,what a fuckin tool.
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

Weed smoke does not smell good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Blowjobs are the best when your pubes are moist with tears
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I got really good grades in school, but I suck at life.

Quote Originally Posted by Sexecutioner View Post
    what the fuck is wrong with you? seriously...how could anybody enjoy cigarette smoke but hate weed smoke? i get some people dont like smoke in general, or dont like cigarette smoke, but can tolerate weed smoke. but you are the only person ive ever heard say the opposite. its almost a universally accepted fact that weed smells good and it's smoke is not very offensive compared to other types of smoke.

"I hate the smell and I hate the plant" and yet you smoke cigs...hahaha,what a fuckin tool.
    You should follow your own advice and "get over it."
    Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    There's an emoticon for jerking off on this forum?

The National/Warpaint - 4/21 - Moody Theater
    Thee Silver MT. Zion Orchestra - 4/22 - The Mohawk
    Mogwai - 4/24 - Emo's
    Cloud Nothings/The Men - 4/26 - The Mohawk
    Austin Psych Fest - 5/2 - 5/4 - Carson Creek Ranch
    King Khan & the Shrines - 5/30 - The Mohawk
    Cut Copy - 6/21 - Stubbs
    Swans - 6/27 - The Mohawk
    Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk

Quote Originally Posted by frazzles View Post
    i just said it's much less offensive than other types of smoke. also, the smell doesnt cling onto everything it touches forever like cig smoke.

i think it smells good though.

Someone lit up some sage in the Sahara at some point. I appreciated it for a brief second.

/coolstorybro

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    You should follow your own advice and "get over it."
    haha. i am over it, i'm not bothered by smoke at all. the only thing that bothers me is people who are bothered by everything. plus, its fun to talk shit on everybody who thinks a rock festival should be this nice little sterile bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by frazzles View Post
    We were smoking some lemony OG
    and grape ape from grape blunts.

Smelled so fcuking good....I was holding the bag of og in my face like it was vics...smelled ten times better than horsepoop,sweat,grits,beer and fat whores

Quote Originally Posted by higgybaby23 View Post
    Someone lit up some sage in the Sahara at some point. I appreciated it for a brief second.

/coolstorybro
    There was a group of hippies slightly down the way from us during either Lauren Hill or Erykah Badhu (can't remember which) waving sticks of patchouli incense.

Personally, I like patchouli and thought it was awesome, but that is one clingy smell. I'd totally understand someone asking them to cut it out.

As for the cigarette thing... I'm a smoker, and I try to be as considerate about it as possible. Whether at a concert or not, I always make a point to get out of the crowd/ask the people around me/blow up/whatever the situation calls for to not be an asshole. It's not that hard to be polite about it. That being said, there are also plenty of douchey non-smokers who make a point of seeking out smokers to be dicks to. It's the worst when they glare and exaggeratedly cough or something. Sorry, but if I'm seated and you walk in to my cloud of smoke, it's kind of your fault for not diverting your path to one that doesn't cross with someone who is demonstrably smoking a cigarette. Ain't going to apologize for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    It is Joycian (if James Joyce were a Super Bitch).

this was the first year I used my ecig in the festival. I used it in the middle of crowds and when I let the "smoke" out people gave me dirty looks for about a second until they smelled it, then they asked me what it was. Apparently nobody minds vanilla scented water vapor.

Lol I have a buddy that uses an e cig.....but he smokes regular cigs too...he just likes to smoke non stopp and the ecig allows that....kinda weird lol

Wow, each post I've made in this thread I've said specifically I don't like it, but that's my PREFERENCE! I don't care if everyone around me smokes, I'll move! But, it's common courtesy to let people do what they want. I don't tell them to stop or move because I don't like it.

But then I am attacked because my preference is tobacco? Wow. Calling me a tool because I simply enjoy the taste and smell of tobacco over weed? I don't smoke cigarettes often, if ever anymore, but once in a while I enjoy it with coffee. I must be a total bitch, huh?

No where did I say weed was wrong, simply that I don't like it. I don't get it, at Coachella people offer me bowls and I refuse but say "Thanks so much, it just makes me anxious". I politely refuse yet I always get a reaction like I'm a total dick.

I truly don't get it. I'm as open as I can be about it, but it's just a personal preference. I'm done trying.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    Youth Gone Wild, 18 And Life, I Remember You, these songs are the soundtrack of a generation and would make for a great festival experience for thousands of people.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    This year's viral video sensation will be ErikFlyingV's portapotty getting tipped over while he's in it.

while i agree it is quite inconsiderate of people to smoke in big crowds, i also think it's not worth crying about. unless you have some bad allergies or asthma (in which case you probably shouldnt be at coachella anyway), just man up and deal with it.

that being said, i used to give my friends shit about it here and there, but realized it's pointless so gave up.
    I have both allergies and asthma, and I've been to seven Coachellas. The suggestion that I shouldn't be there sort of bothers me and is really uninformed. But I agree that trying to stop smokers from smoking when they want to is a fool's errand. It's probably just something that we'll have to learn to put up with, unfortunately.

California is a cannabis state.

If u like grits and not pot...vegas.

Cannabis is actually good for athsmarrrr, it dialates the bronchial airways. Vaporizing is the best way. They should have a hash bar and loungein the fest wiith a medical varification team and a vendor area inside. Like the hieneken tent. Fuck im stoned. Have a good one. Sorry I added to the clouds dudes. Just being me. Im an american. Keep on rockin in the free world. I do what I want like cartmannn

I fucking love you. Really, I do.
    I made this in camp last year at coachella much to the dislike of my disgusting smoking campmates, but i've worn it this and last year:

Cool, you look like a massive retard.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    Youth Gone Wild, 18 And Life, I Remember You, these songs are the soundtrack of a generation and would make for a great festival experience for thousands of people.
    This year's viral video sensation will be ErikFlyingV's portapotty getting tipped over while he's in it.

Cool, you look like a massive retard.
    Thanks! I was.. umm.. unaware that photo was being taken

Allergies at coachella... lol stfu

In all fairness, there has been less smoke each year I've gone to Coachella. The first couple times, in '05 and '06 the clouds of smoke *outside* the tents were so bad I had to wear a bandanna and my inhaler got a lot of use. This year it wasn't much of a problem.

The weed doesn't bother me at all.

Actually, tobacco doesn't bother me as long as there is fresh air. However, cigarettes are not really tobacco, are they? There is a difference between a good cigar or pipe tobacco and cancer sticks. Walking by a cigar shop, the smell is very nice, but most cigarettes smell like burning something you scraped off your shoe!

Weed is worse than smoke, it smells awful and I hate its effects. Honestly, I don't see how anyone born past 1960 would want to smoke that skunky crap.

Oh, wait. Opinions, forgot they were different.

I'll lose my place in the crowd when the tokers lose theirs too. I hate pot smoke, but I deal with it.

Deal. With. It.
    ^^^ THIS! ^^^

It's absurd to sit here and complain about cigs when weed can be just as annoying. Take out the health factor cause anyone claiming to be a health freak pot head can go preach to someone else. Get the fuck out of here with that whining....

But.... Even though I smoke occasionally when I drink, I am considerate and I do go out of my way to make sure most of my smoke does not affect another individual. The same should go for the pot heads.
    Last edited by JC2011; 04-21-2011 at 06:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    It's weird to me that people don't think about this.
    Blowing my smoke UP.
    Making sure I don't burn anyone (I saw a grp coming and moved my Cig, when they bumped past us I got burnt a little but they didn't)
    Putting it out if I see any kids is just habit anywhere. I don't care where I am if kids show up the Cig goes out.
    Flicking my Ash I always make sure it goes on the ground not on anyone. If it's so windy it will blow I kneel down and rub the ash off on the grass.
    And putting it out I always make sure it's completely out so some poor barefoot guy doesn't find it and hurt himself.
    Also I'll check the breeze before I light up in a Tent and if the air isn't moving I'll just wait.
    It's a nasty, stinky habit but I try to make as small an impact on other people as I can.

Exactly.

(ps: I don't smoke. anything, at all. never have and don't plan to.)

To the smokers out there, did American Spirit give away free cigs this year? In the past, you could get two free packs, but I had heard they weren't doing it this year.
    COACHELLA 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    Whats funny is that you see them blowing it down alot. Which I think they think helps.
    i blow pot smoke down only because i'm trying to avoid getting caught :x
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

The trick is holding it in so long that there is no smoke to blow out...

amateurs

Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    Nobody has ever given a single fuck about anything you've ever had to say.
    Erik or Dani: Can we change Spooks' member title to "Stupid Pigfucker"? thanks.

I really dislike cigarette smoke near me/in my face, but I don't usually mind people doing it if they're somewhat considerate (which they often just AREN'T). One solution I've found for me personally when in a crowded tent/not willing to lose my place, I just tie/hold my bandanna around my nose/mouth (cowboy status) for a couple minutes. It doesn't bother me, I don't have to make a scene, and I don't have to breathe the smoke.

Blow up, people. I always kind of enjoy seeing huge billowing clouds of pot smoke floating up here and there in Coach crowds anyway
    Coachella 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011!!!, 2012 wknd 1, 2013 wknd 2, 2014 wknd 2...

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    If someone tries to tap and blow, tell them to forget the tap part.

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i blow pot smoke down only because i'm trying to avoid getting caught :x
    Oh, the lengths that you and Amy went to.
    Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    There's an emoticon for jerking off on this forum?

The National/Warpaint - 4/21 - Moody Theater
    Thee Silver MT. Zion Orchestra - 4/22 - The Mohawk
    Mogwai - 4/24 - Emo's
    Cloud Nothings/The Men - 4/26 - The Mohawk
    Austin Psych Fest - 5/2 - 5/4 - Carson Creek Ranch
    King Khan & the Shrines - 5/30 - The Mohawk
    Cut Copy - 6/21 - Stubbs
    Swans - 6/27 - The Mohawk
    Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk

Lurker

i can understand cigs....but weed. sorry folks but cali is medical marijuana state. Festivals, music and weed go hand in hand. if ur not into it then just simply deal with it or walk away for a moment. Its completely selfish, ignorant and lame to complain about someone smoking a joint at a musical festival... i mean come on. really? get over and hit the joint already so u can be happy like everyone else.