Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Apparat in 2012

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

Default Re: Apparat in 2012

lol. I went back and edited my post. upon subsequent listens I'm quite content.

It gives me goosebumps to see/hear a recent Apparat performance. God everyone just shut up and pay attention to everything this man does when he's on stage. Please. You will travel on an amazing musical journey.
    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    I would rather have an auctioneer mc DnB sets

who's the guy on the laptop to Apparat's right?

Is it some geeky visual guy?

I absolutely love the visuals during the Moderat shows.
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.

it's some dude from pfadfinderei
    Rhythm is a dancer.

I'm told that Apparat didn't even go on until 2:30 AM......

That is beautiful.

Part 2

Relevant to our interests....

OOOOooOOOOOOOO 1:47 mark.
    Last edited by Wheres the beef?; 04-28-2011 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    Droga do Mekki set always comes through. It is amazing.
    I like Droga do Mekki but, for me, Dizzonance tops them all. I can't get enough Jet.

Last edited by Wheres the beef?; 04-28-2011 at 10:26 PM.

Yep.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Apparat
    Goodbye Apparat-Rave - Hello Apparat-Band! Played my last raveshow for a very long time yesterday. It was fun but i'm really looking forward to explore new territory. I was starting to get a little bored with myself.
    hoping it's for the best. I'm going to miss Apparat-rave.

Quote Originally Posted by kingsblend420 View Post
    that dancing kid needs to get out of his face.

I feel that the sound quality of this video is somehow better than the rest.

Moderat+Modeselektor+Apparat on 3 separate days would be sex

oh the shit I would have done to experience that at Bloc.

Yes!
    Sean Penn Acid Test 2008 - Legendary

2008 , 2009, 2010, 2011 , 2012 wk1, 2013 wk2. 6 years running!

Hell or highwater, fire and brimstone, not even cancer is powerful enough to keep me from Coachella!

Ok, after a 10 year hiatus I am getting back into edm. In the process of reeducating myself about the music I came across apparat. I freaking love his mixes and his new song off the unreleased album. I would like more similar music. Suggestions?

Ellen Allien (also check her & Apparat's album Orchestra of Bubbles), Moderat - for similar. For just some good edm somewhat similar - Four Tet, Pantha du Prince, Burial, James Zabiela's destination future mix, Nathan Fake, Jamie Woon, Ital tek...

Ellen Allien (also check her & Apparat's album Orchestra of Bubbles), Moderat - for similar. For just some good edm somewhat similar - Four Tet, Pantha du Prince, Burial, James Zabiela's destination future mix, Nathan Fake, Jamie Woon, Ital tek...
    Thx. I am familiar with Four Tet and Burial. Will check out the others. Last time I was heavily into this music the Chemical Brothers were just getting started, so I have a lot of catching up to do.

You certainly do. What were you listening to when you moved on to other genres?

Its funny that you ask that, I just dug out my old CD's last night. The scene was so much different then. It took a lot of digging around to find new artists because they weren't as accessible via the internet. I was listening to Sasha & Digweed, Paul Oakenfold, Kruder & Dorfmeister, Taylor (don't know if he is even still around) Judge Jules, Portishead, Sven Vath, BT, LTJ Bukem, etc. Actually, it was Fatboy Slim and the Chemical Brothers that kind of drove me away from the scene. At the time, their music seemed to be more about annoying, repetitive samples than about any kind of emotional response. I know the Chems are loved on this board, and their first album as the Chemical Brothers (after they changed their name) was great, but the whole "brothers gonna work it out" thing drove me nuts. Fatboy Slim was worse.

I started going to raves in 1991, so I watched the scene develop in the earlier years, but I am amazed and the breadth and depth of music styles under the EDM umbrella now. I have found a lot of amazing music in the last month or so, and I am looking forward to finding more.

Quote Originally Posted by vibesandstuff View Post
    The scene was so much different then. It took a lot of digging around to find new artists because they weren't as accessible via the internet.
    It's amazing how easy it is to get introduced to new artists these days. I find when I get an itch to learn about someone new I go to different websites and just browse around (last.fm, amazon, idmforums to name a few). Anyway, some other artists that I enjoy, while not too similar to Apparat but still quite interesting - SBTRKT, Joy Orbison, Lee Burridge, Scuba, Surgeon, Flying Lotus, ASC, Clubroot, and Boxcutter.

Here's a couple threads on the board with some suggestions:
    http://coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48948
    http://coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15478

and now that you are an Apparat fan - you definitely don't want to miss him. Hopefully it won't be too long till he comes through doing his "rave" gig. Those sets are amazing live.

and now that you are an Apparat fan - you definitely don't want to miss him. Hopefully it won't be too long till he comes through doing his "rave" gig. Those sets are amazing live.
    Thanks for all your suggestions. I have downloaded so much new music recently. My iPhone has went from predominantly indie to predominantly edm just since coachella.

I like Apparat's live stuff too, although, coming from the indie world, its an easy step for me.

Stuff I am crazy about so far: Joy Orbison, Burial, Apparat, Moderat, Sasha (still), Modeselektor, and fucking beardyman is amazing! His set, Sasha (originally went for nastalgia sake), and the Presets are what got me to start rethinking my music choices. That and the fact that Indie has just turned into a rehashing of itself from 10 years ago. It is nice to be excited to turn on my stereo again. I have realized how long its been since that was true.

Thanks for all your suggestions. I have downloaded so much new music recently. My iPhone has went from predominantly indie to predominantly edm just since coachella.

I like Apparat's live stuff too, although, coming from the indie world, its an easy step for me.

Stuff I am crazy about so far: Joy Orbison, Burial, Apparat, Moderat, Sasha (still), Modeselektor, and fucking beardyman is amazing! His set, Sasha (originally went for nastalgia sake), and the Presets are what got me to start rethinking my music choices. That and the fact that Indie has just turned into a rehashing of itself from 10 years ago. It is nice to be excited to turn on my stereo again. I have realized how long its been since that was true.
    This might be the most positive thing I've read around here in a long while.

How do you figure?

Quote Originally Posted by kingsblend420 View Post
    How do you figure?
    Live instruments. In Ash/Black Veil there are elements of guitar, violin, piano, vocals, and possibly a live drummer. A lot of my friends who are strictly Indie fans are into Delorean and the Presets (after coachella) for the same reasons.

I just went for a long run and listened to the Apparat DJ Kicks mix. With a runners high there are times where it makes me almost tear up. Its that fucking good!!

Live instruments. In Ash/Black Veil there are elements of guitar, violin, piano, vocals, and possibly a live drummer. A lot of my friends who are strictly Indie fans are into Delorean and the Presets (after coachella) for the same reasons.

I just went for a long run and listened to the Apparat DJ Kicks mix. With a runners high there are times where it makes me almost tear up. Its that fucking good!!
    If you don't have any of these, listen to them. REALLY REALLY GOOD.

http://www.mediafire.com/?w60n6b3bojwz5a9

http://www.mediafire.com/?7zkfw150u6t7a07

http://www.mediafire.com/?j0jqrddecq75pjb

http://www.mediafire.com/?9qjj561pteanwll

So much good music!!!!

Just researching the Sonar lineup and there's this little write up on Apparat Band:

http://2011.sonar.es/en/artistes/apparat-band_407.html
    Melodic electronica with drums, percussion, cello and a piano in a shift away from the dancefloor.

It will be fun to see some videos once this tour gets going.