Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kanye West Caught lip synching -- should this guy really have headlined?

Default Re: Kanye West Caught lip synching -- should this guy really have headlined?

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    i wonder if George W. Bush liked it?
    Obviously not... he doesnt care about black people!

Default Re: Kanye West Caught lip synching -- should this guy really have headlined?

kanye even made a speech saying how he isnt the best singer, if he was gonna lip sinc at least he would of made himself sound better
    Quote Originally Posted by shoegazer76 View Post
    Passion Pit drew the biggest congregation of white people that couldn't dance that I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The problem here is that it seems you idiots think the King Crimson sample in the song is sung by Kanye.
    HAHAHAHAHAHA
    If people are actually thinking that is Kanye singing.. I'm just not gonna start haha

This is a stupid thread to begin with. Also, when a song is supposed to have autotune in it, thats considered lip synching?

If he had lip synced, wouldn't they have at least tried to make it sound good?

EDIT- Ooops, someone else posted the exact same thing. But seriously, I heard the last 20 minutes or so from the campground and it was SO out of tune. My favorite thing is, he played Chariots of Fire for like 5 minutes...AFTER curfew. $5000 worth of fines for nothing.
    Last edited by M Sparks; 04-21-2011 at 02:24 PM.

just another effort to bring down Kanye. this time they go so far as to make shit up.
    2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014, 2014

LEAVE KANYE ALOOOONE!
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

Definitely wasn't lip syncing. He dropped a couple words to All Falls Down and on Good Life he did the first verse twice by mistake. I specifically remember this cause I was all excited to shout "MORE ASS THAN THE MODELS" and alas, I never had the chance.

GTFOutta here with this shit.

Found a video. I knew I wasn't crazy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPE-sYfVrqk

So we done with this thread? We're done right? Good. Kanye fucking killed it.

Quote Originally Posted by wompwomp View Post
    Found a video. I knew I wasn't crazy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPE-sYfVrqk

So we done with this thread? We're done right? Good. Kanye fucking killed it.
    The only thing he killed were my ears in the last few songs where he actually tried to sing instead of just rapping. He put on a good show worthy of a sunset set, not the closer. Not enough energy, the music sounded flat and computer produced. Mediocre at best if you compare him to the other headliners of Coachella, this year and years past.

Quote Originally Posted by Monko760 View Post
    The only thing he killed were my ears in the last few songs where he actually tried to sing instead of just rapping. He put on a good show worthy of a sunset set, not the closer. Not enough energy, the music sounded flat and computer produced. Mediocre at best if you compare him to the other headliners of Coachella, this year and years past.
    Quit being such a cliche. It's fine if you don't like his music, it's not for everyone and you're entitled to your opinion. Some of the arguments about his set are fair: hes not a great singer, the middle section definitely lagged, etc. But to argue that he is not headliner status is laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by dyltr0n3030 View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHA
    If people are actually thinking that is Kanye singing.. I'm just not gonna start haha
    they probably think he's singing on the "high places" sample too

smh
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveChoi View Post
    One thing I do need to get off my chest

Apologies to Freddy Prinze Jr for Cursing him out in 2012 when all that chaos unfolded.. I was a total prick to you and I was wrong

I walked past the main stage on my way out at the end of the night and I can say with the utmost confidence Kanye was not lip-syncing.

He sounded like complete and utter crap, I was embarrassed to even be seen in an earshot of that. There's no way anyone would want to play a recording of vocals THAT TERRIBLE (for Coachella of all performances) and lip sync over it.

There's just no way.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonicc View Post
    Fuck "themule"

My main concert footage YouTube Channel
    http://www.youtube.com/magmazing

My Backup channel: http://www.youtube.com/magmazingmusic

My website: http://www.magmazingmusic.com

Bringing this one back from the dead...

After seeing Dre/Snoop et al, should Kanye really have headlined last year?

Answer: Hell No

Notice how during Dre/Snoop everyone is actually talking outside of the lyrics? Its because they aren't lip synching.

Everyone who was on Kanye's nuts after last years "performance", hopefully now you got a clue.

Sorry but there was a ton of lip syncing in everyone's performances during Dre and Snoop.
    2013 = Coverchella

2011 = Perfectchella

Who fucking cares if there was some backing vocal tracks. They were all used as just that... a backing. In all cases, those tracks were used as a back up, and not the main vocal track.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Tjzoo View Post
    Obviously not... he doesnt care about black people!
    Thanks to that, the media will prop up Kanye forever.

Quote Originally Posted by still_lurking View Post

Notice how during Dre/Snoop everyone is actually talking outside of the lyrics? Its because they aren't lip synching.

Everyone who was on Kanye's nuts after last years "performance", hopefully now you got a clue.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Some of you people are so profoundly retarded that I wonder how you can even manage to log in.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

What does a headliner this year have to do with should someone have headlined the year prior? If it's a matter of quality, there is a different quality in every artist, even in the same year. But Dre/Snoop didn't headline last year, Kanye did.
    Friday: Outkast, The Knife, The Replacements, Broken Bells, Girl Talk, Haim, Bryan Ferry
    Saturday: Lorde, Empire of the Sun, Fatboy Slim, Nas, Kid Cudi, Sleigh Bells, CHVRCHES, Mogwai, Bombay Bicycle Club, Holy Ghost!, The Internet
    Sunday: Arcade Fire, Neutral Milk Hotel, Disclosure, Chance the Rapper, Starfucker, Superchunk, Poolside
    ----
    Robert DeLong - The Independent - Jan 28
    Mad Caddies - Slim's - Feb 8
    St. Vincent - Fox Theatre - March 22

hologram tupac was definitely lip syncing

Quote Originally Posted by anonimouse View Post
    His performance felt a little lifeless tbh

Quote Originally Posted by still_lurking View Post

Kanye's performance KILLED Dre & Snoop's

I know for a fact Kanye didnt lip sinc every song, as people have said he was out of breath multiple times trying to rap the lyrics. Also, Kanye put on an UNREAL theatrical performance. He was telling a story and I didnt see anything similar this year. Kanye entertained like a MFer, even with sub par vocals

Wait what was the "story" that Kanye told?

8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/11: Tomas Barfod @ The Rickshaw Stop
    9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Not as profoundly retarded az TomASS who keeps excel spreadsheets to keep track of other people's quotes to use them as responses in posts.

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Wait what was the "story" that Kanye told?
    Kanye's story proved that Coachella isn't about the music, its about fireworks and entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by bgrace805 View Post
    I know for a fact Kanye didnt lip sinc every song, as people have said he was out of breath multiple times trying to rap the lyrics.
    i dont know why people can't get this through their thick fucking skulls. when people lip synch it sounds good you morons. kanye was obviously not lip synching.
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

Quote Originally Posted by anonimouse View Post
    There is no recording of Tupac saying, "Coachella," so it is obvious that his spirit wasn't lip syncing. Shit was real. He has returned.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Yeah, so, posting a link to an article which actually refutes the lipsyncing accusation doesn't exactly help your cause there buddy.

Some of you people are so profoundly retarded that I wonder how you can even manage to log in.
    I need to sig this but I'm a "newfag" and don't know how to sig on this damn site. Im probably about to be flamed