Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kanye West Caught lip synching -- should this guy really have headlined?

Default Re: Kanye West Caught lip synching -- should this guy really have headlined?

Quote Originally Posted by still_lurking View Post
    You saying the words, "You have been disproven" is not disproving.

Please, prove to me that he was in fact not lip synching. I'd like to think that Coachella didn't stoop down to a lip synching, headline closer.
    Please, prove to me that Mars isn't inhabited by little green Kanye Wests.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Default Re: Kanye West Caught lip synching -- should this guy really have headlined?

I still lurking has never been to a hip hop show before Coachella
    Stupid thread

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Yup -- I pointed out the first few songs, as I remember -- it was the 2nd song. Didn't notice it after he put the mic on the mic stand.
    I posted a video of the second song and there is not one point in it in which he appears to be lip-synching
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    I posted a video of the second song and there is not one point in it in which he appears to be lip-synching
    I'm talking about the song before he used the mic stand...

And that youtube video is very unclear...doesn't show anything even though that song is not the topic. He could have been lip synching it, but the song with the most evidence is not that song.

every single hip hop artist uses a backing track to cover them when they need a word break. jay z does it, eminem does it, they all do it! its tolerated in hip hop. Madonna has done it, prince has done it, MJ did it, etc,etc,etc.... its more about the performance so if he needs a break now and then, its tolerated, especially in a big setting...

hell, U2 does it every concert when they play beautiful day!!! watch edge and see if he really hits the note! doesnt, but its tolerated.......

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

I'm talking about the song before he used the mic stand...

And that youtube video is very unclear...doesn't show anything even though that song is not the topic. He could have been lip synching it, but the song with the most evidence is not that song.
    Then stop saying it was the second song.

Also, he's holding the mic in his hand for more than 3/4 of the song. And the video is incredibly clear. What is wrong with you?
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Then stop saying it was the second song.

Also, he's holding the mic in his hand for more than 3/4 of the song. And the video is incredibly clear. What is wrong with you?
    You seem angry. Deep down you must believe Kanye was in fact lip synching or you wouldn't be getting this irate over this.

I think we are getting "irate" because there are already a couple of threads to bitch about Kanye in. There is no need for this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    I think we are getting "irate" because there are already a couple of threads to bitch about Kanye in. There is no need for this thread.
    There are plenty of duplicate threads on this board. You seemed to complain about this one. Sounds like a nerve was struck.

You seem angry. Deep down you must believe Kanye was in fact lip synching or you wouldn't be getting this irate over this.
    you are a fucking retard. he was obviously not lip synching. please kill yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by weeklymix View Post
    you shut your whorish mouth when talking about the sea king.

old school

Whatever anyone who dislikes Kanye for whatever reasons they have to go out of their way to express it, that show was one of the best ever produced at Coachella and an incredible closer. You will not change my mind or my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by ivankay View Post
    Whatever anyone who dislikes Kanye for whatever reasons they have to go out of their way to express it, that show was one of the best ever produced at Coachella and an incredible closer. You will not change my mind or my experience.
    I don't have anything against the guy. He was offered to headline Coachella...he took it. That is not the point.

If anyone wants to post videos, post the video of the song before he put the mic on the stand...check out that song.

You're the one who is supposed to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by ivankay View Post
    You're the one who is supposed to do that.
    Don't have access at the moment and Drinkey McDrinkerstein was kind enough to post a video previously...

during the first verse or two during love lockdown you could barely hear him because he wasnt singing very loudly. then on the last verse he goes after it. its pretty easy to hear, definitely not lip syncing

If he lypsync'd how do you explain this video?
    "ain't no thang but a chicken wang"

Quote Originally Posted by J~$$$$ View Post
    qft, ever since Sunday night a contingent of detractors have been trolling the boards, insipidly critiquing West because he happens to be a polarizing (black) entertainer.

If we were in the wake of a Michael Jackson headlining stint the same kind of disparaging would be taking place here.

Also, it is not uncommon for MCs to rap over pre-recorded vocals, but those vocals are often so low in the mix - you'd have to be an absolute tool to not be able to distinguish the two.

How dare you put that word in brackets. There's no shame in being black, and how dare you fucking suggest otherwise.

GTFO of this forum you racist motherfucker, we have no time for bigoted shitheads like you here.

even during his debacle at bonnaroo, which i was at and watched, he did a good job rapping and doing his thing. you dont have to like Kanye, im not a big fan, but at times he can light it up and it seems like he did sunday....

Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    How dare you put that word in brackets. There's no shame in being black, and how dare you fucking suggest otherwise.

GTFO of this forum you racist motherfucker, we have no time for bigoted shitheads like you here.

Perfectly executed.

Troll ooooo lololololllllllllllll

So bad.

You guys are feeding this? LMFAO.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

please don't flame, but this happened when i saw lady gaga. during just dance you could hear back track vocals during the entire song, and during several others, but her vocals were obviously live, and then she made this big speech about how she fucking hates lip syncing. so i have no doubt Kanye was live.
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 9 - Black Vice
    September 11 - Earthless
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 15 - Primus
    November 18 - Slayer

Quote Originally Posted by subby33 View Post
    Troll ooooo lololololllllllllllll

So bad.

You guys are feeding this? LMFAO.

YES OMG L'MAO

If you didn't like Kanye then you are a racist.
    "ain't no thang but a chicken wang"

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

i wonder if George W. Bush liked it?
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 9 - Black Vice
    September 11 - Earthless
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 15 - Primus
    November 18 - Slayer

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Fuzz View Post
    If you didn't like Kanye then you are a racist.
    Gospel truth.

yeah, i was there for the entire set - and what struck me as odd was he didnt even have any vocals playing for the longest time, and no other peopl eon with him? what about the guys on the decks/keyboard..? sure vocals did come on eventually but i havent seen too many hiphop acts that didnt have their vocals playing in the foreground