Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kanye West Caught lip synching -- should this guy really have headlined?

Default Kanye West Caught lip synching -- should this guy really have headlined?

I hope everyone was happy watching this guy lip synch his way through his set on Sunday.

If you were wondering why you didn't see any live instruments, other artists accompany him, or really any conversation from him during his act -- its because he lip synched his way through it.

He could not have live instruments, other artists with him, or any type of conversation if he was lip synching because it wouldn't work.

He has been accused and/or done it before:

We already know many times over that Kanye West is incapable of performing live, which is why we’re glad to report that Mr Ego lip synced on American Idol.

http://www.inquisitr.com/19812/kanye...american-idol/

We say the scandal is not that Kanye lip-synched through a live TV performance, but that he failed to lip-synch through a live TV performance. If he'd had all the right bells and whistles on board, we would have been all like, "Wow, this rules," rather than all like, "Wow, this hurts our ears." Just sayin'. .

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/ble...t-lip-synching

Default Re: Kanye West Caught lip synching -- should this guy really have headlined?

Yeah, so, posting a link to an article which actually refutes the lipsyncing accusation doesn't exactly help your cause there buddy.

Some of you people are so profoundly retarded that I wonder how you can even manage to log in.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Default Re: Kanye West Caught lip synching -- should this guy really have headlined?

if you actually watched kanye's set its pretty obvious he was NOT lip synching. sometimes he was out of breath and would have to skip a word or 2.
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

Trust me - he couldn't have been lip syncing on Sunday night - his voice was fucking terrible in parts.

He dropped the lyrics on All Falls Down at one point, definitely not lip syncing.
    2013 = Coverchella

2011 = Perfectchella

No way he was lip syncing, me and my girlfriend looked forward to his set and enjoyed it. However, we both agreed that he should sing less cause he's not good as it, even Kanye acknowledged he's not a good singer. It was a good performance and he was definitely into it.

OP: do you perchance work for Access Hollywood or Extra?

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

You can question the source but .... From Spin ... cr****

The stage was a vast, open white space with West's band – two keyboardists and a guitarist – pushed to the rear, almost out of sight.
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Tv is much different. TV Performances often come off sounding MUCH worse than live performances. Look what Arcade Fire did on SNL, and then what they did Saturday. Night and Day. Why most people lip sync on tv. And if you are looking for musical integrity in American Idol, Then you are quite lost.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenJ View Post
    And if you are looking for musical integrity in American Idol, Then you are quite lost.
    Jay HOVA Z BABYYY

In his second song, he was slamming the mic down below his waist. At times, his words were still sounding when his mic was below his waist. And it was not a synthesizer, or any electronic device that made it sound like the word was continuing. New words were heard when the mic was below his waist.

People around me at the event noticed the same thing.

Well, there's gotta be a youtube video of this somewhere.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar

He had backing tracks that had vocals. Not the same thing as lip syncing.
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

hahaha and people are bagging on me for kanye killing my roll. This probably has alot to do with it. Probably why he wasn't saying things like "come on" "jump" "get up" or any other crowd exciting phrases in between raps. Or maybe he is just artistic.

lol

Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    how about a back up singer like Jay z. KANYE SUCKS!

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by still_lurking View Post
    In his second song, he was slamming the mic down below his waist. At times, his words were still sounding when his mic was below his waist. And it was not a synthesizer, or any electronic device that made it sound like the word was continuing. New words were heard when the mic was below his waist.

People around me at the event noticed the same thing.
    The problem here is that it seems you idiots think the King Crimson sample in the song is sung by Kanye.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

They were not backing tracks. I'm talking about his words, his lyrics, his vocals.

How about no.

I liked that it was just him, personally. I loved every minutes of that performance, and it is one of my favorite sets from the nine Coachellas I have gone to.
    last.fm

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Well, there's gotta be a youtube video of this somewhere.
    There is...this appears to be a rip of the webcast. i just watched it. The OP of this thread is obviously retarded.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Monko760 View Post
    hahaha and people are bagging on me for kanye killing my roll. This probably has alot to do with it. Probably why he wasn't saying things like "come on" "jump" "get up" or any other crowd exciting phrases in between raps. Or maybe he is just artistic.

lol
    Exactly. The whole set was canned -- even his lame speech.

old school

Watching the webcast I thought he was lipsyching in parts, but by the end of it even if I didn't like you have to give the credit for doing such a large back catalogue and rapping as much as he could for over an 1hr +.

They were not backing tracks. I'm talking about his words, his lyrics, his vocals.
    Ok, seriously, just stop. You have been disproven by everyone else here, and by a source you even linked to. Close the browser. Go outside.
    last.fm

Not lipsynching.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

The murder capital where we murder for capital

If you were wondering why you didn't see any live instruments, other artists accompany him, or really any conversation from him during his act -- its because he lip synched his way through it.
    I seem to recall guitar, Justin Vernon and him giving a pretty long winded speech to the crowd that was somewhat emotional.

That refutes all three of your claims right off the bat. Try again.

Ok, seriously, just stop. You have been disproven by everyone else here, and by a source you even linked to. Close the browser. Go outside.
    You saying the words, "You have been disproven" is not disproving.

Please, prove to me that he was in fact not lip synching. I'd like to think that Coachella didn't stoop down to a lip synching, headline closer.

Isn't the burden of proof, on you?

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

This

old school

I thought he was lip synching when during the live broadcast he was switching between wired and wireless mics. In the beginning it seemed as if he might have been, but at the end when he was winded and missing verses you could tell he was not.

Man Justin Vernon was everywhere this weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by J~$$$$ View Post
    I thought he was lip synching when during the live broadcast he was switching between wired and wireless mics. In the beginning it seemed as if he might have been, but at the end when he was winded and missing verses you could tell he was not.
    Yup -- I pointed out the first few songs, as I remember -- it was the 2nd song. Didn't notice it after he put the mic on the mic stand.