Thread: Anybody know where I can find pics of when Magnetic Man had the crowd sit down.

Default Anybody know where I can find pics of when Magnetic Man had the crowd sit down.

That moment was epic

Default Re: Anybody know where I can find pics of when Magnetic Man had the crowd sit down.

what? epic? wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    I would rather have an auctioneer mc DnB sets

Default Re: Anybody know where I can find pics of when Magnetic Man had the crowd sit down.

Hahahhaa some doork was cruizing by loooking for a friend and I punked his ass

"The dj said sit down man!" So he sat down untill he was told to get up again...lol shit was so funny

As I was already sitting down, I stood up in spite of this stupid shit. There was nothing "epic" about it at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Blowjobs are the best when your pubes are moist with tears
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I got really good grades in school, but I suck at life.

I stayed standing and flipped them off.

7/18: The Field @ The Independent
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

I thought this was kind of a cool idea at first but it ended up have no real purpose to it. Still interesting and I would like to see pictures.

What is "interesting" about making people sit down in the fucking EDM dance tent.

* A dubstep remix of Sandstorm would have been interesting.

lmao they did this?

reminds me of some nitwit DJ in 2008 making everyone sit down and then jump up for the drop in sandstorm.

yeah. sandstorm.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    No. I push you down. Always.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Viper View Post
    lmao they did this?

reminds me of some nitwit DJ in 2008 making everyone sit down and then jump up for the drop in sandstorm.

yeah. sandstorm.
    Zane Lowe. 2009.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

I was in the beer garden for a good chunk of this set and I must say that magnetic man is one of the most irritating fucking DJs I have ever heard. his aggro douchebag screaming at the crowd bit is intolerable. How can people dance to that shit
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

I was in the beer garden for a good chunk of this set and I must say that magnetic man is one of the most irritating fucking DJs I have ever heard. his aggro douchebag screaming at the crowd bit is intolerable. How can people dance to that shit
    I heard the tent was half empty from some dude, and he said "Stupid Americans". He was right.

From what I heard I think everyone was sitting down during this set
    G-funk acquired, thank you Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by Theijuiel View Post
    Don't watch Conspiracy Theory while on mushrooms.
    You know a festival is in the process of dying when you start to see sports jerseys there....

I left because their fucking sound sucked ass, they went on 20 minutes late AND they were going up against another gem in beardyman. Seemed like a no brainer. Chase & Status made up for it on Sunday and we Americans gave them the credit they were due

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Shut Up Forever Almost All of You.

SEE YOU AT WEEKEND ONE!

What is "interesting" about making people sit down in the fucking EDM dance tent.
    It's interesting because it's different. It also is a way to make everyone do the same thing, all together, at the same time which is always a fascinating phenomenon; much like how dropping a bass line or the chorus in a song will make everyone react.

Like I said, it really wasn't that cool, but having the entire rave tent sit down is certainly different than the norm so its at least somewhat interesting to me.

Zane Lowe. 2009.
    wow i was gonna guess zane lowe, but clearly he was not on the 08 poster. god what a goofy moment that was.

old school

people have been doing the 'sit down, jump up at the drop' shit for over a decade. nobody was ripping off zane lowe of all people..

Quote Originally Posted by Mega man View Post
    I heard the tent was half empty from some dude, and he said "Stupid Americans". He was right.
    i'm confused. was he talking about the act? cuz they're not american. or was he talking about the tent being half empty? cuz it wasn't. and it was the only act friday night that utilized all of the lighting schemes after dark.

I stayed standing and flipped them off.
    why the fuck were you even there and not at Beardyman in the dome?
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Daft Punk will unveil its third member, Crush.

Quote Originally Posted by nbvcide View Post
    people have been doing the 'sit down, jump up at the drop' shit for over a decade. nobody was ripping off zane lowe of all people.
    not sure i claimed they ripped him off? i just said it reminded me of that moment and how stupid it was.

Buraka Som Sistema did this at Coachella in 2009, as well.
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

The Buraka one was epic though.

I was pumped for Magnetic Man but they didn't really deliver (at least to me). That was Benga doing the MC thing, which is a staple of DnB (which is really popular in England) so I'm sure he was trying to bring that to it.

The thing that really struck me about the set is that for whatever reason, there were a lot of dudes hugging during the set and sitting on each others' shoulders.

Benga was not the MC. It was Sgt. Pokes.

Highlight of my Coachella as in the dumbest shit I saw and actually participated in.

How many rewinds did they do?

Because that shit makes me so fucking happy.

It's actually 3 irritating djs. And 2 of them individually are nowhere near as terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    I would rather have an auctioneer mc DnB sets

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    It's actually 3 irritating djs. And 2 of them individually are nowhere near as terrible.
    How funny was it when the MC introduced Benga, then Skream, and forgot about Artwork. By far the best part of the set.

was planning to run and catch this but instead lazily stayed for beardyman after breakage played in the dome, apparently the best mistake I made this weekend

I kind of regret not staying for Beardyman longer but I was stoked to see some campsite buddies so we can all trek to Chemical Brothers afterwards. The sound finally kicked in when we were sitting down though, that was nice at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.