Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pass-out-chella 2011

Default Re: Pass-out-chella 2011

Quote Originally Posted by electrocute View Post
    Ugh, I got really scared for a second I was going to faint during Gayngs. It had nothing to do with the heat or crowdsize, obviously, since it was after midnight in the mostly-empty Gobi tent. I had been kind of getting a bloody nose (NOT from putting things up there!) earlier and suddenly started feeling super dizzy and light-headed, vision going blurry, etc. All I had done that day was toke and drink 1 beer a few hours before. So it had to be just from pure exhaustion I guess. But it was so bad for a second I got super scared like, "OMG. Am I going to be one of THOSE people right now?!?!" Thankfully I just laid down for awhile and felt a whole lot better. Phew. Water and rest are your friends, people.
    This way of thinking ALWAYS saves me from a downer. I'm mostly always hydrated, and fed, so passing out is due to my own lack of concern for sleep. I ended up napping during the entirey of Jimmy Eat World (which was the only way to be at their show, in my opinion), which gave me enough energy to get through PJ Harvey with a clear head, and some of Kanye (blech) before realizing it was time to go lay down. Got to the tent, took a single drink of beer, and immediately passed out. Good stuff. I'd likely have passed out if I'd gotten within one hundred yards of Gogol. Their music seriously sounds even worse live than it does on youtube. I can't believe people support this band. Leave the wannabe Daniel Day Lewis' of the world to beat off in their own mustached misery. Don't bring yourself to their show if you know you're allergic to poor taste in music, or get asthma attacks (yes, I'm sure I'll catch hell for being one of three people on the boards who doesn't like Gogol, and doesn't care to hide it).

Its gypsy punk rock dude.....what do u expect. And im sure people fell that jiimmy eat world ....well jimmy can eat dick...cause they sucks mushroom tip buddy.

Btw...didn't plan on seeing either..but if I had to choose I would be wearing a purple shirt and kicking some fragile pussy like you in the pants

Quote Originally Posted by hydr1 View Post
    Its gypsy punk rock dude.....what do u expect. And im sure people fell that jiimmy eat world ....well jimmy can eat dick...cause they sucks mushroom tip buddy.

Btw...didn't plan on seeing either..but if I had to choose I would be wearing a purple shirt and kicking some fragile pussy like you in the pants
    You totally missed where I was insulting Jimmy Eat World by sleeping through their entire set instead of paying the least bit of attention? At least I heard that "Gypsy" rock from afar, and made a good judgement call (being to see/do anything else). In fact.... I wore a purple shirt that day (my 80s/90s edition Palm Springs Harley shirt). That you take offense shows a lot about how insecure you are. Keep threatening to pants and suck every guy who doesn't like the music you listen to (you may not have typed "pants and suck you," but your intentions came through, Mollyman The E-Tard), but the band sucks more dick than you can tongue-punch in a week, kitster. They're as much Gypsys as CCR was cajun. Reminds me of a Dead Milkmen song... You'll dance to anything.

saw a guy totally passed out in the middle of the crowded tent durring 2 door cinema.. that stage was packed im surprised he wasnt getting stepped on.
    also saw a guy pass out straight on his back durring mumford and sons and yell for water and then walk away
    Quote Originally Posted by shoegazer76 View Post
    Passion Pit drew the biggest congregation of white people that couldn't dance that I've ever seen.

This poor guy passed out in the sun. I was going to wake him up but some girl beat me to it.
    Coachella Vet. 03,05,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,and 14

Quote Originally Posted by ElBlueblazer View Post
    This poor guy passed out in the sun. I was going to wake him up but some girl beat me to it.
    Ouch! He woulda been so crispy when he woke up. High Five for being a nice guy and helping (even if you got beat to it you thought of it).
    Coachella's '06, '08, '09, '10, '11
    Camp Touch This!

Brokendoll passed out, internet spent...

My husband and I had synchronized "oh shit I'm goin' down" moments right before The Strokes. Had a great spot up front, too, goddammit. We were having a great music conversation with this guy from Milwaukee when I started seeing black spots in front of my eyes and he started pouring freezing cold sweat.

It was really scary and not too fun to fight our way out of the crowd when we were in such bad shape but once we sat down on the grass and drank water, we gradually felt better. Had to enjoy the set sitting/lying down but we could still see the left big screen so it was alright. Think we didn't match our liquor intake with enough water that day.

I've had fainting spells my entire life so I have to be extra extra careful at an event like Coachella. It's not just about staying hydrated; it's a good idea to make sure you have extra sugar in your blood--fruit juices, oranges, pineapples, mangos, etc are great to raise blood sugar. I can't stand up in the heat for long periods of time--I have to find a place in the shade to sit until after 5 or 6p (I'm also prone to sunburns so this is twofold important), and for those of you who insist on not abandoning that excellent place in the crowd, be careful not to lock your knees! Concussions due to fainting are no joke, and in general it's a pretty scary feeling. Pace yourselves and listen to your bodies.
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysonBandivas View Post
    I want to know more about this festival.
    Weekend One & Weekend Two ftw

Quote Originally Posted by emllik View Post
    You totally missed where I was insulting Jimmy Eat World by sleeping through their entire set instead of paying the least bit of attention? At least I heard that "Gypsy" rock from afar, and made a good judgement call (being to see/do anything else). In fact.... I wore a purple shirt that day (my 80s/90s edition Palm Springs Harley shirt). That you take offense shows a lot about how insecure you are. Keep threatening to pants and suck every guy who doesn't like the music you listen to (you may not have typed "pants and suck you," but your intentions came through, Mollyman The E-Tard), but the band sucks more dick than you can tongue-punch in a week, kitster. They're as much Gypsys as CCR was cajun. Reminds me of a Dead Milkmen song... You'll dance to anything.
    I didn't watch either band, or type about pantsing anyone.....and even tho I did type plenty about molly...
    I never took any at coachella fuckstick....so stfu about what you don't know and don't expect everyone to assume your making a joke.

Passing out at coachella is for chumps. You've made it clear your a chump. End rant?/
    Last edited by hydr1; 04-25-2011 at 01:57 PM.

Someone passing out at Gogol.
    http://youtu.be/k2p9CbYcSW0

Vodka tonics kept me hydrated.

DFA 1979's set looked like a factory with all the people being carried out. I'd say it was a good half and half ratio of crowd surfers to those who had just passed the fuck out.

I saw a really random one:
    It was young-looking black girl, 16 - 18 maybe. She loaded up a chillum right when Wiz came on, smoked it with her little girl friend, and about 5 min after they were done smoking she slowly lowers her self to ground, lays down, and begins to just SCREAM.

As she was screaming, she started to like, touch "herself" kind of... it was really fucking weird and everyone around was just looking at her and her friend like "wtf?" Her friend lifts her back up, says something to her, and gives her a bottle of water.

At this point she seems cool and collected, taking a few sips of the water, but then about another 5 minutes later, shes back on the ground, eyes closed and OUT. Her friend and others around try and get her up but couldn't do it. I believe a staff member or someone saw it from behind and helped carry her out of the crowd.

Im thinkin she just got BLAZED and was a tad bit dehydrated.

hahaha who loses their cool like that just from weed? it either had to be laced with something or she was a noob smoking the most potent shit on the planet

This guy was passed out on Saturday around 6:25PM right outside the Sahara, when I went to go to the Mojave to see One Day as a Lion, I asked if he was ok and needed anything. He said everything was fine but he looked sky high off something...

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Bombay View Post
    I saw a really random one:
    It was young-looking black girl, 16 - 18 maybe. She loaded up a chillum right when Wiz came on, smoked it with her little girl friend, and about 5 min after they were done smoking she slowly lowers her self to ground, lays down, and begins to just SCREAM.

As she was screaming, she started to like, touch "herself" kind of... it was really fucking weird and everyone around was just looking at her and her friend like "wtf?" Her friend lifts her back up, says something to her, and gives her a bottle of water.

At this point she seems cool and collected, taking a few sips of the water, but then about another 5 minutes later, shes back on the ground, eyes closed and OUT. Her friend and others around try and get her up but couldn't do it. I believe a staff member or someone saw it from behind and helped carry her out of the crowd.

Im thinkin she just got BLAZED and was a tad bit dehydrated.

Salvia?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee Herman's Hermits View Post
    Melted my face off at Skrillex

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Supre doesnt know since he's usually in the bathroom going away at the glory hole. Noms Nom nom noms oooooo i'm taking a picture of that beast....****snap*** back to yum yums nom nom noms

Quote Originally Posted by icedKeg View Post
    Salvia?
    lol. Damn, I didn't even think about salvia...

But now that I do, that's almost exactly how I would describe her; losing it from salvia. But... no one would... honestly... salvia?

She still went out cold though, so whatever it is, weed or salvia, it couldn't have been the only cause.

Water was not nearly as easy to acquire this year.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRotten42 View Post
    These people are sleeping, or just chillin' it. Pictures of sleeping people is not the point of this thread

It's all about knowing your limits. I averaged 3 hours of sleep a night starting on Thursday night in lot 8. A few beers/water/coconut water in the morning then water all day until opening my mind around 7/7:30 every night. I also had a flask of tequila on me everyday to keep a mellow buzz and add to other substances in my body. Yea I would get tired but never missed a set and I never sat down during a set. I Gave so much water away to all the kids who think they can rage all day and night without hydrating. I'm all for people going as hard as they can at coachella but they just need to know to hydrate throughout the day....
    3/20 The Temper Trap @The El Rey
    4/13 Coachella week 1
    4/17 Madeon @The Roxy
    4/19 Nero, Dillon Francis, Sub Focus @Club Nokia
    5/11 Le Castle Vania, Beta Traxx, Burn Unit @Avalon
    6/8 EDC Las Vegas
    6/15 The Temper Trap @the palladium
    8/3 Hard Summer night 1
    8/9 Outsidelands Music Festival
    9/1 FYF Fest, LA Historic Park
    9/9 Hot Chip, Passion Pit @the Hollywood Bowl
    10/25 Two Door Cinema Club @the Palladium
    10/27 The Presets @Club Nokia

Quote Originally Posted by brematale111 View Post
    These people are sleeping, or just chillin' it. Pictures of sleeping people is not the point of this thread
    And what about the fat dude curled up with his head on a makeshift pillow? Most people don't pass out and make those.
    Supre doesnt know since he's usually in the bathroom going away at the glory hole. Noms Nom nom noms oooooo i'm taking a picture of that beast....****snap*** back to yum yums nom nom noms

yeah, he was taking a nap.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRotten42 View Post
    And what about the fat dude curled up with his head on a makeshift pillow? Most people don't pass out and make those.
    I just felt like singleing you out

Quote Originally Posted by brematale111 View Post
    I just felt like singleing you out

You may want to check you spelling too.
    Last edited by TheRotten42; 04-27-2011 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geno_g View Post
    This guy was passed out on Saturday around 6:25PM right outside the Sahara, when I went to go to the Mojave to see One Day as a Lion, I asked if he was ok and needed anything. He said everything was fine but he looked sky high off something...
    lol geno... i think i saw that dude too. 6:25 was laidback luke and i was sitting outside the sahara. totally saw that dude tripping the fuck out

There was this one dude in between Mojavi and Gobi with a hat on his face, and a plate on top of his hat in which he wrote:

"Hello, my name is George. I'm fine, I'm just sleeping. Please feel free to take pictures"

I didn't have my camera so I didn't...
    With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams; it is still a beautiful world.
    Coachella: 08, 09, 10, 11, 12w1, 12w2, 13w1, 14w2
    Lollapalooza: 08,10,11,12
    Burning Man: 08,10