Thread: Show Your Love For The Coachella Staff !

Default Show Your Love For The Coachella Staff !

Anyone who was assisted by security, medical, or any Coachella staff can put their compliments and kudos here.

Thanks to Louis (the security guy working at Chicken and Waffles near the front gate) for checking on me when I got heat exhaustion, and getting EMT for me!

Also thanks to Linda and Mariam at the EMT tent for helping me get back on my feet quickly so I can see the Chems!

Default Re: Show Your Love For The Coachella Staff !

Word. Staff were awesome!

i kept commenting to my friends that every staff member i talked to or ran into were super helpful and friends. only added to the good vibes of the weekend.

There were Marines who volunteered, so that they could raise money for the Marine Ball. They were so nice. Shout-out to all the servicemen! Thanks!

Also, thanks to the fine people who gave us water at the main stage while we were baking in the sun.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

The staff was really excellent this year. As far as I saw, things went very smoothly and I didn't have any issues or hassles about anything. Big improvement from some of the nonsense I saw/heard regarding security last year.

The ADA booth staff were friendly, efficient, offered free water and shuttle rides when you checked in for wristbands. The staff manning the ADA stages seemed more efficient as well, and the stage placement was generally better than last year. Props to GV for making the place better for everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    This is why you're a semi-employed cheetoh-munching fucktard.

Quote Originally Posted by Radiohead View Post
    The staff was really excellent this year. As far as I saw, things went very smoothly and I didn't have any issues or hassles about anything. Big improvement from some of the nonsense I saw/heard regarding security last year.
    My husband and I were talking about this all weekend!

Coachella Junkie

Staff was awesome this year. All were pretty enthusiastic, especially at the wristband check-in (where you high five the scanner). Much respect.

Had good experiences with the staff this year as well. I remember last year, a lot of them were taunting, abusing their so-called "authority", and generally unpleasant. This year they were friendlier and seemed happy to be there and had good vibes in general. Also saw a lot of them getting really into the music, which is cool to see

My girlfriend got something in her eye Friday and it was burning and watering really bad. Went to where a med tent was on the map and it wasn't there so I went and asked a security guard where it was. He ended up walking us all the way around and behind the beer garden to a med tent and they fixed her right up with an eye flushing. It sounds like a super minor thing but it really made my day to not have to walk all the way back to camp and struggle with getting it cleaned out there. It was her first day of her first Coachella and the way we were helped really started it out on an awesome foot.
    Thank you Security and Med guys
    Coachella's '06, '08, '09, '10, '11
    Camp Touch This!

All of the staff we came in contact were happy people. And the Staff pros at the main stage front area were awesome on Sat. night. We were in the front corner of the t for about 4 hours all the way through Animal Collective and those guys would lift out people over the barriers any time someone wanted out. And whenever someone had a problem they jumped in and helped. great job! And we had a good laugh at the guy who scanned my 20 year old daughter-he said uh-oh(we thought there was something wrong with the wristband!) and he said-the scanner says you are a party animal!

Thank you random security guard squirting us after the searches! You were pretty sly about it but I still spotted you! And thank you guards at the camping entrance for putting up with my seven car group wanting to camp together, our weekend was so amazing thanks to you!
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

Staff was great this year. Walking by some of them, a few randomly asked us how our weekend was going. Little things like that really added up to the greatness.

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    There were Marines who volunteered, so that they could raise money for the Marine Ball. They were so nice. Shout-out to all the servicemen! Thanks!
    They were so nice. Although you probably know this, almost every year the security guys are from bases around socal. So nice.

They told me that they were working from 7am to 2am to raise money. I wanted to give a donation on the spot but the guy said they couldn't take any money.

I'm sure they are going to be there for stagecoach, and probably big 4.

When I pulled up for my turn in the car camping search, I was greeted with, "Hey, it's the Mardi Gras truck!" I had all of our camp decor, glow stuff, and shiny things in the front seat. They were extremely lenient in their search and sent me on my way. The next day, Pete and I ran home to feed the cat and grab our bicycles, which meant we had to re-enter. We were in his truck this time and upon pulling up, the same security guys I had the day before were there smiling and announced, "It's the Mardi Gras truck girl!" Pretty amazing when you think about all the people they saw over that time span.
    And, while I'm sure they had incidents to deal with, for the most part they handled them professionally and without force. Makes me think that all those gate crashers last year were the reason security seemed so aggressive and angry at the rest of us.
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.