Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stop effing talking.......

Default Re: Stop effing talking.......

Quote Originally Posted by cigabrette View Post
    can we please add texting to this list of bullshit. and i don't mean just one text...i'm talking about the whole set. last year i was in the sahara and some fuckhead in front of me kept elbowing me because he was trying to text behind the girl he was dancing with....soooo goddamn annoying. DANCE OR LEAVE PLEASE!
    it's really only annoying on a dance floor, right?

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    Did these girls look like they were the daughters of Entertainment Professionals? Clearly they were asserting their creative dominance over the competition (Fleet Foxes.) Only in LA.
    This is too true. At the Hollywood Bowl we had the entire (or looked like) Kadashian clan sitting behind us...ugh what a nightmare. They wouldn't shut up!

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn163 View Post
    This is too true. At the Hollywood Bowl we had the entire (or looked like) Kadashian clan sitting behind us...ugh what a nightmare. They wouldn't shut up!
    I was joking. A few posts back a dude was blessing us with his theory that all obnoxious audience members in LA are obviously people who work in the entertainment industry. Either that or their next of kin. LA has more than its share of inconsiderate assholes, but it takes a special kind of prick to make gross generalizations about an entire industry that employs millions of people in this city just because he saw some actor being rude at a show. The Hollywood Bowl has more than it's share of loudmouths, but I'd say that has a lot more to do with their BYOB policy than the day jobs of the attendees.

"I would be down for a massive group meet-up for Radiohead's weekend 1 set just to make sure that this doesn't happen to any of us."

Ha ..that's awesome.

Everyone meets .. not a word said (of course polite head nodding) ... quietly forming an impenetrable sound circle free of douchery .. band finishes ..group quietly disperses

Crying softly to one's self is also permitted.

Crying softly to one's self is also permitted.
    No sniffles!

Not talking, but equally annoying:
    I saw Bon Iver in Chicago and little dude in front of me air-drummed the entire set, extremely accurately, but, like, super self-consciously. He was occasionally looking around to make sure everyone saw that he was nailing ever fill and choking every choked cymbal crash. It was the most bizarre way to be distracted through an entire set.
    1 Coachella before I got sober, 7 since. I support both versions. If you wanna do the sober version, roll with us:
    Click Soberchella 2013 for meeting details
    -------------------------------

I would be down for a massive group meet-up for Radiohead's weekend 1 set just to make sure that this doesn't happen to any of us.
    Quote Originally Posted by jfu222 View Post
    Ha ..that's awesome.

Everyone meets .. not a word said (of course polite head nodding) ... quietly forming an impenetrable sound circle free of douchery .. band finishes ..group quietly disperses
    I have been thinking about this since the original post. This is a very important set for me. Never seen Radiohead and might never see them again given their aversion to touring. Please tell all the "entertainment douche bags" (insert sarcasm) to shut the eff up during Radiohead please! I am down for a silent board meet up for Radiohead!!

I find dancing and bumping into people is the best way to avoid talkers, because you keep bumping into them, but you're sooooo into the music, they won't interrupt you. Try it, it fucking works people.

Quote Originally Posted by zonarob View Post
    I have been thinking about this since the original post. This is a very important set for me. Never seen Radiohead and might never see them again given their aversion to touring. Please tell all the "entertainment douche bags" (insert sarcasm) to shut the eff up during Radiohead please! I am down for a silent board meet up for Radiohead!!
    Never mind. Just bought tickets to see Radiohead in Phoenix tonight. Frees up conflicts next month!!

Honestly I hope it won't even be an issue. The first time I saw them at Outside Lands you could have heard a pin drop. The only time anyone made any noise was when the stage's sound system cut out during All I Need. I always wondered what 40,000 people groaning in unison sounded like.

Honestly I hope it won't even be an issue. The first time I saw them at Outside Lands you could have heard a pin drop. The only time anyone made any noise was when the stage's sound system cut out during All I Need. I always wondered what 40,000 people groaning in unison sounded like.
    I hope so too. The show last night was great. Sometimes I wonder if I am turning into a grumpy old man. It just seems to be common sense to shut your mouth and listen at a show. Only one guy behind me talking during one or two songs. Really looking forward to a different set list at Coachella.

I don't know if I would consider Radiohead having an aversion to touring. They pretty much tour for
    every album that comes out. We'll at least they play the LA area on every tour.

I have been thinking about this since the original post. This is a very important set for me. Never seen Radiohead and might never see them again given their aversion to playing Phoenix. Please tell all the "entertainment douche bags" (insert sarcasm) to shut the eff up during Radiohead please! I am down for a silent board meet up for Radiohead!!
    Fixed

Bump. Please spread the word.

2013 bump

or if you are going to talk at least make it interesting
    The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.

How bout the person who is singing every lyric in your ear? Also, they're off key.

If people are going to talk next to me at a set it better be about the location of a buried pirate treasure or something.

I'll take somebody singing and having a good time at the set over some bitch yapping about some text she just got from some guy any day of the week.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

The Radiohead show in Montreal had some bad talkers, and I was really close to the stage. I don't care what language you're speaking, if I can hear you during pyramid song you're going to get shushed.

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    I'll take somebody singing and having a good time at the set over some bitch yapping about some text she just got from some guy any day of the week.
    I agree with this ! I'd like to add no bringing instruments with you. Some girl a few years back at Coachella brought her tambourine to the Old Crow Medicine Show set. She was about 20 feet in front of me and its all I could hear. Everyone was looking around trying to figure out what the fuck that was. Finally spotted her and I then had to go spoil her day by telling her to put that down. She was very sad. But seriously, who brings their own instruments to shows ?

Decided this year I'm going to get at whatever stage early to get up front and avoid the talkers as much as possible. I prefer to stand in front of the mixing console where the sound is best, but the talkers last year were too much to handle. Fucking twats.

It's my festival and I'll talk where I want to.
    U MAD?

Quote Originally Posted by billypilgrimisunstuck View Post
    How bout the person who is singing every lyric in your ear? Also, they're off key.
    I went to a Violent Femmes concert and during the ENTIRE SHOW the whole crowed was a giant sing-a-long... Sounds great in theory but I couldn't hear The Violent Femmes at all. It was maddening!!! What made it worse was I was in the back and the sing-a-long had a time delay making its way to the back. Imagine a wave of people singing 'add it up' a'la row row row your boat...
    '01 '02 '03 '04 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '11 '12 '13...