Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 86

Thread: Stop effing talking.......

  1. #31
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Zenith, Winnemac
    Posts
    40,901

    Default Re: Stop effing talking.......

    Quote Originally Posted by allyjoy View Post
    Funny enough, a stranger talked to me throughout Mumford and Sons. Unfortunately, I was trying to hear the music.
    I'm disappointed I didn't run into you this year ally.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

  2. #32
    Member Basskitten85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Through the looking glass
    Posts
    254

    Default Re: Stop effing talking.......

    yeah a big fuck you to the dude on the phone during the set, go somewhere else dude where u can be heard instead of saying "can u hear me " every 2 seconds. Clearly your retarded.
    "There's a shadow just behind me,shrouding every breath I take,making every promise empty,pointing every finger at me."

  3. #33
    Member cuauhtemoc723's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    silverlake, los angeles
    Posts
    565

    Default Re: Stop effing talking.......

    why can't every crowd be like godspeed you! black emperor's crowd at the music box. the crowd was completely quiet during the songs. it was so absolutely quiet, as if i was at the opera. and the crowd would wait until the piece was completely over and couple seconds later, they'd clapped. i was so amazed and appreciative.

    Quote Originally Posted by zonarob View Post
    During the sets. I am so annoyed by people thinking that their conversation is so much more important than my enjoyment of the music. Shut the eff up during the music. PLEASE!!!!
    this times ∞!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    when i saw björk for the volta tour, there were bombastic songs and intimate quiet songs. during one of the softer ones, there were this two people talking nonsense. i turned around after not taking it anymore and asked, "look, i'm not asking you to shup, go ahead and talk. but please keep it low enough so that i can't hear you, this is a really soft song. thank you!"
    i immediately turned around and hoped i wouldn't get punched in the back of the head. i was so surprised i did that (it was to taller guys, i'm 5'5"). but they kept it down - phew!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    Get over it. people chat
    i'm not gonna tell someone to stop doing something because at any point, i may do something without the intention to be a jerk/inconsiderate, but end up coming off that way. the only i'd like is if people were more considerate. why do you have to yell about the most meaningless things during shows. if your conversation is so important, get away from the crowd.

    Quote Originally Posted by zonarob View Post
    Why spend spend 500.00 to a 1000.00 for the entire weekend and then not even listen to the music.
    because some people have it like that. why would i buy a t-shirt @ coachella for $25 when that can feed a family in an impoverished country for some time? different people have different priorities.
    i would have told the mom, "people are allowed to be crazy like you allowing them that it's okay to be inconsiderate and not respect the musicians, the art or the audience."

    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Sorry, I'm not going to go with the flow when a song that I've waited the better part of my boobie-having life to hear live comes on and these two stupid teenage bitches waiting for Kanye behind me are talking loudly about absolutely nothing. If there's a quiet song on or it's a quiet set, shut the fuck up.
    this is what bugs me the most, the conversations are completely stupid! if they were talking about the music, maybe i could forgive a comment or two. but a conversation about the most bullshit subject during an intimate moment between me and the music, FUCK YOU!

    Quote Originally Posted by nbvcide View Post
    TIP: IF THE TALKING OF PEOPLE AROUND YOU IS KEEPING YOU FROM ENJOYING A SET........ YOU'RE TOO FUCKING FAR FROM THE STAGE/SPEAKERS.
    disagree. some people are right in the middle of the pit and yell until they're heard. i don't need to go deaf for people's lack of consideration. i take responsibility for moving myself since i can't move them, so i do. but at small venues with a packed crowd, it's tough.
    Jagwar Ma ● the Knife ● GOAT ● the Preatures ● Bo Ningen ● Woodkid ● QOTSA ● Foxygen ● Little Dragon
    DARKSIDE ● Lorde ● Temples ● Factory Floor ● Banks ● Duck Sauce ● Grouplove ● Pet Shop Boys
    ††† ● OutKast ● Muse ● Mogwai ● Austra ● CHVRCHES ● Syd Arthur ● J. Roddy Watson & the Business


    wishlist, still: wishlist, still: missy elliot●oingo boingo●talking heads●grace jones●george clinton●fiona apple
    sweat.x●jamiroquai●space●hooverphonic●los fabulosos cadillacs●la santa cecilia

  4. #34

    Default Re: Stop effing talking.......

    thats why i brought my tazer

    Quote Originally Posted by zonarob View Post
    During the sets. I am so annoyed by people thinking that their conversation is so much more important than my enjoyment of the music. Shut the eff up during the music. PLEASE!!!!

  5. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tukee
    Posts
    95

    Default Re: Stop effing talking.......

    Is it too early to bump this thread? Pass the word Please!!

  6. #36
    Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nomad's land
    Posts
    9,946

    Default Re: Stop effing talking.......

    worried about mangum. gotta get close.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

  7. #37
    Coachella Junkie Boourns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    26,762

    Default Re: Stop effing talking.......

    Quote Originally Posted by nbvcide View Post
    TIP: IF THE TALKING OF PEOPLE AROUND YOU IS KEEPING YOU FROM ENJOYING A SET........ YOU'RE TOO FUCKING FAR FROM THE STAGE/SPEAKERS.
    Had to deal with assholes running their mouths nonstop at both portishead sets at atp last year. Was in the second row the first night and then rail the next.
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/17 Karen O at Masonic Lodge, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/20 Chvrches @ Tower Theatre, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

  8. #38
    Stage Manager captncrzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    TBD
    Posts
    19,887

    Default Re: Stop effing talking.......

    I need a Zazzle shirt that says "Shut the fucking fuck up" on the back.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

  9. #39
    AMBIVALENT bobert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    3,806

    Default Re: Stop effing talking.......

    Every year I encounter this in some form another and it's probably my biggest pet peeve during any live event. I'm always so tempted to tell people to shut the fuck up, but always worry that I'll just end causing more of a distraction to the people around me. Instead I usually just stand there like a dumbass hating myself for letting some piece of shit take my attention away from the music. Unfortunately with festivals there are is a large portion of the audience that is just there to get fucked up and socialize, and the bands are nothing more than background music for their little cocktail party on the polo fields. Being around a respectful group of audience members is a higher priority for me than view of the stage and pretty much every other consideration that goes into finding a spot to watch a show. Unfortunately that's the hardest thing to judge.

  10. #40
    Member Wonderbot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,042

    Default Re: Stop effing talking.......

    Fuck that, I always tell people to shut the fuck up nicely first. And not so nicely if they ignore me.

    One time I pushed a dude so hard I never saw him again.
    With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams; it is still a beautiful world.
    Coachella: 08, 09, 10, 11, 12w1, 12w2, 13w1, 14w2
    Lollapalooza: 08,10,11,12
    Burning Man: 08,10

  11. #41

    Default Re: Stop effing talking.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Had to deal with assholes running their mouths nonstop at both portishead sets at atp last year. Was in the second row the first night and then rail the next.
    This reminds me of Portishead at the Shrine earlier this year. Not only would a bunch of people hoot and scream EVERY FUCKING TIME A SONG GOT QUIET, there were 2 people in front of me who literally talked through ALL of Wandering Star. After that happened I just had to move.

  12. #42
    AMBIVALENT bobert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    3,806

    Default Re: Stop effing talking.......

    I would be down for a massive group meet-up for Radiohead's weekend 1 set just to make sure that this doesn't happen to any of us.

  13. #43
    Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nomad's land
    Posts
    9,946

    Default Re: Stop effing talking.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderbot View Post
    Fuck that, I always tell people to shut the fuck up nicely first. And not so nicely if they ignore me.

    One time I pushed a dude so hard I never saw him again.
    tough story, bro
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

  14. #44
    Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nomad's land
    Posts
    9,946

    Default Re: Stop effing talking.......

    Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    I would be down for a massive group meet-up for Radiohead's weekend 1 set just to make sure that this doesn't happen to any of us.
    word
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

  15. #45
    Member hippityhip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    548

    Default Re: Stop effing talking.......

    It might be a cultural thing. Have you guys ever been to the movies with a group of Jamaicans? Talk about chatterboxes.
    Four Tet - Mohawk - 3/1
    Mac Demarco - Mohawk - 4/13

  16. #46

    Default Re: Stop effing talking.......

    the worst for me had to have been during portishead's set in 2008.. so i just moved up closer and the problem was solved.
    '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12 w1, '13 w2..

  17. #47
    Coachella Junkie greghead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    6,087

    Default Re: Stop effing talking.......

    Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon66 View Post
    This reminds me of Portishead at the Shrine earlier this year. Not only would a bunch of people hoot and scream EVERY FUCKING TIME A SONG GOT QUIET, there were 2 people in front of me who literally talked through ALL of Wandering Star. After that happened I just had to move.
    At their Berkeley show last year some fucking twat talked through the entire intro of "Roads." I repeatedly ashed my joint in his beer for such a transgression. I hope he dies a miserable death.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

  18. #48
    photoslut ivankay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Stanton, Ca
    Posts
    7,899

    Default Re: Stop effing talking.......

    One of the worst things is when someone you know wants to talk to you during a show. When i don't hear them the first time and they proceed to get close to an ear and yell. Fucking hurts yo.

  19. #49

    Default Re: Stop effing talking.......

    Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    worried about mangum. gotta get close.
    This terrifies me. If people are talking loudly during Jeff's set. I saw him at ATP in Jersey last year at the
    seated theater and the entire crowd was dead silent except for the fuck sitting directly behind me who
    proceeded to have a full on coversation with his girl during "two headed boy part 2" - I shushed his ass
    up after about 10 seconds and gave him an " I will stab you" if you speak again look.

    At Coachella - thankfully its an open field - I usually have to move at least once per set due to someone
    talking over the music.

  20. #50
    Lurker cigabrette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    47

    Default Re: Stop effing talking.......

    can we please add texting to this list of bullshit. and i don't mean just one text...i'm talking about the whole set. last year i was in the sahara and some fuckhead in front of me kept elbowing me because he was trying to text behind the girl he was dancing with....soooo goddamn annoying. DANCE OR LEAVE PLEASE!

  21. #51
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tukee
    Posts
    95

    Default Re: Stop effing talking.......

    Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    I would be down for a massive group meet-up for Radiohead's weekend 1 set just to make sure that this doesn't happen to any of us.
    +2.

  22. #52
    Member IlliniQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Posts
    638

    Default Re: Stop effing talking.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    Get over it
    people chat
    Yes, but it's always seemed much, much worse to me in the LA area than most other parts of the country...for people complaining about chatter among the crowds at Coachella, try a set at the Hollywood Bowl...personally, I've always felt a big part of the problem with LA area shows is that such a high percentage of those in attendance are usually entertainment professionals (or worse, the children of entertainment professionals). As anyone who works in a creative industry knows, there is absolutely no right or wrong, one's success is based almost entirely on how assertive and convincing you are in promoting your creative ideas over those of your competition and co-workes, and I feel this trait carries over into concert attendance...the excess chatter is a subconscious manifestation of these industry types' need to assert their own self-importance and/or creative superiority over the artists on stage...actor Peter Sarsgaard was 10 rows in front of me at a concert I attended recently and it was comical the amount of time he spent standing with his back to the show chatting up friends or fans in the few rows behind him and glancing up at the crowd to see who recognized him...think he just completely ignored all of Smith-Westerns and Warpaint.

    Then again, I could be reading too much in to it and it's just as you say...people chat, and some take it to inconsiderate levels.

  23. #53
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Zenith, Winnemac
    Posts
    40,901

    Default Re: Stop effing talking.......

    Quote Originally Posted by cigabrette View Post
    can we please add texting to this list of bullshit. and i don't mean just one text...i'm talking about the whole set. last year i was in the sahara and some fuckhead in front of me kept elbowing me because he was trying to text behind the girl he was dancing with....soooo goddamn annoying. DANCE OR LEAVE PLEASE!
    you are a retard.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

  24. #54
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tukee
    Posts
    95

    Default Re: Stop effing talking.......

    Quote Originally Posted by IlliniQ View Post

    Then again, I could be reading too much in to it and it's just as you say...people chat, and some take it to inconsiderate levels.
    This. Thou there are many industry types and wannabe industry types douching the place up it is mostly inconsiderate morons with no self awareness how of stupid they are.

  25. #55
    AMBIVALENT bobert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    3,806

    Default Re: Stop effing talking.......

    Quote Originally Posted by IlliniQ View Post
    Yes, but it's always seemed much, much worse to me in the LA area than most other parts of the country...for people complaining about chatter among the crowds at Coachella, try a set at the Hollywood Bowl...personally, I've always felt a big part of the problem with LA area shows is that such a high percentage of those in attendance are usually entertainment professionals (or worse, the children of entertainment professionals). As anyone who works in a creative industry knows, there is absolutely no right or wrong, one's success is based almost entirely on how assertive and convincing you are in promoting your creative ideas over those of your competition and co-workes, and I feel this trait carries over into concert attendance...the excess chatter is a subconscious manifestation of these industry types' need to assert their own self-importance and/or creative superiority over the artists on stage...actor Peter Sarsgaard was 10 rows in front of me at a concert I attended recently and it was comical the amount of time he spent standing with his back to the show chatting up friends or fans in the few rows behind him and glancing up at the crowd to see who recognized him...think he just completely ignored all of Smith-Westerns and Warpaint.

    Then again, I could be reading too much in to it and it's just as you say...people chat, and some take it to inconsiderate levels.
    You're a fucking idiot.

    Sincerely,

    An Entertainment Professional

  26. #56
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Lonesome Crowded Mid-West
    Posts
    114

    Default Re: Stop effing talking.......

    Quote Originally Posted by R41N570RM View Post
    Nobody would shut the fuck up during Mumford and Sons.
    Is that such a bad thing?

  27. #57

    Default Re: Stop effing talking.......

    I don't know where all of you are from, but I live in LA and the chatter is the WORST here. I long for Coachella crowds whenever I go to a show here. I went to the Fleet Foxes at the Greek theater (assigned seats, so I could not move) and these 3 bitchy girls were yelling and cackling the ENTIRE show. People kept shushing them and they would just make fun of them back. The Fleet Foxes are so mellow and they were so loud it was ridiculous. They not only ruined the show for me, but also the band for a little while.

    It was gotten to the point I want to just travel to see shows instead of ever seeing on in LA, but that would get too expensive. I am just glad other people hate it too, I thought I was just getting old.

  28. #58
    AMBIVALENT bobert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    3,806

    Default Re: Stop effing talking.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Visapet View Post
    I don't know where all of you are from, but I live in LA and the chatter is the WORST here. I long for Coachella crowds whenever I go to a show here. I went to the Fleet Foxes at the Greek theater (assigned seats, so I could not move) and these 3 bitchy girls were yelling and cackling the ENTIRE show. People kept shushing them and they would just make fun of them back. The Fleet Foxes are so mellow and they were so loud it was ridiculous. They not only ruined the show for me, but also the band for a little while.

    It was gotten to the point I want to just travel to see shows instead of ever seeing on in LA, but that would get too expensive. I am just glad other people hate it too, I thought I was just getting old.
    Did these girls look like they were the daughters of Entertainment Professionals? Clearly they were asserting their creative dominance over the competition (Fleet Foxes.) Only in LA.

  29. #59
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tukee
    Posts
    95

    Default Re: Stop effing talking.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Visapet View Post
    I don't know where all of you are from, but I live in LA and the chatter is the WORST here. I long for Coachella crowds whenever I go to a show here. I went to the Fleet Foxes at the Greek theater (assigned seats, so I could not move) and these 3 bitchy girls were yelling and cackling the ENTIRE show. People kept shushing them and they would just make fun of them back. The Fleet Foxes are so mellow and they were so loud it was ridiculous. They not only ruined the show for me, but also the band for a little while.

    It was gotten to the point I want to just travel to see shows instead of ever seeing on in LA, but that would get too expensive. I am just glad other people hate it too, I thought I was just getting old.
    Aren't the Coachella crowds mostly SoCal?

  30. #60
    Member aphrael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,375

    Default Re: Stop effing talking.......

    Quote Originally Posted by sarahbee2005 View Post
    I agree. The most inattentive crowd ever was ratatat. holy shit. you know it's bad when you can't hear ratatat.
    *puzzled look*

    Trentemoeller and Ratatat, combined, were one of the best sets i've ever seen at Coachella, with one of the best crowds.

    'Course, I was like three rows from the front.

Similar Threads

  1. Everybody Stop Talking And Shut Up Forever
    By PotVsKtl in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 98
    Last Post: 11-02-2013, 09:10 AM
  2. I don't care about your effing Tweets!
    By Castanets in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-03-2009, 08:42 AM
  3. 10 effing K
    By TeamCoachellaHellYeah in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-28-2008, 08:40 PM
  4. I Effing Hate It When People Don't Just Say Fuck
    By PineapplePete in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 05-08-2007, 08:58 PM
  5. I Effing love those frozen Lemonades!
    By kennycarly in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-06-2007, 10:04 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •