Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stop effing talking.......

Hybrid View

Default Stop effing talking.......

During the sets. I am so annoyed by people thinking that their conversation is so much more important than my enjoyment of the music. Shut the eff up during the music. PLEASE!!!!

Default Re: Stop effing talking.......

Wouldn't it have made more sense to ask people not to talk during sets before the festival was over?

Yes. This.

If you are camped and waiting for the next band to come on...fine. Just shut the fucking fuck up during it.

Majorly yapping assholes at:

Mumford and Sons
    PJ Harvey
    Glasser
    Ellie Goulding
    Elbow
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

There was an uber-lame couple that made it up for the Chems and then proceeded to attempt to have a conversation during the whole set, including during Horsepower. Insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownHeat View Post
    There was an uber-lame couple that made it up for the Chems and then proceeded to attempt to have a conversation during the whole set, including during Horsepower. Insanity.
    I keep reading your post and it just doesn't make sense
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

There were these two guys during Mumford and Sons talking to their friends loudly with their backs to the stage while I was trying to record the show. I wanted to take my monopod an stab them in the throats. If you're not going face the stage for a band, why the fuck are you even there?

Quote Originally Posted by magmazing View Post
    There were these two guys during Mumford and Sons talking to their friends loudly with their backs to the stage while I was trying to record the show. I wanted to take my monopod an stab them in the throats. If you're not going face the stage for a band, why the fuck are you even there?
    Why spend spend 500.00 to a 1000.00 for the entire weekend and then not even listen to the music. I had two preteen kids horsing around and talking during Duran Duran. When I asked them to be quiet, their mother proceeds to tell me its a concert and its ok to be crazy. Please be crazy.... and listen to the music!

Get over it
    people chat

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    Get over it
    people chat
    Yes, but it's always seemed much, much worse to me in the LA area than most other parts of the country...for people complaining about chatter among the crowds at Coachella, try a set at the Hollywood Bowl...personally, I've always felt a big part of the problem with LA area shows is that such a high percentage of those in attendance are usually entertainment professionals (or worse, the children of entertainment professionals). As anyone who works in a creative industry knows, there is absolutely no right or wrong, one's success is based almost entirely on how assertive and convincing you are in promoting your creative ideas over those of your competition and co-workes, and I feel this trait carries over into concert attendance...the excess chatter is a subconscious manifestation of these industry types' need to assert their own self-importance and/or creative superiority over the artists on stage...actor Peter Sarsgaard was 10 rows in front of me at a concert I attended recently and it was comical the amount of time he spent standing with his back to the show chatting up friends or fans in the few rows behind him and glancing up at the crowd to see who recognized him...think he just completely ignored all of Smith-Westerns and Warpaint.

Then again, I could be reading too much in to it and it's just as you say...people chat, and some take it to inconsiderate levels.

Quote Originally Posted by IlliniQ View Post

Then again, I could be reading too much in to it and it's just as you say...people chat, and some take it to inconsiderate levels.
    This. Thou there are many industry types and wannabe industry types douching the place up it is mostly inconsiderate morons with no self awareness how of stupid they are.

Quote Originally Posted by IlliniQ View Post
    Yes, but it's always seemed much, much worse to me in the LA area than most other parts of the country...for people complaining about chatter among the crowds at Coachella, try a set at the Hollywood Bowl...personally, I've always felt a big part of the problem with LA area shows is that such a high percentage of those in attendance are usually entertainment professionals (or worse, the children of entertainment professionals). As anyone who works in a creative industry knows, there is absolutely no right or wrong, one's success is based almost entirely on how assertive and convincing you are in promoting your creative ideas over those of your competition and co-workes, and I feel this trait carries over into concert attendance...the excess chatter is a subconscious manifestation of these industry types' need to assert their own self-importance and/or creative superiority over the artists on stage...actor Peter Sarsgaard was 10 rows in front of me at a concert I attended recently and it was comical the amount of time he spent standing with his back to the show chatting up friends or fans in the few rows behind him and glancing up at the crowd to see who recognized him...think he just completely ignored all of Smith-Westerns and Warpaint.

You're a fucking idiot.

Sincerely,

An Entertainment Professional

Add BAD to the list. We were up front, and these 2 girls (not teens) were talking so loud through the set. I politely asked them to keep it down because I couldn't hear Mick Jones and they looked very embarrassed. They actually started dancing and didn't hear a peep out of them the rest of the set.

Now, to the 2 other girls that pushed their way in front of me during this set just to text message and talk....Fuck you!

I was about 5 rows from the front for tallest man on earth, when some jackass and 2 girls come pushing their way up and end up right next to me for the last 2 songs, and started talking so effing loud I was tempted to donkey-punch them. so fucking inconsiderate. like is it really necessary to push your way up front just to try to talk OVER the music in the ears of people who have been looking forward to this show for months?

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn163 View Post
    Add BAD to the list. We were up front, and these 2 girls (not teens) were talking so loud through the set. I politely asked them to keep it down because I couldn't hear Mick Jones and they looked very embarrassed. They actually started dancing and didn't hear a peep out of them the rest of the set.
    Had this happen last year during Deadweather. Two young guys talking (yelling) during the set. I turned around and said "Jack White is a fucking modern day virtuoso please shut up". Not a peep the rest of the set. After I apologized and they were like no problem we get it.

VigoTheCarpathian

This has always irked me at shows I care about but at coachella you sort of have to go with the flow

Quote Originally Posted by VigoTheCarpathian View Post
    This has always irked me at shows I care about but at coachella you sort of have to go with the flow
    This is true, and I'm glad BAD was the only time I had to experience the BS.

Sorry, I'm not going to go with the flow when a song that I've waited the better part of my boobie-having life to hear live comes on and these two stupid teenage bitches waiting for Kanye behind me are talking loudly about absolutely nothing.

If there's a quiet song on or it's a quiet set, shut the fuck up.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    Get over it
    people chat
    Quote Originally Posted by VigoTheCarpathian View Post
    at coachella you sort of have to go with the flow
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

VigoTheCarpathian

hmmm...I feel you dude, I do.

Add Cold War Kids to that list. There was the fucking bitchiest mother ever next to me during the show. Her 12 year old daughter was sitting on the ground silently pouting, not saying anything, and the mom just starts screaming at her "You are not ruining this for me, just wait for them to play Saint John and we'll leave, come on". And about 15 minutes before the set ends her daughter's like "why haven't they played Saint John yet, you said we were leaving soon" and the mom's like "Well they always save the best songs for last, duh!"

Fucking sneaky bitch. She probably knew they play Saint John as their final song in most of their shows anyways.

Oh my god yes. The worst was Ratatat. Three assholes from land of the Giants decided to stand right in front of me and proceed to yell/talk as loud as they possibly could whilst spilling beer everywhere. The funniest part is their conversation was about how much they loved Ratatat. I was so close to tapping them and asking," Do you even like this band? Then shut the fuck up and dance!". Eventually they left halfway through the set, but it boggles me how many times I witnessed similar situations throughout the festival.

VigoTheCarpathian

hahhaha! when djoo snap that pic of us?!? must of been at the doo lab I guess.

Drunk dude during Arcade Fire commenting on EVERYTHING. The fact that I was high just made me zero in on it and concentrate on it and it would reverb in my brain, finally about halfway through the set we were able to get far enough away from him that I couldn't hear him any more, thank GOD.
    2013 = Coverchella

2011 = Perfectchella

old school

TIP: IF THE TALKING OF PEOPLE AROUND YOU IS KEEPING YOU FROM ENJOYING A SET........ YOU'RE TOO FUCKING FAR FROM THE STAGE/SPEAKERS.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Daft Punk will unveil its third member, Crush.

I agree. The most inattentive crowd ever was ratatat. holy shit. you know it's bad when you can't hear ratatat.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahbee2005 View Post
    I agree. The most inattentive crowd ever was ratatat. holy shit. you know it's bad when you can't hear ratatat.
    *puzzled look*

Trentemoeller and Ratatat, combined, were one of the best sets i've ever seen at Coachella, with one of the best crowds.

'Course, I was like three rows from the front.

Quote Originally Posted by nbvcide View Post
    TIP: IF THE TALKING OF PEOPLE AROUND YOU IS KEEPING YOU FROM ENJOYING A SET........ YOU'RE TOO FUCKING FAR FROM THE STAGE/SPEAKERS.
    I like your critical thinking skills! The only problem is that the louder the music the louder these jackasses scream at each other to have their conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by nbvcide View Post
    Had to deal with assholes running their mouths nonstop at both portishead sets at atp last year. Was in the second row the first night and then rail the next.
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel & Daniel Johnston @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Had to deal with assholes running their mouths nonstop at both portishead sets at atp last year. Was in the second row the first night and then rail the next.
    This reminds me of Portishead at the Shrine earlier this year. Not only would a bunch of people hoot and scream EVERY FUCKING TIME A SONG GOT QUIET, there were 2 people in front of me who literally talked through ALL of Wandering Star. After that happened I just had to move.

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon66 View Post
    This reminds me of Portishead at the Shrine earlier this year. Not only would a bunch of people hoot and scream EVERY FUCKING TIME A SONG GOT QUIET, there were 2 people in front of me who literally talked through ALL of Wandering Star. After that happened I just had to move.
    At their Berkeley show last year some fucking twat talked through the entire intro of "Roads." I repeatedly ashed my joint in his beer for such a transgression. I hope he dies a miserable death.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?