Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stop effing talking.......

Default Stop effing talking.......

During the sets. I am so annoyed by people thinking that their conversation is so much more important than my enjoyment of the music. Shut the eff up during the music. PLEASE!!!!

Default Re: Stop effing talking.......

Wouldn't it have made more sense to ask people not to talk during sets before the festival was over?

Yes. This.

If you are camped and waiting for the next band to come on...fine. Just shut the fucking fuck up during it.

Majorly yapping assholes at:

Mumford and Sons
    PJ Harvey
    Glasser
    Ellie Goulding
    Elbow
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

There was an uber-lame couple that made it up for the Chems and then proceeded to attempt to have a conversation during the whole set, including during Horsepower. Insanity.

There were these two guys during Mumford and Sons talking to their friends loudly with their backs to the stage while I was trying to record the show. I wanted to take my monopod an stab them in the throats. If you're not going face the stage for a band, why the fuck are you even there?

Get over it
    people chat

Quote Originally Posted by magmazing View Post
    There were these two guys during Mumford and Sons talking to their friends loudly with their backs to the stage while I was trying to record the show. I wanted to take my monopod an stab them in the throats. If you're not going face the stage for a band, why the fuck are you even there?
    Why spend spend 500.00 to a 1000.00 for the entire weekend and then not even listen to the music. I had two preteen kids horsing around and talking during Duran Duran. When I asked them to be quiet, their mother proceeds to tell me its a concert and its ok to be crazy. Please be crazy.... and listen to the music!

Add BAD to the list. We were up front, and these 2 girls (not teens) were talking so loud through the set. I politely asked them to keep it down because I couldn't hear Mick Jones and they looked very embarrassed. They actually started dancing and didn't hear a peep out of them the rest of the set.

Now, to the 2 other girls that pushed their way in front of me during this set just to text message and talk....Fuck you!

I was about 5 rows from the front for tallest man on earth, when some jackass and 2 girls come pushing their way up and end up right next to me for the last 2 songs, and started talking so effing loud I was tempted to donkey-punch them. so fucking inconsiderate. like is it really necessary to push your way up front just to try to talk OVER the music in the ears of people who have been looking forward to this show for months?

Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownHeat View Post
    There was an uber-lame couple that made it up for the Chems and then proceeded to attempt to have a conversation during the whole set, including during Horsepower. Insanity.
    I keep reading your post and it just doesn't make sense
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

VigoTheCarpathian

This has always irked me at shows I care about but at coachella you sort of have to go with the flow

Quote Originally Posted by VigoTheCarpathian View Post
    This has always irked me at shows I care about but at coachella you sort of have to go with the flow
    This is true, and I'm glad BAD was the only time I had to experience the BS.

Sorry, I'm not going to go with the flow when a song that I've waited the better part of my boobie-having life to hear live comes on and these two stupid teenage bitches waiting for Kanye behind me are talking loudly about absolutely nothing.

If there's a quiet song on or it's a quiet set, shut the fuck up.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

VigoTheCarpathian

hmmm...I feel you dude, I do.

Add Cold War Kids to that list. There was the fucking bitchiest mother ever next to me during the show. Her 12 year old daughter was sitting on the ground silently pouting, not saying anything, and the mom just starts screaming at her "You are not ruining this for me, just wait for them to play Saint John and we'll leave, come on". And about 15 minutes before the set ends her daughter's like "why haven't they played Saint John yet, you said we were leaving soon" and the mom's like "Well they always save the best songs for last, duh!"

Fucking sneaky bitch. She probably knew they play Saint John as their final song in most of their shows anyways.

Oh my god yes. The worst was Ratatat. Three assholes from land of the Giants decided to stand right in front of me and proceed to yell/talk as loud as they possibly could whilst spilling beer everywhere. The funniest part is their conversation was about how much they loved Ratatat. I was so close to tapping them and asking," Do you even like this band? Then shut the fuck up and dance!". Eventually they left halfway through the set, but it boggles me how many times I witnessed similar situations throughout the festival.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn163 View Post
    Add BAD to the list. We were up front, and these 2 girls (not teens) were talking so loud through the set. I politely asked them to keep it down because I couldn't hear Mick Jones and they looked very embarrassed. They actually started dancing and didn't hear a peep out of them the rest of the set.
    Had this happen last year during Deadweather. Two young guys talking (yelling) during the set. I turned around and said "Jack White is a fucking modern day virtuoso please shut up". Not a peep the rest of the set. After I apologized and they were like no problem we get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    Get over it
    people chat
    Quote Originally Posted by VigoTheCarpathian View Post
    at coachella you sort of have to go with the flow
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

VigoTheCarpathian

hahhaha! when djoo snap that pic of us?!? must of been at the doo lab I guess.

Drunk dude during Arcade Fire commenting on EVERYTHING. The fact that I was high just made me zero in on it and concentrate on it and it would reverb in my brain, finally about halfway through the set we were able to get far enough away from him that I couldn't hear him any more, thank GOD.
    2013 = Coverchella

2011 = Perfectchella

old school

TIP: IF THE TALKING OF PEOPLE AROUND YOU IS KEEPING YOU FROM ENJOYING A SET........ YOU'RE TOO FUCKING FAR FROM THE STAGE/SPEAKERS.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Daft Punk will unveil its third member, Crush.

I agree. The most inattentive crowd ever was ratatat. holy shit. you know it's bad when you can't hear ratatat.

Yeah, we had a lot of talkers around us at Mumford & Sons and that sucked a lot of my enjoyment out of that set. We started off next to some really loud frat boy types at Arcade Fire too, but we moved the fuck away from their asses super fast.

Nobody would shut the fuck up during Mumford and Sons.
    COACHELLA '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '11

08/09 - Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs
    08/12 - Sigur Ros
    08/24 - Shlohmo
    09/01 - FYF Fest
    09/11 - Swans
    10/06 - Mono
    10/13 - The XX

Yeah people talking during shows is annoying
    Having said I would rather talk to a stranger than listen to a Mumford set

Funny enough, a stranger talked to me throughout Mumford and Sons. Unfortunately, I was trying to hear the music.
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    the only cocks I suck belong to black women.
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyboyUNM View Post
    We use the term "Off-roading" when we wanna go down on a guy with a freakish bush. "Randy, should I throw some Nair to my patch?" "Nah, brah, I wanna go off-roading"

some chick was talking about how one of the band members in Mumford and Sons looked like a hobbit and how she wanted to fuck him all while some guy was hitting on her and her friends, totally sucked sucked ass, didn't help that Mumford and Sons was boring as hell.

After hearing chatters for a while I usually point out politely that someone is on stage and that helps-or I just move away but then there is probably somebody else talking. Even up front-you have those people who are just waiting for a different band so they don't care to hear the current performer. I wish they would either be respectful or leave the up front room for the fans who actually want to hear and see. I had a girl with her back to the stage during Animal Collective( in the front section! ) whose hair was on my back since we were so close.There were a bunch of Arcade Fire fans filling the space. Even if they don't like Animal Colective I thought the light show was great enough to give attention to.

Lurker

Talking during quiet sets is always my number one annoyance at Coachella. It's so disrespectful to the artists, and to everyone else around you that paid good money to see the acts. This year I solved the problem by moving directly in front of anyone who was having a fucking extended conversation during a set. This helped me get away from people who were jabbering on AND helped me get closer to the stage for each set.

Quote Originally Posted by nbvcide View Post
    TIP: IF THE TALKING OF PEOPLE AROUND YOU IS KEEPING YOU FROM ENJOYING A SET........ YOU'RE TOO FUCKING FAR FROM THE STAGE/SPEAKERS.
    I like your critical thinking skills! The only problem is that the louder the music the louder these jackasses scream at each other to have their conversation.