Thread: Old guy (aka, 40) goes to Coachella for first time, blogs about it...

Default Old guy (aka, 40) goes to Coachella for first time, blogs about it...

Enjoy (or not).

http://tomrants.com/?p=467

Default Re: Old guy (aka, 40) goes to Coachella for first time, blogs about it...

You lost me on "Madness literally transported me back 30 years." Because that did not literally happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Default Re: Old guy (aka, 40) goes to Coachella for first time, blogs about it...

I'm pretty sure that's the back of my head in your madness pic. (foreground, center, messy long-blondish hair).
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013
    11/19 Night Terrors of 1927 at Soda Bar 11/11 & 11/18 Night Terrors of 1927 at The Echo
    1/23 Dent May at The Echo 1/19/14 Volcano Choir at H.o.B. San Diego

Sad of the Day: Radiohead. Whether it was bad timing for me, a performance that just didn’t reach the size of this particular crowd or, blasphemously, just that they weren’t all that good, Radiohead’s set was a disappointment. And if I could, I’d grab two or three of the dozens of concert-goers who streamed away from the mainstage in the 45 minutes preceding my departure to back me up. Though I’d felt this since early in the evening on Friday, my reaction to Radiohead’s performance – a band I truly enjoy and “get,” though I believe Thom Yorke maybe getting too deep inside his own brain rather often of late – confirmed it: at a festival like Coachella, you really have to follow your own heart and your own mood to make the most out of it. The night before, I’d been looking forward to seeing Mazzy Star. But when it came time for their set, I just wasn’t in the mode for their brand of music. Not that I don’t still really like Mazzy Star – it just wasn’t right for me at that moment. And, unfortunately, Radiohead – at best – fell into that category on this Saturday night.
    Fucking retarded old man
    With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams; it is still a beautiful world.
    Coachella: 08, 09, 10, 11, 12w1, 12w2, 13w1, 14w2
    Lollapalooza: 08,10,11,12
    Burning Man: 08,10

your name is 40?

You most definitely do not "get" Radiohead, so please stop trying to say you do. Signed, Another Old Guy

"Set of the Day, Period: Hands down, the Black Keys were the highlight of a frigid and sometimes wet Friday."

Is this a joke?

"get though"
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

I couldn't take you seriously after the painfully obvious typo near the end of the first paragraph. You might as well have just started out by saying "I really don't give a shit about this".

"Sporting my El Coyote hat"

I can't enough of that place.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    You lost me on "Madness literally transported me back 30 years." Because that did not literally happen.
    I just wanted to say that I literally died of laughter reading this post.
    Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    Nobody has ever given a single fuck about anything you've ever had to say.
    Erik or Dani: Can we change Spooks' member title to "Stupid Pigfucker"? thanks.

I was transported. I skanked myself right back to 10.