Thread: Cheers to Valley Music Travel

Default Cheers to Valley Music Travel

What a Stand-up company. The shuttle service was a massive operation yet they executed almost flawlessly. The customer service was out of this world, employees so friendly and funny, great music on the hodgepodge fleet of over 130 busses, and they had plenty of capacity.

We were on the La Quinta line and the longest we had to wait for a shuttle on the way in was 10 mins (including sitting on the bus waiting for others) and 5 mins on the way out. No traffic in or out of the fest.

Will use them again.
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

Default Re: Cheers to Valley Music Travel

Yes, LaQuinta Yellow Zone 1 was awesome. It was a huge factor in increasing my enjoyment of Coachella. Get a shuttle pass next year, get 'em early. Won't do anything else in the future.

Didn't think they could get any slicker than last year, but they did. Top notch service. Once you go shuttle you never go back!

That's so awesome to hear.

I have to admit that I was skeptical knowing how congested things get generally. How did the shuttles avoid the traffic backup that happens on the main roads? Did they have special designated lanes or take side routes? Or was the traffic backup just not an issue this year?

Sitting on the shuttles, I never actually saw traffic. Heading east, they all crossed the presidents streets way north of the festival and then headed south towards the main stage way inside the closed off area. They were routed far from any congestion. And by major operation, I mean I've never seen so many busses in one lot queuing up and flowing in and out so easily. I started counting them and finally had to ask one of the VMT workers who said at least 130.
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

Yes! We stayed at the La Quinta Embassy Suites and took the shuttle. It really added to our over all festival experience! Also, met some wonderful people riding into the festival!

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    That's so awesome to hear.

I have to admit that I was skeptical knowing how congested things get generally. How did the shuttles avoid the traffic backup that happens on the main roads? Did they have special designated lanes or take side routes? Or was the traffic backup just not an issue this year?
    The shuttles have direct access to roads that aren't availabe to regular traffic. I believe that the Palm Desert and Springs shuttles have access to Avenue 50 between Adams to Madison, which have no general traffic access. It made for a quick trip for our shuttles. I'm not sure if La Quinta shuttles had similar access roads.

Quote Originally Posted by Saydo View Post
    The shuttles have direct access to roads that aren't availabe to regular traffic. I believe that the Palm Desert and Springs shuttles have access to Avenue 50 between Adams to Madison, which have no general traffic access. It made for a quick trip for our shuttles. I'm not sure if La Quinta shuttles had similar access roads.

Exactly right on the route for palm desert. I saw absolutely no traffic on the roads between Adams and the drop off lot. I think they might have even closed that elementary school for Friday too.

Nah that school was open and the kids were waving at all the busses when we drove by during recess around 1 on fri.

I'm doing the hotel package next year (and every year following) without question.
    This was the absolute least amount of hassle getting into Coachella on all the 9 years I have been.
    Shuttle pick up wait times were very minimal for me, but there was a hiccup with my friends who had to wait 30 minutes for one on Saturday. I personally waited no more than 10 minutes each day and it took around 30 minutes to get straight from the hotel to inside the gate.
    I was on the Zone 4 line (Homewood Suites Palm Desert)
    Last edited by CrimesceneCookie; 04-18-2011 at 08:34 PM.

I rode the Palm Springs line, and everything went very smoothly, with the only exception being that on Friday night, our driver was speeding down the freeway, weaving in and out of traffic, and passing cars at a very uncomfortable level. It was to the point where everyone inside was looking at each other with very worried faces wondering what was going on. I image it was the fact that it was basically 3 in the morning and he probably wanted to get home already, but it was still a very scary experience. Every other driver was excellent though.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    Nah that school was open and the kids were waving at all the busses when we drove by during recess around 1 on fri.
    My mistake. Took the first shuttle on fri, kids musta been inside. Always found seeing the kids to be very entertaining.

We parked this year. Where was the Shuttle pick-up point? Was it at 51st/Monroe at the taxi stand?

Quote Originally Posted by KickerConspiracy View Post
    We parked this year. Where was the Shuttle pick-up point? Was it at 51st/Monroe at the taxi stand?

That little dot does not do the shuttle area justice. Imagine a giant upside down U where the passengers walk around 100 busses queued up to load and then enter into individual lanes to board for your route. It was like a little continuous airport terminal operation.

on friday i had to go back to the hotel to get my camera, so i go on the shuttle thinking i would wait for like 10 mins for others to come on, but nope as soon as i got on it took off, it was only me in there and it felt like a waste of gas, then i remeberd i paid 50 bucks for it and im like fuck yea

Yeah the shuttles were great this year
    I will for sure be buying a pass again next year

Second year for us-great job valley Miusic Travel! The only thing I wopuld change is to have wristbands instead of Shuttle Cards to worry about using.

How late did the shuttles run?

We would get there around 2am Friday and Saturday as we liked to take our time leaving the grounds, and there were huge lines of people waiting (They were always moving fairly quickly and the staff was going out of their way to keep everyone happy and chilled out, which was a nice touch.) I was told the shuttles would be going til 4am but there were almost no people left waiting after we got on, so I can't verify if they kept running.

They deserve a medal. I left in the huge crowd crush at the end of the night on Sunday and it was amazing how quickly they got everyone out of there and the endless stream of busses just rolling in one after another. Truly above and beyond expectations and they totally won my business for next year.

tennis garden line, couldn't have gone better
    smooth, never a line/wait.. sold for ever.