Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 282930313233

Thread: Rage Against The Machine, July 30th 2011

Default Re: Rage Against The Machine, July 30th 2011

Quote Originally Posted by eyestothesky View Post
    The more I think about it, the more amazed I am by that whole show. Seeing Muse and Rage back to back was so incredible, I'm not sure how I'll ever top it.

And I know it's LA and all, but after all of that "viva mexico" shit all day, I was so glad to hear Matthew jam out the star spangled banner on his guitar. It was great to hear at Coachella, but it was so much more satisfying at LA Rising. If that makes me a dick, fuck it.

I was wondering though, for those in the seats, how did the floor look? I was essentially crammed on the rail for Rage and was wondering how the different sections seemed to hold up amidst the chaos. Were there any big pushes to burst through? Did it look like there was a lot of empty space in section one once everyone surged forward?

I saw Muse and Rage back to back in 2007 at Vegoose, so this was nothing ''new''.

And the floor looked like this

Vegoose looked like a fucking blast, wish I coulda made it. And new or not, I hope Muse converted people that wouldn't have otherwise listened to them.

Thanks for the pic, looks like there was a lot of breathing room towards the back, wish pits had opened up closer to the front.

e a t s l e e p w o r k c o a c h e l l a

The front section of the pit had TONS of empty room at the back of it, with tons of people just standing around. Suprised by the lack of moment. The 2nd section and 3rd were going INSANE!!! Specially the 3rd... 150f wide circle pits it looked like, looked really insane. The jumping up and down in sync was fairly sparse, it was no Battle of Santiago footage...
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

Us VIP's need space to relax!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by eyestothesky View Post
    I was wondering though, for those in the seats, how did the floor look? I was essentially crammed on the rail for Rage and was wondering how the different sections seemed to hold up amidst the chaos. Were there any big pushes to burst through? Did it look like there was a lot of empty space in section one once everyone surged forward?
    I didn't see any pushes to get through the barriers. There would just be like 5 pits going on in section 1 + 2 and one huge one in 3 the whole show. It was pretty crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by paulb View Post
    The front section of the pit had TONS of empty room at the back of it, with tons of people just standing around. Suprised by the lack of moment. The 2nd section and 3rd were going INSANE!!! Specially the 3rd... 150f wide circle pits it looked like, looked really insane. The jumping up and down in sync was fairly sparse, it was no Battle of Santiago footage...
    Yeah, not gonna lie, despite how hyped I was for this show, I was beat to hell by the time Muse was done. After driving to LA the night before, sleeping for about 4 hours and booking it to the Coliseum, by the time Rage was supposed to start my caffeine and beer had long worn off and the sun had kicked my ass. I wanted to be a lot more amped, but once that black flag rose up and everything kicked up, it took everything in me to keep from getting killed. I was kinda content being sardined up front.

At least I got to get wild in the One Day as a Lion pit at chella.

Quote Originally Posted by citizenerased View Post
    I didn't see any pushes to get through the barriers. There would just be like 5 pits going on in section 1 + 2 and one huge one in 3 the whole show. It was pretty crazy.
    The pushes started during Rise Against actually. It got pretty intense, and then they beefed up security and it kind of calmed down.

Oh okay, I wasn't even there at that time. I was just talking about when Rage was playing.

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    The pushes started during Rise Against actually. It got pretty intense, and then they beefed up security and it kind of calmed down.
    My favorite was a girl that was clearly piss drunk, running past us at the very end of Immortal Technique before security grabbed her. She was barely able to stand, so the fact that she managed to get past security at all made me nervous for what would come later.

Then again, I'm sure they weren't expecting much nonsense during the day sets.

Quote Originally Posted by citizenerased View Post
    Oh okay, I wasn't even there at that time. I was just talking about when Rage was playing.
    Im sure people did jump the gates, it was dark. And there were fires and somebody snuck in a flare, what do you think?

Damn they beefed up security way more than I realized. That's insane.

i know the guy that filmed those videos...weird.

Here are two videos I filmed from the floor...

My friend and I were right next to the dancing fire pit crew (pretty scary but awesome!!!) and I filmed one of the incidents at the end of this video (the smoke kind of sucked to breathe in after the fire fighters put it out) ...

Guerrila Radio

time lapse

who's great idea was it to sell $9 coors light. that beer was so disgusting! other then that it was a perfect day. i'm glad i tailgated with some Stella!
    [B]Darthlaker

The Coliseums, since they have a deal with coors.

Quote Originally Posted by rhivanz View Post

Some nice pics, but if that was your write-up, good lord... it was written like an apathetic teenager forced to attend a show for class and doing his/her damnedest to use intelligent words.

Tom Morelllo’s highly addicting guitar riffs caused complete anarchy and dismemberment.
    Sounds like an impressive performance for Tom, lopping off limbs with his guitar solos and all.

I'm a little late....and don't know if it has been mentioned yet, but sets are up to download on Dime and Traders Den. Traders den has the 3rd source to Rage, the other 2 are on Dime and also 2 sources for Muse. Enjoy!