Thread: Untitled not worth anything.

Default Untitled not worth anything.

Art be damned.
    Also its hot outside.
    Stay away.
    Saved two girls at DFA. Come at me karma.
    COACHELLACOLLECTIVE

Default Re: Untitled not worth anything.

In two days, I never saw the tesla coils turn on. Day or night. Is it just me?
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

It was on quite a bit tonight (Saturday).
    If we're lucky something will happen. Some adversity will happen and something unexpected will happen and you'll get tired and you'll get hungry, you'll have trouble going to the bathroom, and you'll lose your car keys, and all these wonderful things will add up to some powerful experience that 10 years from now we'll say "We lived, we lived." - Wayne Coyne on Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeping Lion View Post
    Art be damned.
    Also its hot outside.
    Stay away.
    So it's not worth it? I thought it sounded cool but the line was long for most of the day and seemed to be moving very slowly.
    If we're lucky something will happen. Some adversity will happen and something unexpected will happen and you'll get tired and you'll get hungry, you'll have trouble going to the bathroom, and you'll lose your car keys, and all these wonderful things will add up to some powerful experience that 10 years from now we'll say "We lived, we lived." - Wayne Coyne on Coachella

The Tesla Coils have been on a lot.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeping Lion View Post
    Art be damned.
    Also its hot outside.
    Stay away.

You remind me of a girl who passed through while I was in there this evening. She mentioned how the room blew because she thought it was going to be more lights. I turned to a friend next to me and said that the installment was not intended for exactly those kind of people. Congratulations on making it into that group. I think it's one of the coolest art pieces the festival has had.
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

Oh, so it's snob art?
    "Well, that's just like, you know... your opinion, man"

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    Saw them quite a bit today and yesterday

i was with Brandon. Pretty amazing if you open yourself up to the serenity of it. i seriously needed it without knowing it. Not for those looking to be "entertained".

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    OK - it's just me. Maybe today.
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

OK - the thread is about the giant silver shoebox. I'm a little slow. The wait in line was 30 minutes, and I thoroughly enjoyed the interior. I sat down next to the a/c and watched the people, both serious and not serious. I saw the light, and liked what I saw.

I love the concept of the manifestation around one of my favorite Spiritualized songs but really...
    I guess I don't get "art". I'm glad somebody liked it even though most of the people who went in were just trying to evade the sun.
    Saved two girls at DFA. Come at me karma.
    COACHELLACOLLECTIVE

Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar

Well if you are a fan of the track give it another go, but do it at night. Step into the light.
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

I felt refreshed and calm after all the coachella sensory overload I had taken in, I couldnt stare into the light like everyone else but watching everyone peacefully gaze upward was kinda creepy.

For the first time since i've been attending (7 yrs), the "arts" in Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival is justified. The piece was subtle and unexpected. Also made for some stunning photos once inside. A nice space, nice work guys.

Really really wanted to go inside, but the line always looked way too long to wait without missing something I wanted to see. Was pretty bummed, but I bought Ladies And Gentlemen We're Floating In Space at the Record Store tent as a little compensation. Pictures I've seen from in there look great.

Does anyone have any photos from inside? I want to see what I missed out on.

I waited maybe 10-15 minutes and I never really saw the line any longer than when I went. It was beautiful, and for a brief second, I got a little choked up.

Best description I overheard from some kids in the campground: "For every 5 minutes you spend in that room, you are twice as likely to go to heaven."

Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    I waited maybe 10-15 minutes and I never really saw the line any longer than when I went. It was beautiful, and for a brief second, I got a little choked up.

Best description I overheard from some kids in the campground: "For every 5 minutes you spend in that room, you are twice as likely to go to heaven."

Maybe it just seemed longer than it actually was. Now I'm even more depressed.

while we were waiting in line people would come and ask what was inside. all that I knew was that it was a manifestation of ladies and gentlemen, but I didn't know exactly what to expect.

after the 3rd or 4th person asked us what was in there, we started making stuff up. this one guy asked us and we told him it was a time share seminar and that we can get a free toaster and he went off and told his wife/gf what we had said and she said "well, that's dumb!". we also told people we were going to get audited by the church of scientology and that there was a BDSM convention inside, but the time share seminar seemed to work the best.

as for the project, it was OK. I don't think it was worth waiting 30 minutes for, but the line did move pretty quickly and depended on how long other people stayed inside.

Ivankay, I saw you inside taking pics, but I was too shy to say anything.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) 10/3-5 Austin City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post
    after the 3rd or 4th person asked us what was in there, we started making stuff up. this one guy asked us and we told him it was a time share seminar and that we can get a free toaster and he went off and told his wife/gf what we had said and she said "well, that's dumb!". we also told people we were going to get audited by the church of scientology and that there was a BDSM convention inside, but the time share seminar seemed to work the best.
    I was in line with Pixiesp, and we got asked over and over what we were in line for. I kept saying it was a "physical manifestation of a Spiritualized song", which, of course, meant nothing to anyone who had to ask. Pixie said I should just tell them it was a bathroom with flush toilets. Immediately, some incredibly beautiful, near angelic woman walks up and asks me. I paused about 3 seconds like an idiot, and said "It's a physical manifestBAAAAHAHHHHAAAAAAAAPFFFFT"

blue/green planet, 3 from the sun, can't miss it

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    did they shrink those bad boys or have a height art restriction this year, i swear they used to be really tall ?!

Quote Originally Posted by zajaa View Post
    For the first time since i've been attending (7 yrs), the "arts" in Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival is justified. The piece was subtle and unexpected. Also made for some stunning photos once inside. A nice space, nice work guys.
    damn, knew i should have waited

Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post

good lord... damn...
    04' 05' 07' 08' 09' 10' 11' 12' 13'
    Metric, Of Monsters, Local Natives, Beach House, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Band of Horses, Stone Roses, Foals, Tegan and Sara or How to Destroy 2 Bears, Violent Femmes, Portugal, Hot Chip, Spiritualized, Simian Mobile or Postal, Moby, New Order, Sigur Ros DIIV, Oh Sees, Grimes, Paul K, Oakey, Vampire Weekend, Pretty LIghts, OMD, WU, RHCP, Dead Can Dance

I went in expecting it to be the exact opposite of what it was on the outside (a big gray box) when it was really the exact opposite of what was going on outside (the madness that is Coachella). At one point, I looked at Ryan and said "Can you believe Coachella is still outside?!" It was like we were transported to some temple in the Egyptian desert. It really mellowed me out.

And people asking about the Tesla Coils: They went off all 3 nights. I saw them. My friend's friends were working with the guy who owns/runs/built them (And I got to shake his hand!!!!!!) and I learned the timing they use to set them off. I don't want to ruin the magic of the coils for anyone, so I won't post it.
    Last edited by eskamo951; 04-19-2011 at 11:01 AM.
    Sean Penn Acid Test 2008 - Legendary

2008 , 2009, 2010, 2011 , 2012 wk1, 2013 wk2. 6 years running!

Hell or highwater, fire and brimstone, not even cancer is powerful enough to keep me from Coachella!

The people behind this project were geniuses, they literally trapped tranquility in a box amongst the chaos that was Coachella. I thought to myself while I was in there that there should be a direct line from the Med tents for people tripping out too hard on cid or shrooms. Anybody who walked in there with that kind of mind would have experienced that beautiful piece of heaven and immediately fall in love with life again.
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    Seems that way. I was walking by them at the perfect time when they turned them on. Nice to see them again after 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by frizzlefry View Post
    The people behind this project were geniuses, they literally trapped tranquility in a box amongst the chaos that was Coachella. I thought to myself while I was in there that there should be a direct line from the Med tents for people tripping out too hard on cid or shrooms. Anybody who walked in there with that kind of mind would have experienced that beautiful piece of heaven and immediately fall in love with life again.
    Sean Penn Acid Test 2008 - Legendary

2008 , 2009, 2010, 2011 , 2012 wk1, 2013 wk2. 6 years running!

Hell or highwater, fire and brimstone, not even cancer is powerful enough to keep me from Coachella!