Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GV, please open up 51st and Monroe to bikes

old school

Default Re: GV, please open up 51st and Monroe to bikes

how much was the bike rental?
    Lick an orange, it tastes like an orange. Lick a pineapple, it tastes like a pineapple. Go ahead, try it. Try some more. The strawberries taste like strawberries. The snozzberries taste like snozzberries! We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams. Come along, come along.

Quote Originally Posted by ShyGuy75 View Post
    how much was the bike rental?
    we pay 65 per for the weeknd

I am confused tho...biking will or will not work from IPCC?

Yeah, I think our rental from Big Wheel Tours is around 70 bucks per bike for the weekend.

When you leave IPCC and head up Monroe, the first intersection you hit is Ave 49. That's where the pedestrian/bike path starts.
    My name is Becca. Hi.

Facebook, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If it was supposed to be a joke, there'd be a cat in the picture somewhere. That's how you can tell, on the internet.

SHIT! Thanks for reminding me. There was no better feeling than getting on a bike after 12 hours on the grounds. Well, the hot tub afterwards probably beat that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmontonian
    The Sahara's sole purpose these days is to serve as bro-filter.

So bikechella lifetime pases given out this year?

Becca rents from Big Wheel Ttours
    We rent from funseekers

Both run about the same price $60-70 for the weekend, depending on what you get, and they deliver to your door.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Well gee, thanks for listening to our pleas Goldenvoice. Now we get to ride our bikes amongst the VIP cars and the masses being dropped from the shuttles.

Someone is going to get hurt.

Major disappointment from such a normally forward thinking festival. RIP Bikechella.

Riding north towards the grounds usually is pretty clear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmontonian
    The Sahara's sole purpose these days is to serve as bro-filter.

old school

round 2
    Lick an orange, it tastes like an orange. Lick a pineapple, it tastes like a pineapple. Go ahead, try it. Try some more. The strawberries taste like strawberries. The snozzberries taste like snozzberries! We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams. Come along, come along.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

i'll probably be biking it this year. hoping the route from 49th and monroe is a bit shorter.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Glad to see some people are keeping the dream alive. We couldn't get our usual house in IP this year, so we are bikechella-ing 10min to the La Quinta shuttle stop. I guess we'll see how it goes...hope they open things up better for you IP people but I wouldn't hold your breath...

Bumping yet again to again draw attention to ongoing bicycling issues. I know opening Monroe to bikes isn't going to happen, but GV if you're listening, please try to improve the experience for the hundreds (thousands?) or people biking in from Indian Palms and other points north of the polo grounds. Thanks!

This has been my biggest complaint for the past 3 years. For being such a green festival, GV has done little to accommodate bike or foot traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by mofomofo View Post
    Bumping yet again to again draw attention to ongoing bicycling issues. I know opening Monroe to bikes isn't going to happen, but GV if you're listening, please try to improve the experience for the hundreds (thousands?) or people biking in from Indian Palms and other points north of the polo grounds. Thanks!
    I know it's the cops and the city that close down Monroe, but it really is bullshit that we can't use that perfectly paved road to ride bikes on....especially when the city forces the festival's organizers to sell a certain number of shuttle passes each year to reduce traffic in the area. I mean..we can't ride our bikes in because the pedestrian setup is too shitty for bikes and it's just a bit too far to walk from our house (at night anyway)...so we drive, thus increasing traffic. It's dumb.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Agreed!!!
    Check out Sleeping is Giving in for great mixes and other cool stuff

no shit! for the last 3 years i've had a condo right across the street and the pedestrian/biking route is just plain awful! like the captn said, we drive in as well and its ridiculous
    Papi Piratón!

Coulnt agree more. Open up Monroe!!! We stay in Indian Palms and biking in there is a complete clusterfuck. Last year they made us ride through the VIP lot which is either soft dirt or mud depending if the water truck came by, so either you have to pedal like lance armstrong so your tires dont get stuck in the sand(not to mention riding through the dust clouds of the bikes in front of you), or you get mud flying up your back. And all that was nothing compared to biking home through that sand lot during the standstorm...now that was some miserable shit. If you're going to make all pedestrians go through that lot again, at least provide a wide, paved path for everybody, otherwise just open up Monroe for gods sake.
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

This is awful. Hah. This is our first year not camping and we (naively) got a prime prime prime house at 49th and Madison and thought we were set, not knowing how limited the pedestrian entrances are. Should have read the FAQ more closely (great job as always Psychic Friend), because we have to go so far out of our way and track back a significant distance to go to either entrance. From a sub-20 minute walk to approaching an hour per Google Maps...that's just ridiculous!!!

This seems so silly. I would kill for one closer entrance, either halfway down 49th or halfway down Madison. This is going to be a royal pain.