Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CEE LO GREEN AMAZING FK COACHELLA (MAIN STAGE HEADLINE) RACIST

Default Re: CEE LO GREEN AMAZING FK COACHELLA (MAIN STAGE HEADLINE) RACIST

Quote Originally Posted by spiggums View Post
    cool story bro
    Now you're thinking =)

Quote Originally Posted by emllik View Post
    His current hit is titled Fuck You. He has more money than you. His dick is bigger than yours. Any dude you're with, or have ever been with, would likely have him over you because of all of that. If you were obviously into chics, I'd say the same about them. When it comes down to it, he's the man. You're an asshat for sitting here in a message board criticizing him WHEN HE'LL NEVER READ IT! You think he's back at home right now thinking, "Damn, that gaypalmsprings been blasting me online again, mah. Don't think I can take much more of this without bitching about it to others." If Cee Lo weren't such a fucking bitch, he'd have never even showed his face. First off, don't play if you don't like your time. Secondly, don't bitch about it. Thirdly, Cee Lo is the man, nigro! When Gaypalmsprings and the GPS Unit hit Coachella in 2012, I'll respect your gripe on Cee Lo, and his band. Until then... keep that unit in your pants, homiebread. Honestly... fuck Cee Lo. I wanted to see him when I first saw the lineup.... but by the time the set times came out, I knew I'd see about anything over him. Meaning: If you were there to see this, you have a reason to bitch, and feel wronged. The reason is no Cee Lo. You telling yourself that he was something worth seeing, as opposed to... beer garden, taking a nap next to an asian guy sitting next to a pile of puke, or whatever else (I'm sure there was actual music playing somewhere... give me a booklet, and I'll tell you every day in detail... without, I'm in a fog)... that is the problem. Just like me walking over to Morrissey just in time to say something about how the smell of burning flesh is making him sick. It made my Coachella moment! I loved every second of it! Then, promptly, I realized he was going to attempt to play music... and I walked off. I won't sit here and call the dude an asshat though haha. Now.... if I had his e-mail addy.... who knows?
    Congratulations. You finally got me to read an entire post of yours =) The point is, you're not an artist. I mean... yeah, we're all artists. I can play you twenty songs you've never heard in your life, show you twenty images you've never seen, sculp ten sets of perfect tits in the sand...... but we're not the ones up there making the boo for showing up, playing two songs, saying fuck this, and splitting. We're also not the ones talking to Cee Lo, his agent/s, or anyone involved with him, or GV. You don't know what happened, why he reacted the way he did, said what he said. Thing is... he could have said or done anything, using anything as an excuse. In all actuality, Cee Lo is probably another crack addicted African American letting fame go to his head. Having said that, you are neither. You don't deal with him. You purely speculate, and point out the obvious. Kudos? Gold star? Agent jerks the promotor, vice versa, yadda yadda.... you think that's all that goes down? Case and point. Kanye West would NOT have been at Coachella if he hadn't have been headlining. I'm not telling you to like him. I'm not saying I like him. As an artist, with an ego to look after, some will act differently than others, according to certain circumstances. If Cee Lo thought he got fucked... I'm not surprised. Personally, I think Lauryn Hill and Erykah Badu got fucked as well. They should have had better time slots. Cee Lo shouldn't have even been invited to play, in my opinion. His music is terrible. I'd MUCH MUCH MUCH rather hear/watch Eliza Doolittle singing Fuck You and Runaway, than to be expected to sit through an entire set of either Cee Lo or Kanye. Bright Eyes naturally deserved a headlining spot, didn't get one, and still pulled off an amazing show (and I can't stand their two most recent albums). It has a lot to do with the artists, and basically nothing to do with the crowds, the promotors, or the agents. He can bitch to all of them three times, if he likes to. Eventually, like you, he'll come to realize that he's just a whiney little bitch. That's the best time in a young e-man's life. When he realizes that he's more than just that whiney little bitch using claymation icons in chat rooms and message boards.... or being in a band that doesn't satisfy the majority. What if Bob Dylan had been that little cast-mold bitch that you want every artist to be? Hard to compare Dylan to Cee Lo, as Cee Lo is untalented.... but so many people are bitching in his name, which is adding to his infamy. No such thing as bad publicity, and here you and the crew are talking about it... so..... Win.
    really?

Don't disregard my punctuation, dear. No indentations needed for a single point, or run of points on a single general topic. Baby, can you dig your man? He's a righteous man.
    I mean little to no harm, emllik. They took away my ambiguously-intentioned-casual-observations-with-potentially-misplaced-allusions-to-the-productive-DIY-heartland column. I'm just trying to get through the day.

I think the sound guy just didn't like Journey.
    Coachellas '08, '09, '10, '11, '12 (W1&2), '13 (W1&2)

I hate that high pitched idiot. I really have no idea why so many people would want to see that guy. He's fucking horrible
    Friday Lou Reed, Modest Mouse,Beach House,Infected Mushroom, Johnny Marr,Wolfgang Gartner, Four Tet, TNGT, Earl Sweatshirt, Lee Scratch Perry, Dam Funk

Saturday
    the XX, New Order, Knife Party, Violent Femmes, SMD, Major LAzer, 2 Chainz, Danny Brown, Booka Shade, Bingo Players, Pusha T, Trash Talk

Sunday
    RHCP, Nick Cave, Vampire Weekend, Social D, Wu Tang,Eric Prydz, Lumineers, James Blake, Grimes, Raider Klan, Roni Size, Smith Westerns

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    I mean little to no harm, emllik. They took away my ambiguously-intentioned-casual-observations-with-potentially-misplaced-allusions-to-the-productive-DIY-heartland column. I'm just trying to get through the day.
    If you see something like yourself, you capture, and kill it. It wants to do the same to you =)

Quote Originally Posted by misterpickles View Post
    really?
    Oh, it was very really when I was typing it, to a lesser really degree. At this moment, not remembering what I typed, I can't say how really it is. It was pretty really in its time, though. Really.

Oh, it was very really when I was typing it, to a lesser really degree. At this moment, not remembering what I typed, I can't say how really it is. It was pretty really in its time, though. Really.
    damn you. i lol'd.
    it makes me forget to relax. with a heart full of holes, and a head full of dreams. with a mouthful of honey, and a fistful of bees.

Lost a lot of respect for Cee-Lo for being such a pussy about his time slot. Every other band somehow made their set on time, but he was too good for that. Unprofessional in every way. Stick to doing shitty reality show contests, She-Lo.

What the hell is this?

Quote Originally Posted by thenoiboi View Post
    damn you. i lol'd.
    Really is one of the top three dumbest words in the english language, if one were to ask me (no clue what the third one is, and the second escapes me at the now). I'm pretty sure "really" is just a shortening of the phrase/term/whatever "In Reality," as they're ultimately interchangable. I don't respect people who say really, or take them seriously. I say it myself, far too often.... but that's because I already know I'm the best =D

Keep one in your wallet, for luck =)

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

He looks either really tiny or bizarrely proportioned.

WALL OF TEXT
    Quote Originally Posted by bug on your lip View Post
    you ever get this uneasy feeling that everyone of us on this board is actually in Hell?

Fuck anybody that starts a Journey sing a long.

I think Cee Lo Green would have been great if he had not been late on stage. I don't know what it was, but I saw The Aquabats, Erykah Badu, and Cee Lo Green get cut off. Lauryn Hill had sound issues, coincidently she performed after Cee Lo Green.

I know you like Erykah Badu GPS and speak for both us when it sucked when she got cut off, put back on, then cut off again, but why do you hate Cee Lo so much?

Memorial_07

Am I the only one that thought it was strange that these big R&B, hip hop stars were all pretty damn late?

Cee-Lo, Lauryn Hill, Erykah, Nas & Damian...

Quote Originally Posted by Pot Of Daisy's View Post
    I know you like Erykah Badu GPS and speak for both us when it sucked when she got cut off, put back on, then cut off again, but why do you hate Cee Lo so much?
    I don't hate him so much. I was looking forward to a good set, especially since he was Grammy nominated, and it was late, too short, and his performance sucked. He did sing his entire 2 song repertoire, however. So maybe 20 minutes was enough.
    Last edited by gaypalmsprings; 04-19-2011 at 05:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Quote Originally Posted by Memorial_07 View Post
    Am I the only one that thought it was strange that these big R&B, hip hop stars were all pretty damn late?

Cee-Lo, Lauryn Hill, Erykah, Nas & Damian...
    Kanye too. Nig.... Hip Hop stars make it a point to be late... don't you listen to their records?

One time I saw Cee Lo in a mall in ATL.
    Quote Originally Posted by spinecraft View Post
    sometimes i feel like i don't have a partner

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    He did sing his entire 2 song repertoire, however. So maybe 20 minutes was enough.
    Ignorance: you have it
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Quote Originally Posted by nationocean View Post
    the black keys were heartbreaking.. i decided to go over there with for a friend who is a huge fan, and it was so bad. sound and lights and video wasn't working for whole time were were there. when we started walking out they got the video working but the sound never got turned up..
    This.

They were playing their hearts out and I could feel it but I couldn't hear it.

I wanted to be moved. I knew they wanted to move me. But the technical errors got in the way. It's a long shot but I hope they will be back next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysonBandivas View Post
    I want to know more about this festival.
    Weekend One & Weekend Two ftw

Quote Originally Posted by TheMadeleine View Post
    This.

They were playing their hearts out and I could feel it but I couldn't hear it.

I wanted to be moved. I knew they wanted to move me. But the technical errors got in the way. It's a long shot but I hope they will be back next year.
    Black Keys can disappear from existance, or at least Southern California music festivals, for all they're worth. This is the second year I've been disappointed with their presence. I'm so fucking tired of hearing morons say how amazing the Black Keys are. Seriously.... YOUTUBE THEM! Their songs fucking suck. At least Arcade Fire, as shit-hole as they are, have a couple okay songs. Black Keys are a black eye to any music festival. Getting them to play a music festival is about as hard as getting Kirstie Alley to do a Slimfast commercial, fat, or chubster. Getting them to play good is going to be about as easy as Michael Jackson headlining Coachella with Skynyrd and the OG Grateful Dead. Honestly, I should fucking slap myself for even naming a single talented band in a post concerning the Black Keys. Anyone reading this... feel free to slap away

Memorial_07

That's why in the months leading up to the festival I kept saying Black Keys are just flat out crappy live. In '09, I could tell they were trying to get into it but it just wasn't happening. In fact, it was a pretty big snooze-fest when they came on. Just my opinion.
    They might have some good songs but they just can't deliver live and it sucks when a band with a big following can't ever bring it.

old school

Looks like he's bailed on a bunch of Rihanna shows.

He hasn't bailed - he's just running late.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Quote Originally Posted by Memorial_07 View Post
    That's why in the months leading up to the festival I kept saying Black Keys are just flat out crappy live. In '09, I could tell they were trying to get into it but it just wasn't happening. In fact, it was a pretty big snooze-fest when they came on. Just my opinion.
    They might have some good songs but they just can't deliver live and it sucks when a band with a big following can't ever bring it.
    Wha? I think you need to see them in a smaller setting and you'll take back what you said.

As for CeeLo...I cant listen to any of his music anymore. It just annoys me now.
    FYF 08/23-08/24
    Chvrches 09/19
    Banks 10/16
    Digitalism 11/08

Quote Originally Posted by sonofhal View Post
    He hasn't bailed - he's just running late.
    His flights are constantly delayed. Maybe when his travel agent, expedia.com, gets him better flight times...
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

He must be flying delta.
    10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater (?), 10/18 Culture Collide, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale, 11/7 Warpaint @ Echoplex, 11/12 Blonde Redhead @ Fonda

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

Why is everyone blaming him when Ozomatli went off stage 40 mins late and Cee-Lo hopped on stage with no change over time what so ever?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    It almost makes you think you might actually want to know what you are talking about before you tell people things.