Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CEE LO GREEN AMAZING FK COACHELLA (MAIN STAGE HEADLINE) RACIST

Thumbs up CEE LO GREEN AMAZING FK COACHELLA (MAIN STAGE HEADLINE) RACIST

coachella f u for not selling single day tickets at the door,
    woodstock would say aint that some shit
    cee loo green is not headlining because he is black,
    COACHELLA ARE TEA PARTY PEOPLE.
    kings of leon sucks and duran duran.

today i became a cee lo green fan he is super cool.
    and hes funky blue

Default Re: CEE LO GREEN AMAZING FK COACHELLA (MAIN STAGE HEADLINE) RACIST

You're going to be fun.

Shit i need to change my icon.
    Quote Originally Posted by bug on your lip View Post
    you ever get this uneasy feeling that everyone of us on this board is actually in Hell?

Quote Originally Posted by zeldAr View Post

and hes funky blue
    yeah, good thing kanye west isn't black. then he'd probably be on the gobi at 3.
    it makes me forget to relax. with a heart full of holes, and a head full of dreams. with a mouthful of honey, and a fistful of bees.

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by zeldAr View Post

and hes funky blue
    Are you retarded?

Cee-lo sucked nuts. What an a-hole
    Originally Posted by Wonderbot:

What if a polar bear rides a unicycle into my tent and then my friends decide to become racoons with gambling problems while asking people for a smoke?

What then?

whiney pain in butt

Look, I don't think any of us know the reason yet for why he was late. he acted like it was coachella's mainstage crews fault, but didn't outright say that.. maybe we was delayed, maybe they were tech delayed... but being that bitter about it and spreading bad vibes like that was not what coachella needed.

and then to cut him off in the middle of a song... only to have lauryn hill 20 mins late right after... seemed pointless to me.

the black keys were heartbreaking.. i decided to go over there with for a friend who is a huge fan, and it was so bad. sound and lights and video wasn't working for whole time were were there. when we started walking out they got the video working but the sound never got turned up..

I really hope that Goldenvoice fixes the main stage issues today

a 20 minute set that everyone was saying FUCK YOU to Mr. Green. he's an asshat with no talent and shitty back-up band,
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Quote Originally Posted by nationocean View Post
    Look, I don't think any of us know the reason yet for why he was late. he acted like it was coachella's mainstage crews fault, but didn't outright say that
    I thought he mumbled something about the plane being late & that he should have been given a better time. Definately not a main stage act.

They should have put him in the Do Lab and Do'ed all over him. How did this character get nominated for a Grammy?
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

I was looking forward to his set but I should have just stayed in the Mojave and watched POBPAH

So ariel pink wasent the only jackass?

blue/green planet, 3 from the sun, can't miss it

we left after he was more than 20 min late to go see Pains of Being Pure at Heart. As for Cee Lo, "Oh I really hate your ass right now", we were really looking forward to having him kick off our Coachella (It was too hot for us to dance during Ozomotli)
    04' 05' 07' 08' 09' 10' 11' 12' 13'
    Metric, Of Monsters, Local Natives, Beach House, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Band of Horses, Stone Roses, Foals, Tegan and Sara or How to Destroy 2 Bears, Violent Femmes, Portugal, Hot Chip, Spiritualized, Simian Mobile or Postal, Moby, New Order, Sigur Ros DIIV, Oh Sees, Grimes, Paul K, Oakey, Vampire Weekend, Pretty LIghts, OMD, WU, RHCP, Dead Can Dance

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    I thought he mumbled something about the plane being late & that he should have been given a better time. Definately not a main stage act.
    Man.... When he made the comment about getting a real timeslot next time I was just like "yeah, let's go"...

Don't like your set time? Bitch to your agent, they're the ones doing the negotiating on your behalf, not the crowd who's there to see you...

Easily the worst set of the weekend.

Beyond his attitude... his backing band seemed like he sacrificed quality for "hot chicks"... Now I'm not saying that women are inherently inferior as musicians... Cause that's not true... it's just in this case, it seems gender was more a prerequisite than talent. Band was sloppy, to say the least.

Did you all hear that? This assknuckle just said women are inherently inferior as musicians. Witch hunt beacon activate.

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

I'm pretty sure he wore Indian feathers, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

i thought it was really awesome how he knew he had 20 minutes to play whatever and instead of playing something off his new record besides fuck you", he played 2 gnarles barkley tracks? why?
    Quote Originally Posted by EmberVega View Post
    You guys are mean. Sexy people are not meant to be smart.

August 1 - Echo and the Bunnymen - Orpheum
    August 23/24 - FYF Fest - Expo park
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

Guess we know where the Gnarls Barkley reunion isn't going to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    "Soon they'll hear my words," he thought, "and they will know that roboto's side-splitting reign of ha-has has begun."

Quote Originally Posted by thenoiboi View Post
    yeah, good thing kanye west isn't black. then he'd probably be on the gobi at 3.
    Too bad he isn't a female, or we could have had three days consecutive of black female artists playing in the dead heat of the day on the main stage. What a shame. They CERTAINLY don't discriminate.....

Quote Originally Posted by spiggums View Post
    Man.... When he made the comment about getting a real timeslot next time I was just like "yeah, let's go"...

Don't like your set time? Bitch to your agent, they're the ones doing the negotiating on your behalf, not the crowd who's there to see you...

Easily the worst set of the weekend.

Beyond his attitude... his backing band seemed like he sacrificed quality for "hot chicks"... Now I'm not saying that women are inherently inferior as musicians... Cause that's not true... it's just in this case, it seems gender was more a prerequisite than talent. Band was sloppy, to say the least.
    When you're working under GV, and have any idea of what you're talking about, I think we'll all start reading everything you type in your posts. Until then, flame on, flamer!

Quote Originally Posted by emllik View Post
    When you're working under GV, and have any idea of what you're talking about, I think we'll all start reading everything you type in your posts. Until then, flame on, flamer!
    So what... you can't argue against my "you're a fool for bitching about $2 water" post, so you pick another post at random and make a half-assed reply instead?

I mean, what part of that post requires having worked with GV to properly comment on?

The part about booking agents being responsible for negotiations with promoters? (that's kind of the principle job function of an agent... shocking, I know)

Or the part about his band lacking talent?

And you call me a flamer... at least you've got a sense of humor!

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    a 20 minute set that everyone was saying FUCK YOU to Mr. Green. he's an asshat with no talent and shitty back-up band,
    His current hit is titled Fuck You. He has more money than you. His dick is bigger than yours. Any dude you're with, or have ever been with, would likely have him over you because of all of that. If you were obviously into chics, I'd say the same about them. When it comes down to it, he's the man. You're an asshat for sitting here in a message board criticizing him WHEN HE'LL NEVER READ IT! You think he's back at home right now thinking, "Damn, that gaypalmsprings been blasting me online again, mah. Don't think I can take much more of this without bitching about it to others." If Cee Lo weren't such a fucking bitch, he'd have never even showed his face. First off, don't play if you don't like your time. Secondly, don't bitch about it. Thirdly, Cee Lo is the man, nigro! When Gaypalmsprings and the GPS Unit hit Coachella in 2012, I'll respect your gripe on Cee Lo, and his band. Until then... keep that unit in your pants, homiebread. Honestly... fuck Cee Lo. I wanted to see him when I first saw the lineup.... but by the time the set times came out, I knew I'd see about anything over him. Meaning: If you were there to see this, you have a reason to bitch, and feel wronged. The reason is no Cee Lo. You telling yourself that he was something worth seeing, as opposed to... beer garden, taking a nap next to an asian guy sitting next to a pile of puke, or whatever else (I'm sure there was actual music playing somewhere... give me a booklet, and I'll tell you every day in detail... without, I'm in a fog)... that is the problem. Just like me walking over to Morrissey just in time to say something about how the smell of burning flesh is making him sick. It made my Coachella moment! I loved every second of it! Then, promptly, I realized he was going to attempt to play music... and I walked off. I won't sit here and call the dude an asshat though haha. Now.... if I had his e-mail addy.... who knows?

So what... you can't argue against my "you're a fool for bitching about $2 water" post, so you pick another post at random and make a half-assed reply instead?

I mean, what part of that post requires having worked with GV to properly comment on?

The part about booking agents being responsible for negotiations with promoters? (that's kind of the principle job function of an agent... shocking, I know)

Actually, Flame-troll, I responded to your lacking $2 water retort. Your bad for missing it in an attempt to bitch on it at a post I did afterwards =)

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

His current hit is titled Fuck You. He has more money than you. His dick is bigger than yours. Any dude you're with, or have ever been with, would likely have him over you because of all of that. If you were obviously into chics, I'd say the same about them. When it comes down to it, he's the man. You're an asshat for sitting here in a message board criticizing him WHEN HE'LL NEVER READ IT! You think he's back at home right now thinking, "Damn, that gaypalmsprings been blasting me online again, mah. Don't think I can take much more of this without bitching about it to others." If Cee Lo weren't such a fucking bitch, he'd have never even showed his face. First off, don't play if you don't like your time. Secondly, don't bitch about it. Thirdly, Cee Lo is the man, nigro! When Gaypalmsprings and the GPS Unit hit Coachella in 2012, I'll respect your gripe on Cee Lo, and his band. Until then... keep that unit in your pants, homiebread. Honestly... fuck Cee Lo. I wanted to see him when I first saw the lineup.... but by the time the set times came out, I knew I'd see about anything over him. Meaning: If you were there to see this, you have a reason to bitch, and feel wronged. The reason is no Cee Lo. You telling yourself that he was something worth seeing, as opposed to... beer garden, taking a nap next to an asian guy sitting next to a pile of puke, or whatever else (I'm sure there was actual music playing somewhere... give me a booklet, and I'll tell you every day in detail... without, I'm in a fog)... that is the problem. Just like me walking over to Morrissey just in time to say something about how the smell of burning flesh is making him sick. It made my Coachella moment! I loved every second of it! Then, promptly, I realized he was going to attempt to play music... and I walked off. I won't sit here and call the dude an asshat though haha. Now.... if I had his e-mail addy.... who knows?
    Have you not came down from the drugs?
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

If you reformat that post into one long line the way it's apparently intended to be read, it's long enough to be both warp and weft in a biblical death shroud and still leave enough for a table runner.

Congratulations. You finally got me to read an entire post of yours =) The point is, you're not an artist. I mean... yeah, we're all artists. I can play you twenty songs you've never heard in your life, show you twenty images you've never seen, sculp ten sets of perfect tits in the sand...... but we're not the ones up there making the boo for showing up, playing two songs, saying fuck this, and splitting. We're also not the ones talking to Cee Lo, his agent/s, or anyone involved with him, or GV. You don't know what happened, why he reacted the way he did, said what he said. Thing is... he could have said or done anything, using anything as an excuse. In all actuality, Cee Lo is probably another crack addicted African American letting fame go to his head. Having said that, you are neither. You don't deal with him. You purely speculate, and point out the obvious. Kudos? Gold star? Agent jerks the promotor, vice versa, yadda yadda.... you think that's all that goes down? Case and point. Kanye West would NOT have been at Coachella if he hadn't have been headlining. I'm not telling you to like him. I'm not saying I like him. As an artist, with an ego to look after, some will act differently than others, according to certain circumstances. If Cee Lo thought he got fucked... I'm not surprised. Personally, I think Lauryn Hill and Erykah Badu got fucked as well. They should have had better time slots. Cee Lo shouldn't have even been invited to play, in my opinion. His music is terrible. I'd MUCH MUCH MUCH rather hear/watch Eliza Doolittle singing Fuck You and Runaway, than to be expected to sit through an entire set of either Cee Lo or Kanye. Bright Eyes naturally deserved a headlining spot, didn't get one, and still pulled off an amazing show (and I can't stand their two most recent albums). It has a lot to do with the artists, and basically nothing to do with the crowds, the promotors, or the agents. He can bitch to all of them three times, if he likes to. Eventually, like you, he'll come to realize that he's just a whiney little bitch. That's the best time in a young e-man's life. When he realizes that he's more than just that whiney little bitch using claymation icons in chat rooms and message boards.... or being in a band that doesn't satisfy the majority. What if Bob Dylan had been that little cast-mold bitch that you want every artist to be? Hard to compare Dylan to Cee Lo, as Cee Lo is untalented.... but so many people are bitching in his name, which is adding to his infamy. No such thing as bad publicity, and here you and the crew are talking about it... so..... Win.

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Have you not came down from the drugs?
    I never come down, likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    If you reformat that post into one long line the way it's apparently intended to be read, it's long enough to be both warp and weft in a biblical death shroud and still leave enough for a table runner.
    Don't disregard my punctuation, dear. No indentations needed for a single point, or run of points on a single general topic. Baby, can you dig your man? He's a righteous man.

Congratulations ... Win.
    cool story bro

I think this was the worst performance I saw this weekend. The only reason I stayed for the whole thing was that it was so short. I headed to the Main Stage thinking that his set was already in full swing. I got there just in time to see him enter the stage and act like the fact that he was late was an inconvenience to him and not the audience or festival promoters. Then he bitched about his time slot. He also sounded really bad. I've seen live videos of him where he sounds excellent, so I know he can do better. Bad performance all around.