Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Some Pictures from Coachella 2011 Until the Long Ass Threads are Made

Default Re: Some Pictures from Coachella 2011 Until the Long Ass Threads are Made

Jen, ORBS.....

Default Re: Some Pictures from Coachella 2011 Until the Long Ass Threads are Made

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post

Not true. You're the king.
    When it comes to all the picture takers there, i am still looking up at a lot of excellence that always makes me want to get better.

Nice Chris.

That'll do.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Nice stuff Hempy. Usually i encourage people not to post in threads i make so people don't start crediting me with them.

HEY EVERYONE, i did not take any of the pictures above!

Hopefully that will clear that up.

Anyway, just finished posting for the day in the set. Maybe i'll add a few here and there, but i think i should get started on the days representation (although Day 3 is pretty represented).

And thanks for all the views. This is the first time i have posted during a Coachella and shortly after. The views on my flickr have jumped 47,000 and counting since Wednesday. i am blown away. i would never be in the fortunate position i am without the support of this board. Pardon me whilst i wipe the tear from my eye.

Later i'll put the pictures in this thread the way i have done.

BOOM. ( mike did not take this)

You're pictures are amazing, ivankay. Every year since 09 I've been a fan. Great stuff.
    I hope some day I can get an DSLR in the fields because my G11 just doesn't cut it. haha.

The G11 is pretty nice. A lot of the pictures in this set were taken with the G12 (the pages on flickr will indicate what camera was used). When i had a wide lens on the D5 i was renting, but wanted a closer shot..whip out the G12 instead of changing lenses. Some think it's weird, but i use both a DSLR and a P&S when i got out shooting shows. Actually most times i use just the P&S because i don't have a pass and / or just want to be free of the bag.

Old story: The very first time i had a photo pass at Coachella was day 2 in 2006. On the way to get the pass, my G7 broke. Dejected i told my friend to give it to someone else since i had nothing to shoot with. He gave me a camera phone with a large card and a 3.2 Penatx, both with one battery. Learned a lot that day.

Great pics dude!
    "ain't no thang but a chicken wang"

I saw a bunch of people this weekend carrying a G12. Have they added anything great since the G11? I briefly had a look of it a couple weeks ago and just saw that it has 720HD video, but that's all I remember.

You're pictures with the G12 look great, but I bet being in the pit is definitely a good advantage of that. Are you shooting in RAW? I'm still learning with my camera. I feel like I haven't used it to it's full potential.

Awesome photos, Ivankay.

I particularly like the Elbow ones you have up, missed them unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat24 View Post
    I saw a bunch of people this weekend carrying a G12. Have they added anything great since the G11? I briefly had a look of it a couple weeks ago and just saw that it has 720HD video, but that's all I remember.

You're pictures with the G12 look great, but I bet being in the pit is definitely a good advantage of that. Are you shooting in RAW? I'm still learning with my camera. I feel like I haven't used it to it's full potential.
    i didn't have the G11, so i'm not too sure of all the differences. i suspect mainly some auto functions like HDR (not a fan of the camera hdr...homemade, fine) and a super quick low light setting (cruddy looking, but gets the moment when you're in a hurry). Dials might be different for under/over exposure. Need to go over the 11 specs.

i have been shooting RAW, but chose not to this weekend because of the desire for a speedy editing process. i like RAW a lot, but it takes a lot of space and when you want to shoot a few thousand pictures it can lead to a lot of card changing and slow downloading. i thought i would change the setting here and there, but i was always on the go. Another thing that moved me off of RAW for the weekend was the picture i have on the back inside page of the CAMPs that were being passed out. I shot that with a G9 at the highest quality jpeg setting and i thought the full page print looked great. Yes, i know things can look better, but i have never been the best picture taker when it come to focus and other technical issues. One thing i learned in film school was the imperfect take with the emotion wins over the one that is technically perfect. i'm rambling...time to eat.

And thanks again everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Hempey View Post

Hempey, I really like these. Especially the third one.

i hate i can't see Courtney pictures from this year. No excuses for next year.

Thanks Mike, that's sweet, but honestly historically I haven't been very good at taking photos at Coachella. I'm always too busy enjoying the moment to think about snapping the shot. Although maybe that would change now that I'm getting more serious about photography.

Edit: And of course, if I was on assignment with a press pass, I would definitely be getting shots. I should start working on finding a publication, like NOW.
    Last edited by Courtney; 04-19-2011 at 07:53 PM.

awesome pics, I'm actually in one.

Quote Originally Posted by ivankay View Post
    Nice stuff Hempy. Usually i encourage people not to post in threads i make so people don't start crediting me with them.
    Sorry I didn't mean to jack your thread, and am def. not concerned w/ getting credit, frankly I'd be flattered if anyone confused any of my pics w/ any of yours.

As would i be flattered. Those shots are sweet.

This is myself and my Sisters, her boyrfriend, his friend, and my Best Friend.

I'm the one in the blue straps. Was great to meet you man.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE INCREDIBLE SHOT!!

Without music, life would be a mistake.... I would only believe in a God who knew how to dance - Friedrich Nietzsche

Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar

That pic of GPS is great.
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

great pics as always mike! can't wait to see the whole set!
    Coachella 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11
    Lollapalooza 95, 96, 97, 03, 08
    Rock The Bells 07, 09, 10
    Sasquatch 10
    Bonnaroo 09
    Vegoose 07, RIP
    Mile High 09

Upcoming Shows
    6/9 - Deftones/Dillenger | 6/10 - Cake | 6/17 - Buckethead | 6/28 - Glitch Mob | 7/25 - APC | 7/30 - LA Rising (Rage, Muse, Lauryn Hill, Rise Against) | 8/12 - Cut//Copy

Always great work Mike!
    Rhythm is a dancer.

Smile Re: Some Pictures from Coachella 2011 Until the Long Ass Threads are Made

Hempey (and Mike), those shots are awesome. Thanks for sharing!
    Coachella attendee 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (1). I'm going both weekends this year.

Quote Originally Posted by ivankay View Post
    One thing i learned in film school was the imperfect take with the emotion wins over the one that is technically perfect.
    Yesx10.

Thank you, Mike....for taking such a gay photo!

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Aw yay! Now I know what you look like and I will be able to find you to say hi next year

old school

Woah, I expected way more flamboyancy.

Like disco ball earrings.

I am wearing a Jeff Gordon/NASCAR cap.
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

old school

ahhaahahahahahahaha

OK - here are 6 random photos I took...

So clean & green on Friday!