Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast

Thread: The Grand Attempt at a Group Shot of Our Happy Little Family: 2011 Edition!

Default Re: The Grand Attempt at a Group Shot of Our Happy Little Family: 2011 Edition!

Quote Originally Posted by Geno_g View Post
    THIS....

Didn't make it in until after 5 since the shower line was long and waited until they reopened...
    We really should make them a little later in the day. I only made it this year because I was hanging out with Ryan most of day.
    Sean Penn Acid Test 2008 - Legendary

2008 , 2009, 2010, 2011 , 2012 wk1, 2013 wk2. 6 years running!

Hell or highwater, fire and brimstone, not even cancer is powerful enough to keep me from Coachella!

Default Re: The Grand Attempt at a Group Shot of Our Happy Little Family: 2011 Edition!

They are early because fewer people complain about conflicts with sets they need to see.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

^This primarily. But next year when the set times come out, i'll look for a later window as well to see the possibilities.

i cant believe kylie and i actually ran the last stretch and still missed this. 3 years in a row now for me lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

That's kinda why I suggested maybe an additional meetup - I presumed that as the day goes on, there are more conflicts and that it's also more difficult for Mike to take time away from shooting sets. I just know a lot of us ended up skipping because we were too wimpy for the mid-day 99F heat

Next year, I'll rent a shuttle to run from the campgrounds directly to my rented villa, and invite you all over on Saturday morning for bellinis, pool frolicking, and the best group photo ever.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

i never heard of a bellini. that sounds fucking delicious
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Serves him right. Fucker didn't even introduce himself.
    I still can't stop laughing at this post...
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    I would like to take this moment and apologize for not attending this meet up, yet again. You see, I'm not comfortable with myself and am socially retarted. Viewing this photo each year makes me smile though because of how much it feels like a family. We spend alot of time on this board. Awesome turn out.
    Now, wait a sec, Henry...You didn't go because you're uncomfortable with yourself? Geez, imagine going when you know most others aren't comfortable with you... No excuses next year! If the black sheep in the family did it, you can too!
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

I am happy I made it in time to socialize a little with everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    PLURcenta

Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    That's kinda why I suggested maybe an additional meetup - I presumed that as the day goes on, there are more conflicts and that it's also more difficult for Mike to take time away from shooting sets. I just know a lot of us ended up skipping because we were too wimpy for the mid-day 99F heat
    I was guilty of that

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    Next year, I'll rent a shuttle to run from the campgrounds directly to my rented villa, and invite you all over on Saturday morning for bellinis, pool frolicking, and the best group photo ever.
    This sounds great...

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    Still looking to identify:

Still 10 to go (46 has been identified).

Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    i cant believe kylie and i actually ran the last stretch and still missed this. 3 years in a row now for me lol
    I'm glad we caught you later so I could accessorize you later with that silver sequined scarf! Remember...I want any details to stories it may have brought you over the weekend! - (Oooo-la-la!!!)
    It really was the closest gathering to a family reunion that I've ever experienced and I wish we had had more time to meet everyone. Saw so many of you that I hoped we'd meet in passing again, but you know how that goes. My absolute favorite hello though, was the one with Ivy. It became quite apparent to me how a message board can distort someone's image, when, in real life, you'd love spending more time hanging out with that person. It was a long awaited pleasure, Ivy...loved the yarn hair!

Did see her later again, skipping from one stage to the next with some scrawny little bastard who was trying to keep up, hot on her tail, but we'll leave that meetup for another time. -
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Ivy could kill you with how sweet she is.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

i missed Ivy. i went to go give her a big ol' hug and saw her run away. whaaaaa!

I want Mike in the photo in 2012.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

I am almost positive 58 and 59 were strays who made it into the picture. They were trying to talk to Hot Shot as we were trying to get him into the picture... then they noticed a bunch of people assembeled around him and they joined in. At least, I am pretty sure this is the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

#22 is not me. She sure is hawt though.

48 is superfiction
    fuck

Ivy and I are rock stars with those sunglasses.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    #22 is not me. She sure is hawt though.
    What? i have a picture of you wearing the exact same thing. What are the odds?

If that's not Gunz, I'm not black. The clothing is identical to the picture I have with her, right down to to purse/satchel/whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Blowjobs are the best when your pubes are moist with tears
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I got really good grades in school, but I suck at life.

Quote Originally Posted by frazzles View Post
    If that's not Gunz, I'm not black. The clothing is identical to the picture I have with her, right down to to purse/satchel/whatever.
    You are hawt, frazz!
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

If only you were an attractive female, GPS
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Blowjobs are the best when your pubes are moist with tears
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I got really good grades in school, but I suck at life.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

thanks guys, plur. mike, i was bummed not to get to talk to you too; you seemed busy
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

Would've liked to had made it this year and chatted everyone up, but quite frankly I was in no state to be making first impressions.
    Last edited by boarderwoozel3; 04-20-2011 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    thanks guys, plur. mike, i was bummed not to get to talk to you too; you seemed busy
    Never too busy to have an Ivy encounter (insert smiley face here).

Frazz is brown, gorgeous chocolate brown.

42 looks like my neighbor grant who goes to a bunch of shows with me but i could be wrong.
    Last edited by getbetter; 04-20-2011 at 08:59 PM.
    Translation

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Still pretty serious about this.

Jack White @ Bill .... 08/22/14
    FYF @ LA Sport Area 08/23 - 08/24/14
    Swans @ The Independent 08/08/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

i WILL make this next year
    September 16 - Earth
    September 18 - DJ Shadow & Cut Chemist
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins