Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What time do I need to leave to arrive on time?

Default What time do I need to leave to arrive on time?

If I am staying about a 15-20 minute drive away (without traffic) and want to arrive at 11:00, when should I leave? What if I want to arrive at 10:30, 10:00, etc?

Default Re: What time do I need to leave to arrive on time?

Pampered and spoiled like a Siamese Cat.

Any real answers would be appreciated. Thanks!

7,6 am

Eleventy thirtyseventyish
    Youth, you son of a bitch, where did you go?

Quote Originally Posted by Emma Ocean View Post
    so I assume you've never been cunt punched at a festival? Well lucky you!

Probably you'll be safe if you leave by 9.

Quote Originally Posted by RodFed1993 View Post
    If I am staying about a 15-20 minute drive away (without traffic) and want to arrive at 11:00, when should I leave? What if I want to arrive at 10:30, 10:00, etc?
    What are you saying? You want people to tell you how bad traffic is in half-hour intervals until, "etc"? You really think you're going to get reasonable and precise answers on this board for a question that complicated?

There is this thing called trial by error, maybe you should try that
    Coachella 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12[1+2], 13[1+2]

Count this as failure #1.
    Youth, you son of a bitch, where did you go?

Quote Originally Posted by Emma Ocean View Post
    so I assume you've never been cunt punched at a festival? Well lucky you!

you also may have neglected to realize that the set-times haven't been posted. traffic, for as precise as you're asking for changes based on who is opening. for example, friday they last year they had one act opening at 1230 and nobody else playing until 1. sunday they had 4 acts playing with a start time between 12-12:15. Obviously this creates a traffic rush difference.

here's my idea, wait until they post the set times, then ask what time do i need to leave to get there at (insert ONE time here) on friday, do this for all three days, with (ONE time) and you may get better answers.

This is the first year with the wristband checks. Who knows. Avoid using main roads and take the ones locals would take.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Quote Originally Posted by bdb23 View Post
    you also may have neglected to realize that the set-times haven't been posted. traffic, for as precise as you're asking for changes based on who is opening. for example, friday they last year they had one act opening at 1230 and nobody else playing until 1. sunday they had 4 acts playing with a start time between 12-12:15. Obviously this creates a traffic rush difference.

here's my idea, wait until they post the set times, then ask what time do i need to leave to get there at (insert ONE time here) on friday, do this for all three days, with (ONE time) and you may get better answers.
    WTF? When will set times be posted?
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    WTF? When will set times be posted?
    lol... i heard a dj on my friends blog page say they'd release them one act-set-time at a time hourly, starting at 8:20

you guys are all douches... there isnt much traffic if you wanna get there at 11 so if you leave at like 1020 you should be fine IMO.
    "america is great, a ***** is free to make as much money as a hoe wants to work for him" Pimp

Quote Originally Posted by tbone13 View Post
    you guys are all douches... there isnt much traffic if you wanna get there at 11 so if you leave at like 1020 you should be fine IMO.
    well, that doesn't really answer his question. he wants you to provide him with when he needs to leave in every half hour interval from 10:30 to "etc" so, try again.

Quote Originally Posted by bdb23 View Post
    well, that doesn't really answer his question. he wants you to provide him with when he needs to leave in every half hour interval from 10:30 to "etc" so, try again.
    i see, i thought he meant if he should leave at 1030,10 etc..
    "america is great, a ***** is free to make as much money as a hoe wants to work for him" Pimp

Also, does he mean arrive in the parking lot or the stages? because then we need to know how fast he walks and which lot he parks in, its an essential part of the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by tbone13 View Post
    i see, i thought he meant if he should leave at 1030,10 etc..
    ah. well, that would have made some type of reasonable sense so i see how you got there, but read it again, that's not what it reads as.

"What if I want to arrive at 10:30, 10:00, etc? "

Its not that hard is it? Just gimme some estimates please. What time do you guys usually leave? Holy shit, its not exactly brain surgery.

Its not that hard is it? Just gimme some estimates please. What time do you guys usually leave? Holy shit, its not exactly brain surgery.
    Great. Act like a dick insult everyone and demand better answers. That should work. Are you listening to yourself right now?

I just went back to count and realized that you have insulted me 4 times in about 2 hours. I'm just saying people (mainly you) are acting like it's a lot harder to give an estimate on what time it usually works for them to leave. Here's to hoping you won't bring that shitty attitude to the polo fields!

I just went back to count and realized that you have insulted me 4 times in about 2 hours. I'm just saying people (mainly you) are acting like it's a lot harder to give an estimate on what time it usually works for them to leave. Here's to hoping you won't bring that shitty attitude to the polo fields!
    I was actually one of the few people that tryed to help you. Gave you suggestions of a better way to phrase it to get serious answers. Many, and almost everyone actually, insulted you. I'm not special. Just more thorough. I love you too babe.

Also, in general, I found it extremely enjoyable to make fun of you on this instance. You sound like someone that would be fun to make fun of in real life, but I have a feeling you won't actually make it to the polo fields in time unless someone gives you a real answer in half hour intervals of when to leave. That sucks.

It's not like you answered any of our original suggestions either. No one can give you estimates unless they know more details. Is the time factoring in walking to the grounds, or just parking? Which direction are you coming from? Which lot are you parking in? You realize the grounds don't open at 11 so that factors in as well.

You make it difficult for people to help.

It would take about 30 seconds to give me every possible answer you just listed as opposed to the 2 minutes that it probably took to write that last message. And all I'm trying to do is skip the whole "error" part of trial and error. Sorry for not wanting to miss any more of Coachella than I have to.

It would take about 30 seconds to give me every possible answer you just listed as opposed to the 2 minutes that it probably took to write that last message. And all I'm trying to do is skip the whole "error" part of trial and error. Sorry for not wanting to miss any more of Coachella than I have to.
    see, we don't have all the info to write the answers you think we all magically have. you seem to be not getting that. so, if it only would have taken you 30 seconds to answer your own question. then, well, why did you ask it in the first place? just answer it.

Because this is my first Coachella.

Because this is my first Coachella.
    obviously. again. you need to wait for set times. you need to also provide info on what you been by "arrive" such as parking lot? or walking inside... because to actually get inside you will HAVE to go by trial and error, none of us have any idea how the new rfid bracelets are going to affect gate traffic. at all.