Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I think I got scammed :(

Lurker

Unhappy I think I got scammed :(

So.......
    I wasnt able to get a ticket before it sold out so i had to resort to buying one on the after market. I ended up buying a ticket off of a lady in New York who could attend the festival anymore because she had to pay court fees. I bought the ticket for $425 ($400 for the ticket and $25 for overnight shipping). I talked to the lady on the phone prior to the transaction, she showed me pictures of the tickets as well as an ebay bid that she had done for them. Everything seemed legit. The first red flag came up when she didn't send the tickets till a day later than we had planned but I was so desperate for a ticket and she seemed legit. She eventually shipped them and the package made it all the way to my city before USPS deemed it as "Undeliverable as Addressed". I went to the post office to try and pick them up but by that point they were already on their way back to New York. I've called/texted/emailed/ and facebooked her multiple times now but she isn't responding anymore. DO you think I've been scammed? and if so, does anyone know where I can get a legit ticket pleaseeee?? the concert is less than a week away and I've already made all my preperations to go. I will be crushed if this doesn't work out
    Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Jurassic 5,Beach House, Modestep, Four Tet, Local Natives, TNGHT, POLICA, Purity Ring, Earl Sweatshirt, Jamie XX, Lee Scratch Perry,Hot Chip, Grizzly Bear, The XX, Spiritualized, Major Lazer, Dropkick Murphys, The 2 Bears, Phoenix (Daft Punk),Red Hot Chili Peppers, Social Distortion, WU TANG, Pretty Lights, Motha Fuckin JAMES BLAKE, Grimes, Roni Size, Alex Clare, Loco Dice, Jamie Jones, Cloud Nothings, Disclosure, Mimosa, Gaslamp Killer, Andrielien, Stephan Jacobs

Default Re: I think I got scammed :(

You got scammed. And the only way to get a real ticket will be to go steal your friends'.

Wow. I'm so sorry, dude. Is there any way to block the transaction of your payment?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    What if your woman is one of those water-filled bag things with a hole in the middle that is designed to fall out of your hands when you try to pick it up?

whats her email or like phone number?

Quote Originally Posted by andrewbsneaker View Post
    whats her email or like phone number?
    Hey Andrew, I think its the same lady that you recommended on the site a week or so back as my friend contacted the lady who you said was in NY about purchasing her tickets and he had the same story, cant go due to court cost and when he sent her money, she never sent him the tickets and now she wont answer her phone or respond to emails. He has opened up a police report on her as of today. Her email is musicalheaven33@yahoo.com

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by herro kitty View Post
    Wow. I'm so sorry, dude. Is there any way to block the transaction of your payment?
    Yes, I'm in the proccess of disputing the transaction over paypal.
    Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Jurassic 5,Beach House, Modestep, Four Tet, Local Natives, TNGHT, POLICA, Purity Ring, Earl Sweatshirt, Jamie XX, Lee Scratch Perry,Hot Chip, Grizzly Bear, The XX, Spiritualized, Major Lazer, Dropkick Murphys, The 2 Bears, Phoenix (Daft Punk),Red Hot Chili Peppers, Social Distortion, WU TANG, Pretty Lights, Motha Fuckin JAMES BLAKE, Grimes, Roni Size, Alex Clare, Loco Dice, Jamie Jones, Cloud Nothings, Disclosure, Mimosa, Gaslamp Killer, Andrielien, Stephan Jacobs

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by taggart29 View Post
    Hey Andrew, I think its the same lady that you recommended on the site a week or so back as my friend contacted the lady who you said was in NY about purchasing her tickets and he had the same story, cant go due to court cost and when he sent her money, she never sent him the tickets and now she wont answer her phone or respond to emails. He has opened up a police report on her as of today. Her email is musicalheaven33@yahoo.com
    yes thats the same thing that happened to me!!
    Her phone number is (347)304-2664
    Anyone who has some free time, please just spam her phone and email address. This lady is evil and needs to pay for her actions.

I got burned on e-bay for a wristband. Lucky for me, I'd purchased one previous to this, so I already had mine. I'd bought it to bring a friend. Poor show.

Mesa, Az, Amsterdam and Antwerp when I can!

File a report with her area police!
    99, 01, 02, 03, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11,12,13, 14
    Dancing In The Desert and Loving Every Minute of Coachella!

Check out my Coachella pictures at Flickr.com under AJVaughn.com. Other art work there also!
    There are 3 Coachella sets on Flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alanjvaughn/sets

Yes, report her to the cops & notify PayPal.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Manhattan Outcall Massage- Available Now! (Manhattan Outcall Only)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Date: 2011-04-08, 11:07PM EDT
    Reply to: serv-rtyv4-2314148699@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Best Massage In Manhattan- Stay In And I Travel To You!
    Friendly & Pretty Irish Masseuse
    Quick Arrival On Short Notice Usually 30 Mins- Manhattan Only
    Residential & Hotels Ok

Therapeutic, Deep Tissue, Sweedish, Light Touch
    Available Daily 1pm-1am. Weekends Late Nights & Early Mornings OK.
    Call anytime for an appointment & info at 347-304-2664.
    Thanks Amy

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2314148699

Oh Noez Amyzzz
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

oh wow i almost bought the tickets from here but i didnt have enough money for it but i talked to her for like 2 days and she seemed legit, she sent me pics of the wristband and a copy of her receipt so i thought she was legit

Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

nail this whore

Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Manhattan Outcall Massage- Available Now! (Manhattan Outcall Only)

Date: 2011-04-08, 11:07PM EDT
    Reply to: serv-rtyv4-2314148699@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Best Massage In Manhattan- Stay In And I Travel To You!
    Friendly & Pretty Irish Masseuse
    Quick Arrival On Short Notice Usually 30 Mins- Manhattan Only
    Residential & Hotels Ok

Therapeutic, Deep Tissue, Sweedish, Light Touch
    Available Daily 1pm-1am. Weekends Late Nights & Early Mornings OK.
    Call anytime for an appointment & info at 347-304-2664.
    Thanks Amy

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2314148699

Oh Noez Amyzzz
    Thanks for this info, I will give this to my friend to give to the police as well as I plan on hanging this lady

That really sux dude. I was fortunate enough to buy a wristband today. I met the girl at a coffe shop and she had no problem supplying me with the receipt and a copy of her driver license. We actually sat and had coffee together for a pleasant hour. Kind'a felt like an expensive, successful blind date.
    '01 '02 '03 '04 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '11 '12 '13...

I was duped.
    Same thing happened to me. I was getting passes for my friends. Had her e-mail as saratsarat33@gmail.com.
    She wanted to exchange IDs, giving me a reason as to how she was shafted in the past. After telling her that I won't do any exchanges outside of PayPal, she said that I can send the money to her friend.
    Undeliverable package, being sent back to NY. I filed a "dispute" on PayPal, and immediately got a response stating that the person cannot respond to disputes at the time, so I "escalated" it saying she's fraudulent, and linked this thread in the comments.

Quote Originally Posted by MantisMel View Post
    That really sux dude. I was fortunate enough to buy a wristband today. I met the girl at a coffe shop and she had no problem supplying me with the receipt and a copy of her driver license. We actually sat and had coffee together for a pleasant hour. Kind'a felt like an expensive, successful blind date.
    What movie is your display from? This has been bugging me for days now...

Pretty in Pink

Pretty in Pink
    Oh, shut the fuck up! You're really going to make me google it??

Quote Originally Posted by emllik View Post
    Oh, shut the fuck up! You're really going to make me google it??
    CHRIST! IT'S HIM! Apologies.... I thought it was.... someone else...

Go ahead. Google the shit out of it. Im right and you are a doubtful fool.

EDIT... Apology accepted. Potential Flame war extinguished.

Pretty in Pink

Cough.... I thought it was Meg Ryan =\ And I swore I'd seen whatever film I thought it was =O

Go ahead. Google the shit out of it. Im right and you are a doubtful fool.

EDIT... Apology accepted. Potential Flame war extinguished.
    Doubtlessly =)

LOL! I guess there could be a slight resemblance. I personally love James Spader is all.

LOL! I guess there could be a slight resemblance. I personally love James Spader is all.
    I liked you a lot better when I was imagining you as Meg Ryan with a dykey haircut! Now my whole fantasy romp has been destroyed. Oh well, there's always lucid dreaming ; ) always nice to see good humor (as there's no waaaaaay I'd E-Rage on a fellow Coachellagoer without an audience foaming at the mouth!)

Did she answer the phone with a deep eastern euro accent..."hi, my name is Peggy. I hev Coachella wristband forrrr you."
    Class of 1999, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 W2, 2013 W1 & 2014 W2

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
    How can some1 still 100 dollars from a broke single mom!!!!! WTF!! People r so getto!! I wouldint do that to some1 I hate

Lurker

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME FIND A TICKET!! I will literaly do anything in my power to make it worth it for you... anything

no offense but anyone getting scammed is a moron,just buy from stubhub,you can't get scammed on there because even if a seller tries something fishy..stubhub will make it right all the time..never buy from out of state..face to face transaction.otherwise ya'll idiots

Quote Originally Posted by emllik View Post
    I liked you a lot better when I was imagining you as Meg Ryan with a dykey haircut! Now my whole fantasy romp has been destroyed. Oh well, there's always lucid dreaming ; ) always nice to see good humor (as there's no waaaaaay I'd E-Rage on a fellow Coachellagoer without an audience foaming at the mouth!)
    My dykey haircut has grown out a bit but lucid dream away