Thread: I can't even look at the line-up until the SET TIMES are released!!!

Angry I can't even look at the line-up until the SET TIMES are released!!!

I honestly can't even look at the line up anymore, because all I can think about is conflicts and possible set times. It's a torment and a waste of time!!!!
    U MAD?

Default Re: I can't even look at the line-up until the SET TIMES are released!!!

LOL

Default Re: I can't even look at the line-up until the SET TIMES are released!!!

Like this thread
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

The last few years have been good to me in terms of set times. I can't even remember the last time I had a major set conflict.

Sometimes the conflict is just the time of day. Like Rusko at 3pm last year.... lame....
    U MAD?

i've been listening to a shit load of artists regardless of set times. this way, i can discover new music whether i get to see it at coachella or not. if not there, then at the artist's own show.
    sure, conflicts suck. but seeing 30 artists instead of 35 in one weekend, still pretty damn awesome!
    further, i've made amends with the fact that sometimes i just have to walk away (unless their my top 3 performer of the day. in 2007 all i saw by arctic monkeys was "i bet that you look good on the dance floor." that song was squeezed between 75% of the sets from amy winehouse and rufus wainright.)
    Jagwar Ma ● the Knife ● GOAT ● the Preatures ● Bo Ningen ● Woodkid ● QOTSA ● Foxygen ● Little Dragon
    DARKSIDE ● Lorde ● Temples ● Factory Floor ● Banks ● Duck Sauce ● Grouplove ● Pet Shop Boys
    ††† ● OutKast ● Muse ● Mogwai ● Austra ● CHVRCHES ● Syd Arthur ● J. Roddy Watson & the Business

wishlist, still: wishlist, still: missy elliot●oingo boingo●talking heads●grace jones●george clinton●fiona apple
    sweat.x●jamiroquai●space●hooverphonic●los fabulosos cadillacs●la santa cecilia

Tomorrow????
    U MAD?

Hah I feel the same, there are some bands and DJs I still want to research but am refusing to do so until I am positive I won't be adding to my conflicts. And I agree about set times conflicting because they are too early, the general consensus is that The Twelves are likely to open up the Sahara, I want to see them so bad but am unsure if I can rally my group to get there that early.

Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    Hah I feel the same, there are some bands and DJs I still want to research but am refusing to do so until I am positive I won't be adding to my conflicts. And I agree about set times conflicting because they are too early, the general consensus is that The Twelves are likely to open up the Sahara, I want to see them so bad but am unsure if I can rally my group to get there that early.
    Honestly, I feel the same way. But there are times that you just need to say "fuck my group" and head out to see someone if you really want too. That's what I plan to do if my friends are all busy sleeping.

Dude, I really hope The Twelves aren't opening. That would blow.

I really want to see them
    U MAD?

i agree shaggy

Quote Originally Posted by werner12123 View Post
    Honestly, I feel the same way. But there are times that you just need to say "fuck my group" and head out to see someone if you really want too. That's what I plan to do if my friends are all busy sleeping.
    Ahh but see I'm predicting a little day drinking action (yeah yeah dehydration whatever I have to learn the hard way). Once that buzz sets in I can totally see myself getting into a chill mindset and stupidly missing The Twelves because they are early and I'll be too relaxed to stress about timing or gather my friends. So really this is all my fault, but this is an online forum so it wouldn't be right if I didn't bitch about the perfectly preventable consequences of my own action/inaction.

Took me at least two hours to get to sleep last night, I couldn't stop going over and over the lineup and potential conflicts.
    Don't miss the Twelves if you can help it! We saw them a few years back and they were so much fun. Can't wait to see them again.

Quote Originally Posted by eureka View Post
    Took me at least two hours to get to sleep last night, I couldn't stop going over and over the lineup and potential conflicts.
    Don't miss the Twelves if you can help it! We saw them a few years back and they were so much fun. Can't wait to see them again.
    They are one of my tops for the weekend, but over in the setlist threads everybody seems to concur they will open the Sahara. I am saddened by the fact that Joachim Garraud's keytar action is billed higher, but it kind of makes sense that's where they will be based on their poster billing.

But then again this is a prime example of why I can't even look at the lineup until set times are posted, I am stressing out over potential conflicts. Every time I look at the conflicts on the prediction threads I freak out, then remind myself that those aren't actual set times, and then freak out that the conflicts could be worse hah.

when should i start checking every 10 minutes, O wise members of the coachella forums
    -tim
    DRUGS ON KIDS

whiney pain in butt

tomorrow night...

Quote Originally Posted by thagorillaz View Post
    when should i start checking every 10 minutes, O wise members of the coachella forums
    -tim
    i know they won't come out until tomorrow night, or tuesday morning.....
    yet i can't help but refresh the main page ever so often just to make sure.... starting about 2 hours ago jajajaja

THIS. If I remember correctly they came out LATE Monday last year. Probably going to start checking every hour starting around 2pm or so.

These times should be taken as heavily rumored & unofficial. Updates will be made as information becomes available!

Friday

* The Rural Alberta Advantage - 12:30p - Outdoor Stage
    * Cold Cave - 2:00p - Gobi Tent
    * Skrillex - 4:00p - Sahara Tent
    * Interpol - 8:10p - Coachella Stage
    * Caifanes - 9:00p - Outdoor Stage
    * Monarchy - 9:30p - Gobi Tent
    * The Chemical Brothers - 10:00p-11:30p - ??? (Sahara Tent?)
    * Crystal Castles - 10:40p - Outdoor Stage
    * Boys Noize - 11:30p-1:00a - ??? (Sahara Tent?)
    * Flogging Molly - 12:00a - Outdoor Stage
    * Nosaj Thing - 12:00a - Gobi Tent

Saturday

* Freelance Whales - 2:10p - Coachella Stage
    * Gogol Bordello - 6:00p - Coachella Stage
    * Animal Collective - 9:40p - Coachella Stage
    * Suede - 10:40p - Mohave Tent
    * Daedelus - 12:00a - Gobi Tent

Sunday

* None at this time

where did these boys noize/chem bros "confirmations" come from btw?
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    To be fair, the chromosomal differential between candy raver kids and drunken NASCAR cowboy-types are virtually indectable.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    mmblack = Paul Tollett

Quote Originally Posted by mmblack View Post
    where did these boys noize/chem bros "confirmations" come from btw?
    chem. bros. timeslot was posted on their facebook. i'm not sure where the other ones are coming.

seriously. nosaj thing and daedelus both playing the gobi @ midnight makes me so happy. what a way to end the night.

so much for my work tonight.
    -tim
    DRUGS ON KIDS

OK, I peeked at the line-up... RAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!
    U MAD?

set times....set times...set times...

It's like the commercial where the lady is outside the store saying, 'open open open'

Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

Set Times at The Do LaB:

Friday

11:45am GoldRush
    1:45pm Michele Bass
    2:55pm RLS
    4:10pm SaQi
    5:25pm Govinda
    6:40pm LaReda
    7:55pm Lucent Dossier Experience
    8:35pm Jupit3r
    9:50pm KRADDY
    11:05pm Freq Nasty
    12:20am Lucent Dossier Experience

Saturday

11:30am The Ianator
    12:45pm Sammy Bliss
    2:00pm Jesse Wright & Lee Burridge
    4:05pm Patricio
    5:50pm Ana Sia
    7:40pm Lucent Dossier Experience
    8:20pm Emancipator
    10:15pm NitGrit
    11:15pm Lucent Dossier Experience
    11:55pm An-ten-nae

Sunday

12:00pm Karim So
    1:35pm Timonkey
    2:50pm Gladkill
    4:05pm Siren
    5:20pm Sugarpill
    6:35pm Stephan Jacobs
    7:50pm Lucent Dossier Experience
    8:30pm R/D
    9:45pm Paper Diamond
    10:55pm Lucent Dossier Experience

+Live painting all weekend long!
    Reggae on the River 2010 - Coachella 2011 - Railroad Revival Tour 2011 - Explosions In The Sky 2011 - HARD Summer 2011 - Outside Lands 2011

Quote Originally Posted by emg707 View Post
    Set Times at The Do LaB:

Friday

11:45am GoldRush
    1:45pm Michele Bass
    2:55pm RLS
    4:10pm SaQi
    5:25pm Govinda
    6:40pm LaReda
    7:55pm Lucent Dossier Experience
    8:35pm Jupit3r
    9:50pm KRADDY
    11:05pm Freq Nasty
    12:20am Lucent Dossier Experience

Saturday

11:30am The Ianator
    12:45pm Sammy Bliss
    2:00pm Jesse Wright & Lee Burridge
    4:05pm Patricio
    5:50pm Ana Sia
    7:40pm Lucent Dossier Experience
    8:20pm Emancipator
    10:15pm NitGrit
    11:15pm Lucent Dossier Experience
    11:55pm An-ten-nae

Sunday

12:00pm Karim So
    1:35pm Timonkey
    2:50pm Gladkill
    4:05pm Siren
    5:20pm Sugarpill
    6:35pm Stephan Jacobs
    7:50pm Lucent Dossier Experience
    8:30pm R/D
    9:45pm Paper Diamond
    10:55pm Lucent Dossier Experience

+Live painting all weekend long!
    Source?
    Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    I think it's complete fucking bullshit to go from a year with Mount Kimbie, Ramadanman, Kode 9, Joy Orbison, and Goth Trad (not to mention all the dnb) to getting Datsik, Borgore, Flux Pavillion, and Doctor fucking P.
    2013 Wishlist:
    Joker - Matty G - Mala - Loefah - Darkside - Youngsta - Joe Nice - Biome - Burial - Compa - Pinch - Kryptic Minds - Zomby - Phaeleh - Skream (screw Benga) - Hatcha - Truth - Tunnidge - Lurka - Phace - Black Sun Empire - London Elektricity - A Tribe Called Quest