Thread: Campground Yoga

Default Campground Yoga

Sorry if this has been discussed, I searched, but could not find a thread. I think it is really cool they are doing campground yoga this year, but does anyone else think that it should be earlier. I would be down for this, but the fact it goes from 10:30-11:30 is kind of weird. First of all the later in the morning the hotter it will be, and it doesn't really leave very much time to get ready before entering the festival. Anybody else think that it should be earlier?

Default Re: Campground Yoga

agreed...i usually start pre drinking at the time yoga is and ide link to wake up and start my day with a nice yoga session....9 - 10 would be better

Exactly, I was thinking 8:30-9:30 since I'm usually up by 8 anyway. That way it would allow some shower time before the pre drinking. It would be ideal to have two sessions, but I don't really see that happening

There is a girl on this board from arizona or somewhere who was talking about instructing a yoga class this year. Perhaps she can hold an earlier session

anytime from 8:30 would suit me

This was my worry also!!!!
    I'm thinking they thought we'd all be too hungover to get up early for the class so they scheduled it a bit later.
    It'd be best of it was at least one hour earlier, but 8:30 would be the best.

Lurker

I didnt see yoga sessions last year on-site. I do remember like 100 people do it at like 4am one morning though. Everyone was drunk and it wasn't a serious yoga sesh but still halarious

Quote Originally Posted by 24hours View Post
    This was my worry also!!!!
    I'm thinking they thought we'd all be too hungover to get up early for the class so they scheduled it a bit later.
    It'd be best of it was at least one hour earlier, but 8:30 would be the best.
    I'm sure we will still be hungover, but still awake due to the heat. Waking up to yoga would be the perfect hangover cure.

Quote Originally Posted by BlingBling137 View Post
    I didnt see yoga sessions last year on-site. I do remember like 100 people do it at like 4am one morning though. Everyone was drunk and it wasn't a serious yoga sesh but still halarious
    I would definitely attend that

Alright guys. We'll be at the festival in less than a week! Coachella has posted info about the yoga classes on here: http://www.coachella.com/camping/carcamping

Look under 'Onsite Camping Stuff'. See you soon!
    Coachella '10 + '11!

Haha clearly didn't read the posts in this thread.

No, she only arranged the Yoga last year informally and went out of her way to not only arrange it again this year, but make it an official offering with space provided by the Festival (congrats on that Sonya).
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    This is why you're a semi-employed cheetoh-munching fucktard.

Quote Originally Posted by TheClares View Post
    No, she only arranged the Yoga last year informally and went out of her way to not only arrange it again this year, but make it an official offering with space provided by the Festival (congrats on that Sonya).
    Sorry, I didn't mean it to sound unappreciative, I think its awesome. I just meant that we do know and are excited about the yoga sessions, just are hoping for them to be earlier.
    Last edited by Egull; 04-08-2011 at 02:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Egull View Post
    Sorry, I didn't mean it to sound unappreciative, I think its awesome. I just meant that we do know and are excited about the yoga sessions, just are hoping for them to be earlier.
    No apology needed and you're right, I didn't read far up enough on the thread . I actually mistook it for MY thread and quickly posted the new info. Takes a lot more than words on a computer screen to piss me off. Here's the link to the thread I started last year: http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37904. Anyways, the weather predictions, as iffy as they can be, say that it's looking to be in the low 90's. Most people practice yoga in heat around this temp to help open up the body and detox even more. I did take into consideration that the sun will be blazing and it will be hot... and that is why it is posted here (http://www.coachella.com/camping/carcamping) to bring yo damn water and sunblock peeps. Don't burn and def don't get dehydrated. Take care of yourselves!

Anyways, I have tried to move the classes earlier but the posting already appeared on Coachella.com. I haven't heard anything back yet so don't think that's going to happen in time. I'll email the campground coordinator again and see if it's possible. 7 more days until we're all HOME!
    Last edited by Sonybonez; 04-08-2011 at 11:51 AM. Reason: link to old thread
    Coachella '10 + '11!

Quote Originally Posted by TheClares View Post
    Thank you!
    Coachella '10 + '11!

Back with an update.

Recent communication with the Campground Events Coordinator said that it is possible to change the class to 9am BUT the email with all info was already sent out to over 100,000 people stating the previous time AND they will not be able to update the time in the Day Of Guide.

Here's the deal: I'll show up to teach a 45 min class at 9am and teach again at 10:30am for the people who do show up. Done and Done.

Enjoy the festival!
    Last edited by Sonybonez; 04-09-2011 at 04:50 PM.
    Coachella '10 + '11!

Quote Originally Posted by Sonybonez View Post
    Back with an update.

Recent communication with the Campground Events Coordinator said that it is possible to change the class to 9am BUT the email with all info was already sent out to over 100,000 people stating the previous time AND they will not be able to update the time in the Day Of Guide.

Here's the deal: I'll show up to teach a 45min class at 9am regardless if the info gets out or not and teach again at 10am for the people who do show up. Done and Done.

Enjoy the festival!
    Awesome!!! See you in 6 days!

I'm sorry. I have no interest to go back and read through this whole thread, so if my question is redundant I apologize. I am not camping, but I'd love to ride my bike over and join in the 10 am session. Is that possible and if so, where do I go?
    Last edited by algunz; 04-09-2011 at 04:14 PM.

Thank's sonya our group is looking forward to nice morning yoga session at 9am!

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    I'm sorry. I have no interest to go back and read through this whole thread, so if my question is redundant I apologize. I am not camping, but I'd love to ride my bike over and join in the 10 am session. Is that possible and if so, where do I go?
    No worries~ It's at 10:30(I went back and edited as you were posting) and I'll be in the Farmer's Market next to the swing sets.

So, we'll have a class at 9am for the early birds and at 10:30 for the ones who need a little more sleep

See you soon!

P.S. Any yogi's who are well practiced that wouldn't mind being a demo model as I instruct the class? Someone who knows how to move through a practice with just queuing that other students can look at for an example? I'd greatly appreciate it!
    Coachella '10 + '11!

Can't wait! I'll be there!

They heard me singing and they told me to STOP.

Looking forward to it, my body will thank me after for sure

i'm fat and in terrible shape and i'm totally not very flexible, but i still think this would be an awesome way to start my days over the weekend. will beginners be able to hang?

thank you SO much for doing official yoga this year!! i'm so happy and excited! also, i'll be joining the 9am early class if it's still going down, so it'll be a little cooler and i'll be able to do my yoga BEFORE i start day drinking, instead of vice versa!

thanks again!

Drunk yoga is the best. Totally helps with the balancing poses.

Quote Originally Posted by Penultimate View Post
    i'm fat and in terrible shape and i'm totally not very flexible, but i still think this would be an awesome way to start my days over the weekend. will beginners be able to hang?
    I'm sure you will be fine, you should just check it out and do what you can.

^^ What Egull said. Yoga is for every body and everybody!
    Coachella '10 + '11!

The 9am class and 10:30am classes will both be on the Day of Guide (per Coachella Events Coordinator). Don't forget to bring your mat, lots of water, a towel and SUNBLOCK.

When we were first setting things up I did ask for shade and sound and was unable to get it. I'm hoping that if we have a great turn out for yoga this year that next year we'll be able to get the yoga space more accommodated for the festival goers. *fingers crossed*

If you'd like more info on my practice or my yoga studio, you can check the website: www.thepadmayoga.com

Leaving in 2 days. See you guys soon!
    Coachella '10 + '11!

Lurker

Thanks for doing this! I haven't figured out my camping/housing situation yet. Previous arrangements fell through. I am totally hooked on Yoga and made a post about wanting to do it at Coachella. One of my leads on housing is an RV. So I would be shutteling it in. Shuttels don't start till 11...I love Yoga! Been doing Hot Yoga and it has been rocking my world!