Thread: Coachella vs. Bonnaroo

Default Coachella vs. Bonnaroo

Can anyone compare the camping environments, experiences, etc between Bonnaroo and Coachella?
    I went to Bonnaroo last year but after seeing the lineup it looks like Coachella's going to be the one. Can anyone also offer any advice on cost cutting at the festival? This whole fly to california thing isn't going to help...

Default Re: Coachella vs. Bonnaroo

Camping will save you money right from the start..... Dont drink alcohol, water is only $2 a bottle...............

Exclamation Re: Coachella vs. Bonnaroo

I'll tell u what. I went to both festivals last year. And I feel 100% that coachella was a much better experience. The sole fact alone that they had showers in coachella was better than bonnaroo. U needed more expensive VIP tix to shower at bonnaroo, and i heard they werent so good.

Another point to ponder is, camping offsite at coachella, highly recommended, i hear. I might try that this year. There is a place called lake cuihuilla or sumthin like that.

All in all, bonnaroo was a great lineup but a very very very dirty experience, i came home back to chicago and was sick from inhaling all that dust and shit for too long, sick for almost 2 months after. yech, if u go, pay the xtra money to get the "vip" experience. well hope that helps, probably see u there!!

yeah, i went to b-roo last year..this is my first year at coachella. from what i gather, the coachella experience is much cleaner..although more expensive. i'm also trying to find ways to cut costs.

haven't looked into offsite camping..i might just pay the 45 bucks being this is my first year.

I've never offsite camped and never will. I don't see a reason to, for one, and I'd also have no transportation. It's definitely a clean, cheap, and fun way to experience Coachella.
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

one difference is that at bonnaroo you can camp near your car

at coachella (at least in 2004) you had a seperate parking area

Thanks Meglo, that's a huge diff to know about! That kinda sucks for lugging shit in and out and also not being able to conveniently lock stuff in your car when you head into the show.

I camped at coachella last year and it was definitely a positive experience...showers, bar, conscessions, general store, right next to the venue..etc.

What my 3 friends and I did last year to avoid making multiple trips to the car in the parking lot was bring a shitty blanket or small tarp to put everything on that we couldnt carry on our backs and we each took a corner of the blanket/tarped and carried or dragged it on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Meglomaniax2025 View Post
    one difference is that at bonnaroo you can camp near your car

at coachella (at least in 2004) you had a seperate parking area
    Okay, yeah, that's a huge deal. Thanks.

Who else has been to both?