Thread: Companion Car Camping Questions

Question Companion Car Camping Questions

I have a companion car camping pass and plan on meeting with friends who have the actual campsite camping pass. They are coming from AZ and are planning on arriving on Friday afternoon. Can I park in the companion car camping area before my friends' arrival? Will camp sites run out in case my friends show up late on Friday?

Default Re: Companion Car Camping Questions

Quote Originally Posted by may_nerd View Post
    I have a companion car camping pass and plan on meeting with friends who have the actual campsite camping pass. They are coming from AZ and are planning on arriving on Friday afternoon. Can I park in the companion car camping area before my friends' arrival? Will camp sites run out in case my friends show up late on Friday?
    You can go in and park with your car companion parking pass. Camp sites should not run out - they only sold a certain number of spots and they should have room for everyone that bought them. If you bought the car companion parking pass yourself you may want to bring the receipt just as an added precaution but it should not be necessary..hopefully:-)

I had a question about companion parking too. I know the line for car camping is going to be a bitch-and-a-half on Thursday night/early Friday morning, but what about the line for the companion pass lot? A few people in my crew get off work late on Thursday night, but I'm thinking of trying to get there on Thursday afternoon. My idea was to give those friends my companion pass and take separate cars so none of us have to deal with a 3-4 hour wait at midnight. What do you guys think: viable strategy, or should we just suck it up and carpool?

i say establish camp early with those camp passes and give the companion passes to the laggers, its better to get your group into a decent spot rather than be waiting to camp at 1am because we all need to be together, group of 20+ cars from OC LA SF AZ and Portland 4PM - the pack leaves with out you. No point in 30 people waiting on 2.