Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Campers: What did you overlook in preparing for '10 & plan to correct in '11

Default Campers: What did you overlook in preparing for '10 & plan to correct in '11

Our group could've used an extra case of water per person to be more than comfortable. I got a solar panel charger for Xmas for the phone and iPod. Last year we craved breakfast every morning so we're trying to have a propane stove. What about you?
    Last edited by bobchella; 03-13-2011 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Shut Up Forever Almost All of You.

SEE YOU AT WEEKEND ONE!

Default Re: Campers: What did you overlook in preparing for '10 & plan to correct in '11

Last year I had an RV. This year I'm sleeping on the ground like a hobo. I don't want to talk about it.
    "Well, that's just like, you know... your opinion, man"

Default Re: Campers: What did you overlook in preparing for '10 & plan to correct in '11

This year we've invested in a solar shower. I'm generally not willing to wait in line for showers... but I'm also one of those people who NEEDS a shower to wake up. This is what we got: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000J2Q0T4

It'll be useful for Burning Man too.

The heat - misters for the shade canopies this year! Also not enough paper plates and plasticware for all the people around us we fed:-)

Quote Originally Posted by Inthecolumbiagorge View Post
    The heat - misters for the shade canopies this year! Also not enough paper plates and plasticware for all the people around us we fed:-)
    I've thought about getting misters, where did you get yours at?

Not taking as much shit, wait too much hassle lugging it around.

Quote Originally Posted by brematale111 View Post
    I've thought about getting misters, where did you get yours at?
    Got mine at canopycool.com
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

Those are sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Shut Up Forever Almost All of You.

SEE YOU AT WEEKEND ONE!

I planned on taking showers last year. Used to be 30 min lines. In 2010, 3 hour lines. I'm bringing extra water and just take my own shower at my camp.
    Iron Maiden, Boards of Canada and Underworld for 2013

ear plugs, sleeping pills
    G-funk acquired, thank you Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by Theijuiel View Post
    Don't watch Conspiracy Theory while on mushrooms.
    You know a festival is in the process of dying when you start to see sports jerseys there....

Last year I overlooked the 2 dozen other threads that discussed this same topic. I should have started there.

i slept in a tent last year. i will not make this mistake again.
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

Quote Originally Posted by LickTheLizzard View Post
    expand
    Konichiwa Bitchez!!!!!!!!!

The Black Keys, Robyn, Cut Copy, Warpaint, Nosaj Thing, Ariel Pink, !!!, Brandt Brauer Frick, Arcade Fire, Erykah Badu,The Radio Dept.,CSS, Best Coast, Twin Shadow.

if you cant access a shower, baby wipes are an ok alternative
    I came here to drink milk and kick ass.
    And I've just finished my milk.

Last year we brought way too much food and an entire camp kitchen. This year I am bringing ready to eat food and relying more on the farmers market for breakfast stuff. Also i'm bringing a tent fan and lots more beer!
    Last edited by mica892; 03-13-2011 at 09:13 PM.

Shade. Something to eliminate sleeping on the ground. My back was shot.
    2013 = Coverchella

2011 = Perfectchella

Quote Originally Posted by LickTheLizzard View Post
    Hahah! Same here!
    I'll actually be sleeping in the passenger seat of my car this year.
    I just have to remember to buy visors to block the sun.

I also need to remember to apply sun block on a regular basis. My left thigh got extremely burnt.

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    Hahah! Same here!
    I'll actually be sleeping in the passenger seat of my car this year.
    I just have to remember to buy visors to block the sun.

I also need to remember to apply sun block on a regular basis. My left thigh got extremely burnt.

Tents.. bad idea? Please tell me more.

I'm shaving my hair real short so if there are 3 hour lines for showers again I can just dump some water on my head and not feel completely disgusting.

Coachella Junkie frozen pilgrim's Avatar

more beer.

Some people have a tendency to bring too much. Lighten up on the perishable food. That save on cooler space and needing ice. There's plenty to eat inside the event. By the time you pack and spend the extra money on another cooler, ice and food that's gonna go bad anyways, you could have grabbed something inside to eat. Baby wipes, sun screen, water and shade are things you can't have too much of. And since Luca is bringing more beer, I won't have to

Quote Originally Posted by Suffacated View Post
    Some people have a tendency to bring too much. Lighten up on the perishable food. That save on cooler space and needing ice. There's plenty to eat inside the event. By the time you pack and spend the extra money on another cooler, ice and food that's gonna go bad anyways, you could have grabbed something inside to eat. Baby wipes, sun screen, water and shade are things you can't have too much of. And since Luca is bringing more beer, I won't have to
    This pretty much sums it up for me. Last year my roomie and I brought a portable range so we could cook up eggs, bacon, hash browns, carne asada... we brought sour cream, cheese... so many fuckin' perishables that we had to constantly keep cold and we were buying ice everyday. Definitely gonna cut back on that this year and try to eat in venue more.

Other than that we did pretty well. We didn't have any obvious "oh shit" moments, though we did forget paper towels and this year we will have a tent fan and a more reliable way to charge our phones than trying to cram around the charging station (someone else mentioned a solar charger).

Bring toilet paper. Earplugs and an eye mask might be good if you wanna sleep past 7:30-8am. As far as showering went, we used the freezing cooler water and some soap to take care of ourselves. It wasn't the best but damn, it woke us up and cleaned us up a bit. Worked for me.

e a t s l e e p w o r k c o a c h e l l a

solar shower and my own car. Last year we had to ditch the girl that brought us because she failed to get a real ticket before we left. It was a disaster. she had the ride, I had the gear. I got left on the field with no ride back home, and a ton of expensive gear I had to abandon. And fuck that line for showers. I need a cold shower in hot weather, and yeah, those showers can be glorious, but I waited 2 hours for a shower only to have the water go out on us, and when it came back on 20 minutes later, it was hot.
    So I just bought a car with Coachella in mind (well, I totaled my other one, so I had to get one.. yay foresters!) and still looking for the perfect solar shower. All the ones I'm seeing are only 5 gallon. I got 4 girls in my group.. how does that work, any pointers?

In America, you can buy more than 1 solar shower.

Quote Originally Posted by lawbstar View Post
    expand
    Quote Originally Posted by kimmyyf View Post
    Tents.. bad idea? Please tell me more.
    to expand. a tent in the middle of the polo fields turns into a fucking oven as soon as the sun comes up. if you sleep in a tent, you will wake up sweating and miserable every morning.

to fix this you can put some sort of canopy above your tent with a tarp blocking off the east to prevent the tent from getting morning sun exposure.

i think im ditching the tent all together this year. im just going to have a canopy with tarps hung on a few sides. shade + breeze should make for a beautiful morning.

For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

what is that supposed to mean? do foreigners only have one? I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by djbionik View Post
    what is that supposed to mean? do foreigners only have one? I don't get it.
    If you can only find a 5 gallon solar shower but need more than 5 gallons, buy more fucking solar showers to fit whatever your estimated needs are.

hammocks?

a bucket for peeing in to avoid late night treks to the dunny.
    I came here to drink milk and kick ass.
    And I've just finished my milk.

someone needs to start an "Official Emma Ocean Dictionary" thread.

Diarrhea Planet 2015

Extra rechargeable batteries for my phone and camera.