Thread: Thursday Wait Time??

Default Thursday Wait Time??

I know this has been discussed before, but now that everyone has seen the new map with the directions that seem to force every camper down the same road to the toll booths, I'm wondering if any experienced Coachella goers could offer up some educated guesses on what you think wait times will be this year based off years past and the new policies they have now??

From everything I've read, it sounds like it's always a nightmare getting there on Thursday night when I'm planning on getting there (around 9pm) with 3 to 5 hour wait times ... but do you think that waits will be worse this year since they are seemingly funneling every camper down that one road? Or will this really not effect things as much as I'm thinking?

I know there's really not much I can do about it regardless, but it'd be nice to have a relative idea of how long the wait might be!

Default Re: Thursday Wait Time??

Quote Originally Posted by moxie990 View Post
    I know this has been discussed before, but now that everyone has seen the new map with the directions that seem to force every camper down the same road to the toll booths, I'm wondering if any experienced Coachella goers could offer up some educated guesses on what you think wait times will be this year based off years past and the new policies they have now??

From everything I've read, it sounds like it's always a nightmare getting there on Thursday night when I'm planning on getting there (around 9pm) with 3 to 5 hour wait times ... but do you think that waits will be worse this year since they are seemingly funneling every camper down that one road? Or will this really not effect things as much as I'm thinking?

I know there's really not much I can do about it regardless, but it'd be nice to have a relative idea of how long the wait might be!
    some things to consider:

-people are stupid
    -they have a year experience under their belts of what worked, what didn't, etc
    -they've taken steps to ensure only valid festival attendees get anywhere near the festival
    -people are stupid
    -attendance is going to be the same as it was last year (75k+)
    -they have added additional space all around

will you wait? of course.
    will it be long? depends on your defintion of long.
    my advice? arrive as early as possible and make sure your car doesn't overheat or run out of gas.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    No. I push you down. Always.