Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What time are you car campers aiming to arrive on Thursday night?

Lightbulb What time are you car campers aiming to arrive on Thursday night?

From you people with experience from last year, when was a good time to arrive Thursday night if you're car camping? Also, any tips for someone who plans on arriving with other friends with car camping passes who want to get the spots next to each other?
    Quote Originally Posted by cured View Post
    If only the festival dates were announced early...oops.
    If only the lineup and tickets came out at the same time every year...oops.
    If only I knew tickets were starting to become scarce...oops.

Sounds like someone failed to plan...even better...planned to fail.

Default Re: What time are you car campers aiming to arrive on Thursday night?

I by no means have experience but I am leaving from la thursday morning (sometime between 9-10 am). From what I have heard the earlier the better. So as soon as you can leave you should leave.

With regards of getting spots next to friends it is pretty simple just have you cars next to each other in line. If you get separated during the drive to Coachella just have a meeting place outside of Coachella so you can follow each other again.

Past couple years I've been getting to Indio around 11:30AM. I suggest you do the same if you have the luxury of that option.

Quote Originally Posted by thedude15 View Post
    With regards of getting spots next to friends it is pretty simple just have you cars next to each other in line. If you get separated during the drive to Coachella just have a meeting place outside of Coachella so you can follow each other again.
    I think a lot of carpoolers and caravans will be meeting up at the Tennis Gardens this year.

Night? I'm showing up as early as I can. Hopefully around 8am and wait in line if there is one.
    When I held that gun in my hand, I felt a surge of power…like God must feel when he’s holding a gun.

as early as we can with our huge group, prob around 11:30am. the earlier the better.

before noon

Lurker

What about friday morning for companion parking?

It'll be a clusterfuck by 6pm

anyone there from 6pm and later...have a cooler full of food and drinks....and a porto potty as you will be in a long long looooonnnnnnngggg line.
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

Night is not a good option if it can be avoided....the earlier the better.

The line getting into the campgrounds can actually be fun - it was a big party last year in the evening. And there are portapotties.

Make sure that you guys keep your cars close at the Toll Booths before they search your cars and let you into the camp grounds. When the first of you get past the search, WAIT FOR THE REST OF YOUR FRIENDS just outside of the toll booth. If you keep driving they will guide you into the camp grounds and you won't get to be beside each other. This happened to me last year. I would suggest all cars getting in ONE line and not splitting up into different lines.
    Coachellas '08, '09, '10, '11, '12 (W1&2), '13 (W1&2)

Quote Originally Posted by natureboy View Post
    I would suggest all cars getting in ONE line and not splitting up into different lines.
    This seems like a no brainer! For all events like this (concerts, football games, etc) if you want to be near your friends you should always go in the same line.

But of course ... this will probably be news to a lot of people! LOL

pshhh...night.

stepup2stepout

Arrived at the festival at around 9 PM last year and didn't get in until passed 1.

We live in Vegas and are planning to leave around 7am or earlier... Gives us at least 5 hours to get there by check-in
    INTERPOL

Don't forget they will search your stuff thoroughly peeps!
    06', 07', 08', 09', 10', 11', 12', 13'

So if you have more than the allotted amount of beer (it's just 2 of us) will they seriously not let you take it in (to car camping)? I mean we're drinkers, no drugs... C'mon.......................

They gonna make us dump it on the side of the road, or will we be able to amply bury our shit under all the rest of our shit and be allowed to take in our cases of beer?
    INTERPOL

Well I don't think they're too strict with the amount of beer as long as it's not in glass or alcohol. How many cases are you taking?
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

Quote Originally Posted by frizzlefry View Post
    Well I don't think they're too strict with the amount of beer as long as it's not in glass or alcohol. How many cases are you taking?
    At least 4 cases... At least...

I know that it said on the rules 1 case per person I believe...

Yeah well, that aint gonna tide us over for a whole goddamn weekend.

So what, we're alcoholics... Full of love and respect certainly not gonna fuck with anybody, just want our poison!
    INTERPOL

Quote Originally Posted by stellarbanks View Post
    At least 4 cases... At least...

I know that it said on the rules 1 case per person I believe...

Yeah well, that aint gonna tide us over for a whole goddamn weekend.

So what, we're alcoholics... Full of love and respect certainly not gonna fuck with anybody, just want our poison!
    i saw one them take some from one of the cars last year because they thought it was too much...

you can always do the supermarket shuttle when/if you need more

yeah worst thing that will happen is that they'll take the two extra cases off you

supermarket shuttle is your friend, we brought back 5 more cases of beer on the saturday last year and no one said anything

Depending on how many people you're meeting up with.
    20+ Cars from all over the west coast; 4pm hopefully at the latest

I won't be there until 8 or 9 on Thursday. That's PM, not AM
    "Well, that's just like, you know... your opinion, man"

i have work thursday, won't be heading out to the desert until about 8pm at the earliest probably. i am screwed :-)

Not screwed, but you may end up sitting on top of your car drinking and playing frisbee with a few hundred people for an hour or two (try not to hit my car.)

sounds good i will bring my frisbee and many beers

Planning to leave San Jose area between 7-8am so we can hopefully be there around 4pm (this is my estimate based on google directions). I'm hoping to beat the rush of people coming from the LA area after work.

Anyone coming from the SF south bay area and can tell me if my estimate of about 8 hours fo driving is accurate?

I think we are leaving SLO hopefully around 7 am and be there a little past noon. Hopefully we leave a bit earlier like 5AM but i doubt it since we are driving from san jose to SLO the night before.

So one case of beer per person??